talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

1 minute ago, Rick said:

I don’t see how Fabinho can’t be ready for it. He’ll have had 3 weeks back by the time it rolls around, so unless he has a knock you have to expect him to be ready. 

Watching the friendly v Bologna, bit uneasy with how much this makeshift kit looks like utd 😂

Not watching but starting 11 not far off what it'll be next Saturday. I agree Fabinho probably comes in with only three weeks off. Alisson too. Van Dijk may not start v Norwich

24 minutes ago, Rick said:

I don’t see how Fabinho can’t be ready for it. He’ll have had 3 weeks back by the time it rolls around, so unless he has a knock you have to expect him to be ready. 

Watching the friendly v Bologna, bit uneasy with how much this makeshift kit looks like utd 😂

What channel's it on pal?

38 minutes ago, Rick said:

Nike kits are basically AIDS in clothing form tbh

On 06/08/2021 at 18:32, Dr. Gonzo said:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-understood-agreed-fee-newcastle-21244306

Liverpool agree fee with Newcastle for youngster Bobby Clark.

Liverpool fans: we need a signing that can play up front, but someone like Bobby

FSG: Bobby you say?

I know you've got your annual 'I hate FSG' hat on, but haven't you learnt anything over the past few years?

We have consistently signed players under the radar..Fabinho.. Jota... for example. I wouldn't be cry arsing about lack of signings just yet!

You also presumably know that Anfield is being expanded as we speak? Money for that doesn't grow on trees!

FSG have sanctioned bumper new deals for the core of our top players, which again.. doesn't come cheap.

Every summer we have this and every autumn most people are happy with our business. 

I'll say again.. we are not Manchester City or Chelsea where money is no object.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Fuck FSG, I was a lot more tolerant of them being greedy dickheads up until they tried to fuck up European football with the Super League. They’ve got a long way to go before they’re forgiven and that’s forgotten.

But 99% of your comments regarding FSG have had nothing to do with the super league.. they have been aimed at lack of signings etc?

You and somebody else on here do the same year in year out. 

Plenty of time left yet to get deals over the line. 

41 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

But 99% of your comments regarding FSG have had nothing to do with the super league.. they have been aimed at lack of signings etc?

Obviously this is me you’re talking about. We have needed another attacking player for the best part of two seasons now, yet it’s likely that we will still have Origi on our bench. That’s not good enough. 

After last season, I would have thought that were would be a proper effort into improving the squad. Yes, we brought in a centre back, but we have lost Gini (who played most games last season) and are not going to bring in a replacement. These owners are constantly tempting fate and expecting miracles from Klopp. 

It’s always frustrating when it looks like you’re standing still at a club while those teams around you all improve. City, Chelsea & Utd have all improved their first 11’s over the summer, while we claim poverty for another window. Have to get away from this “poor me” way of thinking, because this club has the ability to spend more on the playing squad than it has in the last two years. 

Do you honestly think Klopp is happy that he is having to rely on Origi, Shaqiri and Minamino for another season? He would never say he’s pissed of publicly, but it’s impossible to say he has been back as much as he deserves. 

14 minutes ago, Rick said:

Obviously this is me you’re talking about. We have needed another attacking player for the best part of two seasons now, yet it’s likely that we will still have Origi on our bench. That’s not good enough. 

After last season, I would have thought that were would be a proper effort into improving the squad. Yes, we brought in a centre back, but we have lost Gini (who played most games last season) and are not going to bring in a replacement. These owners are constantly tempting fate and expecting miracles from Klopp. 

It’s always frustrating when it looks like you’re standing still at a club while those teams around you all improve. City, Chelsea & Utd have all improved their first 11’s over the summer, while we claim poverty for another window. Have to get away from this “poor me” way of thinking, because this club has the ability to spend more on the playing squad than it has in the last two years. 

Do you honestly think Klopp is happy that he is having to rely on Origi, Shaqiri and Minamino for another season? He would never say he’s pissed of publicly, but it’s impossible to say he has been back as much as he deserves. 

We had the exact same discussion this time last year... then we signed Thiago and Jota within days.

Give it time. No need to wet the bed just yet mate, the window doesn't close for another month and we need to offload some foreign players first to make room in the squad. There are rules on non homegrown players and we are at the limit as things stand.

Our transfer business has been second to none over recent times, brought loads of success yet still the same old faces have such little confidence every single summer.

Be patient.

Edited by LFCMadLad

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think you’ve got me confused with someone else.

But any time FSG are to be criticised, I’ll be there. They’re bad for us and bad for football.

19 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Our transfer business has been second to none over recent times, brought loads of success yet still the same old faces have such little confidence every single summer.

I dunno if I agree with that. Were you here for the last season?

39 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We had the exact same discussion this time last year... then we signed Thiago and Jota within days.

Give it time. No need to wet the bed just yet mate, the window doesn't close for another month and we need to offload some foreign players first to make room in the squad. There are rules on non homegrown players and we are at the limit as things stand.

Be patient.

Our transfer business left us severely short in defence, and relying on Salah for anything good going forward. 

There’s so little actual challenge to Sadio & Bobby’s places, that they can both be playing the worst football of their careers and still be undroppable. 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Our transfer business left us severely short in defence, and relying on Salah for anything good going forward. 

There’s so little actual challenge to Sadio & Bobby’s places, that they can both be playing the worst football of their careers and still be undroppable. 

We wouldn't have been short in defence had 3 CB's not suffered season ending injuries. Ffs come on. 

Jota was signed to provide competition for the front 3 and even he was out for 3 months injured. 

There is still a month of the transfer window left open. No need to shit yourself just yet is all I'm saying. 

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You're not daft Gonzo, you know full well the circumstances surrounding last season. You don't need me to spell it out for you.

Yeah it’s not like people said “hmm it’s a bit weird we’ve let Lovren go without bringing a replacement in, we’re one VVD injury from relying on some seriously injury prone CBs.”

And that absolute fucking cunt Pickford probably saw that somewhere on the internet and thought “oh shit that’s a good point” and went through VVD’s ACL.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

We wouldn't have been short in defence had 3 CB's not suffered season ending injuries. Ffs come on. 

Jota was signed to provide competition for the front 3 and even he was out for 3 months injured. 

There is still a month of the transfer window left open. No need to shit yourself just yet is all I'm saying. 

Tbh I think our business is sort of at a standstill until we can remove one or two non-homegrown players from our books at the prices we want for them.

But Origi’s stock is so low right now, Shaqiri’s got suitors but they’re skint Serie A clubs, so I don’t think we’ll get them sold at a price we’re looking for. Maybe Southampton come back for Minamino?

But I think we’re having our hardest summer under Michael Edwards in terms of clearing out deadwood… and I think it’s definitely affected our “squad building”

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah it’s not like people said “hmm it’s a bit weird we’ve let Lovren go without bringing a replacement in, we’re one VVD injury from relying on some seriously injury prone CBs.”

And that absolute fucking cunt Pickford probably saw that somewhere on the internet and thought “oh shit that’s a good point” and went through VVD’s ACL.

Or when people said Liverpool’s front three will burn out, and then you went on had that record defeat streak at home without scoring a single goal from open play. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Cicero said:

Or when people said Liverpool’s front three will burn out, and then you went on had that record defeat streak at home without scoring a single goal from open play. 

Tbh I don’t know how much of that was really our front 3 burning out.

The biggest problem we had at that point was our best midfielders were playing at CB or getting injured, or both. And we absolutely ran Gini Wijnaldum into the ground by December - but couldn’t afford to give him a rest because we needed people on the pitch.

It left us with a midfield that was unable to create or defend. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ok in hindsight it was a gamble not replacing Lovren, a gamble that backfired. But come on.. nobody could have forseen the injury crisis that would occur in Central defence. 

We have replaced Lovren now and there is still a month left to offload some players and bring 1 or 2 in. I just don't get the panic you all expose every single summer when by and large we have an excellent recruitment record.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbh I think our business is sort of at a standstill until we can remove one or two non-homegrown players from our books at the prices we want for them.

But Origi’s stock is so low right now, Shaqiri’s got suitors but they’re skint Serie A clubs, so I don’t think we’ll get them sold at a price we’re looking for. Maybe Southampton come back for Minamino?

But I think we’re having our hardest summer under Michael Edwards in terms of clearing out deadwood… and I think it’s definitely affected our “squad building”

Exactly!!

We can't bring anymore foreign players in until we have cleared out some current foreign players. 

See you know this yet some are still screaming and shouting for new players. 

Let's just see what happens in the next few weeks and pick up this discussion then. 

27 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Exactly!!

We can't bring anymore foreign players in until we have cleared out some current foreign players. 

See you know this yet some are still screaming and shouting for new players. 

Let's just see what happens in the next few weeks and pick up this discussion then. 

Tbf I’m on a football forum, I’m not camped up outside John Henry’s house calling him a cunt and trying to fuck his wife.

I’m allowed to have fucking opinions. You’re allowed to disagree with them. We don’t always have to agree mate xD

31 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Ok in hindsight it was a gamble not replacing Lovren, a gamble that backfired. But come on.. nobody could have forseen the injury crisis that would occur in Central defence. 

We have replaced Lovren now and there is still a month left to offload some players and bring 1 or 2 in. I just don't get the panic you all expose every single summer when by and large we have an excellent recruitment record.

But people did foresee a possible injury crisis… even on here, before Lovren was even sold.

I think other than last season and this season, I’ve been pretty happy with our recruitment.

But I don’t understand not investing in the side after winning the league. And I think last season exposed a few issues with depth in the squad that we’re being very slow to address… while we’ve lost the midfielder who played the most for us last season and has been a key part of the spine of a very good Liverpool for several seasons.

And I think FSG deserve every ounce of criticism they get for the foreseeable future.