talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Devil said:

Forget my throw away comment mate and lets move on. 

I apologise it's only a game after all despite what Shankley once said

4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Not offendedxD just didn't know where you were going with it

These Liverpudlians all love a debate about us @Devil and we do the same with them all in love together  :x  :drunk: xD 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47wuzeoq959susctkorq 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Devil said:

I will break it down because sometimes I just write it out like I say it in my head and it doesn't really make sense. 

• Firstly I feel Klopp is crying about pretty much everything to the media at this current time, he's not coming across a happy guy whether that's the number of penalties a team gets or the number of injuries he blames the congested schedule for. I've even heard him be openly rude to a Sky reporter due to the fact he blames them for giving Liverpool less recovery time between fixtures. 
  • The overplayed part of the quote, that's pretty obvious you've got lots of injuries and he has claimed the fact players aren't getting enough of a break between games is the reason. 
  • Were killing the players, pretty much the same as above, players are dropping like flies due to quantity of fixtures in the short period of time. 
  • Nothing but kids, basically bemoaning the fact he has little option but to try and play young inexperienced players in defence.

Shite attempt at humour from me really, sorry for the confusion. 

I don't know how long you have supported manu but they used to have a manager by the name of Ferguson. If you think Klopp is a moaner you should have heard this guy. He moaned all the time even when manu were winning most weeks. His favourite was refs but he moaned about injuries, congested fixture lists he even blamed the colour of his own teams shirts once, I kid you not.

The point being that most managers are unhappy today and most complain, the chances are that the nasty foreign managers get the brunt of this criticism and Jurgen being vocal get's singled out more than most.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I don't know how long you have supported manu but they used to have a manager by the name of Ferguson. If you think Klopp is a moaner you should have heard this guy. He moaned all the time even when manu were winning most weeks. His favourite was refs but he moaned about injuries, congested fixture lists he even blamed the colour of his own teams shirts once, I kid you not.

The point being that most managers are unhappy today and most complain, the chances are that the nasty foreign managers get the brunt of this criticism and Jurgen being vocal get's singled out more than most.

Just because Fergie did it doesn't mean it's fine for another manager to :what:. Fergie was elite-level moaning but also elite-level manager.

I think Mourinho gets singled out more than Klopp, in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

There’s not exactly a long line of British managers managing elite clubs, so of course foreign managers will be singled out. They’re managing the most successful teams in the country.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just because Fergie did it doesn't mean it's fine for another manager to :what:. Fergie was elite-level moaning but also elite-level manager.

I think Mourinho gets singled out more than Klopp, in my opinion. 

Nah I grew up with Sky telling me everything Ferguson ever did is what every manager should aspire to. That should make it fine tbh

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Mate, I’ve watched enough football over the past 30 years. They don’t even kick the same ball anymore. Games are nothing like they were in the 70’s, 80’s and early 90’s. Heck, United even in their prime were a counter attacking team that prayed on mistakes and capitalising. The first I saw of the type of football that nearly everyone tries to play now is Pep back 07/08 onwards. Yes there’s been a TikiTaka style that has been attempted before, but combined with the technology that we have now that covers a players distance/intake/rest time/short bursts etc, I genuinely can’t see a similarity. When the game was played at a faster tempo years ago, it would have been today’s jogging pace. 

I figured you'd been watching for a lot shorter period of time.

It's silly to make generalizations the games 30 years ago weren't always played at a slow tempo, many games were played at a breakneck pace, the merseyside derby was famous for it.

Yes the players now are generally faster but that isn't always the case, go back 20 years and the likes of Michael Owen was faster than many today, go back another 20 and Heighway was fast too, I'm just using those two as examples but there were plenty of others too.

I realize there is no real answer to the question of why injuries seem so much more prevalent, players are rotated today more than in the past, medical and physio light years ahead than they were, fitter players should be able to avoid injuries more than ones not as fit, the list is endless.

Young fans have this "Harry Enfield" version of football back then, it was funny on his show but obviously not the case mate.

17 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I've only been supporting Manchester United 6 months mate who's Ferguson?

:rofl:

I know they all moan mate but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna joke about your manager, it's part of the game pal being our long time sworn enemies. 

He is moaning a lot of late there is no doubt about it. 

12 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I figured you'd been watching for a lot shorter period of time.

It's silly to make generalizations the games 30 years ago weren't always played at a slow tempo, many games were played at a breakneck pace, the merseyside derby was famous for it.

Yes the players now are generally faster but that isn't always the case, go back 20 years and the likes of Michael Owen was faster than many today, go back another 20 and Heighway was fast too, I'm just using those two as examples but there were plenty of others too.

I realize there is no real answer to the question of why injuries seem so much more prevalent, players are rotated today more than in the past, medical and physio light years ahead than they were, fitter players should be able to avoid injuries more than ones not as fit, the list is endless.

Young fans have this "Harry Enfield" version of football back then, it was funny on his show but obviously not the case mate.

Absolutely you had the likes of Owen, Ronaldo etc who were lightning. They also broke down pretty much all the time. I’m not saying there weren’t the odd game or two, but in general, even the shittest players run 10km per game and are fitter than the superstars of yesteryear. 

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Absolutely you had the likes of Owen, Ronaldo etc who were lightning. They also broke down pretty much all the time. I’m not saying there weren’t the odd game or two, but in general, even the shittest players run 10km per game and are fitter than the superstars of yesteryear. 

Kinda like saying cars today are better made, serviced more often so that's why they break down more:)

Look, I'm not expecting an answer as to why so many injuries, it was rhetorical everyone has an opinion, my guess is it's probably down to pure old bad luck:what:

It’s not like matches from the olden days can’t be pretty easily pulled up on the internet - it’s not a really a debate that players are much more athletic nowadays. It’s a pretty easily verifiable fact.

Aside from that, the days of players coming out to matches drunk and coked the fuck out wasn’t that far away from now tbh - and I don’t think you see that much at the top level anymore.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Kinda like saying cars today are better made, serviced more often so that's why they break down more:)

Look, I'm not expecting an answer as to why so many injuries, it was rhetorical everyone has an opinion, my guess is it's probably down to pure old bad luck:what:

They’re moving faster, expected to cover more ground (in pretty much every position nowadays) than they used to, and playing more matches. There’s a pretty high risk for wear and tear

26 minutes ago, Devil said:

I've only been supporting Manchester United 6 months mate who's Ferguson?

:rofl:

I know they all moan mate but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna joke about your manager, it's part of the game pal being our long time sworn enemies. 

He is moaning a lot of late there is no doubt about it. 

Probably, it's just that manu fans loved to waffle on about Raffa moaning now it's Klopp, I just find it a bit amusing that none of them had a go at Ferguson who had turned his weekly moans into an art form.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s not like matches from the olden days can’t be pretty easily pulled up on the internet - it’s not a really a debate that players are much more athletic nowadays. It’s a pretty easily verifiable fact.

Aside from that, the days of players coming out to matches drunk and coked the fuck out wasn’t that far away from now tbh - and I don’t think you see that much at the top level anymore.

As I said mater, they are much fitter so should stay healthier longer.

As I said, it's rhetorical, everyone has an opinion and none can be proven or disproved.

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

As I said, it's rhetorical, everyone has an opinion and none can be proven or disproved.

True, but I think anyone can categorically say its not just down to pure bad luck that several teams have suffered plenty of injuries, especially this season compared to previous. 

39 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Probably, it's just that manu fans loved to waffle on about Raffa moaning now it's Klopp, I just find it a bit amusing that none of them had a go at Ferguson who had turned his weekly moans into an art form.

Now come on mate, Rafa's Fergie rant is stuff of legends mate, then there was Keegans rant. 

He didn't have get under the skin of some managers 😂

1 minute ago, Devil said:

Now come on mate, Rafa's Fergie rant is stuff of legends mate, then there was Keegans rant. 

He didn't have get under the skin of some managers 😂

Rafa's rant, Keegan's rant, Klopp's rant...............hmmm I seem to be picking up on a bit of a pattern here?

Blinkered? No surely not.:whistling:

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Everything Rafa said in the facts rant was true though

The funniest thing about the supposed "rant" was that Rafa was most likely the least "rantable" person I ever saw, he calmly listed  things that Demento got away with on a daily basis.

Seriously if anyone thinks that was a "rant" I wish they could see my mam when i was a teenager in the south end of Liverpool coming home after a night on the ale.xD

5 hours ago, Devil said:

I will break it down because sometimes I just write it out like I say it in my head and it doesn't really make sense. 

• Firstly I feel Klopp is crying about pretty much everything to the media at this current time, he's not coming across a happy guy whether that's the number of penalties a team gets or the number of injuries he blames the congested schedule for. I've even heard him be openly rude to a Sky reporter due to the fact he blames them for giving Liverpool less recovery time between fixtures. 
  • The overplayed part of the quote, that's pretty obvious you've got lots of injuries and he has claimed the fact players aren't getting enough of a break between games is the reason. 
  • Were killing the players, pretty much the same as above, players are dropping like flies due to quantity of fixtures in the short period of time. 
  • Nothing but kids, basically bemoaning the fact he has little option but to try and play young inexperienced players in defence.

Shite attempt at humour from me really, sorry for the confusion. 

I was confused by Interpreting "I've got nothing but kids speech" as some kind of exclamation by you which didn't make sense.

21 minutes ago, Harry said:

I was confused by Interpreting "I've got nothing but kids speech" as some kind of exclamation by you which didn't make sense.

Bloody hell, you lot are making me consider doing a resit on my English GCSE's. 

• Haha 1