talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I'm not sure what the "partnership" entails but Lebron James has had a financial stake in LFC for a decade.

image.png

Think he previously had a stake in the club itself. Now he has a stake in FSG, which includes Liverpool, Boston Red Sox, their television network and other assets.

Edited by ScoRoss

46 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Your owners are just going to dump £540 million into your club :o  ..disgusting! 

I don't understand some of these clubs... they win a title then have an implosion the next season and suddenly they start panic investing.. When clubs like Liverpool are suddenly throwing money at their problems willy nilly it makes it unfair on the rest of us who have to manage our finances fairly.. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Your owners are just going to dump £540 million into your club :o  ..disgusting! 

Ya reckon? xD

They bought us for 360M, we are worth in excess of 1.4B today.

They have averaged around 20M per year invested into the squad over the last decade.

They ain't dumping nowt into the club sunshine.:coffee:

1 minute ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Ya reckon? xD

They bought us for 360M, we are worth in excess of 1.4B today.

They have averaged around 20M per year invested into the squad over the last decade.

They ain't dumping nowt into the club sunshine.:coffee:

We will see :134_spy:

5 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Think he previously had a stake in the club itself. Now he has a stake in FSG, which includes Liverpool, Boston Red Sox, their television network and other assets.

That's a fucking incredible return on investment, holy shit.

Still pennies for him with all of his endorsement deals xD

I do think much of RedBird Capital's investment into FSG, he's made no secret that he one day wants to own a basketball team when he retires. So I think he'll primarily be focused on expanding FSG to basketball, rather than growing FSG's current sporting investments. I suspect they go in for the Boston Celtics or something soon.

I'm not convinced that this means much for Liverpool.

11 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a level playing field with the oily Sheiks and dodgy Russian crooks but I'll believe it when I see it.

We are self funded, this was proved in court twice! :coffee:  ..we don't need daddy's money anymore, in the last 10 years we have won more silverware than any other English side and not finished outside the top 4 which has given us a shit load of our own cash

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

We are self funded, this was proved in court twice! :coffee:  ..we don't need daddy's money anymore, in the last 10 years we have won more silverware than any other English side and not finished outside the top 4 which has given us a shit load of our own cash

Awww cute,  you rarely see this much naïveté in adults these days.xD

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That's a fucking incredible return on investment, holy shit.

Still pennies for him with all of his endorsement deals xD

I do think much of RedBird Capital's investment into FSG, he's made no secret that he one day wants to own a basketball team when he retires. So I think he'll primarily be focused on expanding FSG to basketball, rather than growing FSG's current sporting investments. I suspect they go in for the Boston Celtics or something soon.

I'm not convinced that this means much for Liverpool.

Nah, unfortunately you are probably right mate.

3 hours ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Nah, unfortunately you are probably right mate.

Hope I’m wrong, but I think there’s a lot of indication that he’s wanting to buy a basketball team and teaming up with FSG as a partner probably makes that more likely for him.

But on the other hand, Liverpool’s been a sound investment for him. So I’m sure he wants to keep seeing us do well.

I just think his priority at FSG is going to primarily be with basketball.

34 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Hope I’m wrong, but I think there’s a lot of indication that he’s wanting to buy a basketball team and teaming up with FSG as a partner probably makes that more likely for him.

But on the other hand, Liverpool’s been a sound investment for him. So I’m sure he wants to keep seeing us do well.

I just think his priority at FSG is going to primarily be with basketball.

You would think if FSG were going to buy an NBA franchise they would be limited to the Celtics, which would cost some serious change in excess of $3B.

3 hours ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

You would think if FSG were going to buy an NBA franchise they would be limited to the Celtics, which would cost some serious change in excess of $3B.

I’m not so sure they’d feel constrained to Boston just because they’ve got history there.

Otherwise they wouldn’t own us. That’s probably John Henry’s ideal side. Not like LeBron’s got any history with them though (although tbh I don’t know if he does, but I don’t think he does). No NBA side is cheap though.

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’m not so sure they’d feel constrained to Boston just because they’ve got history there.

Otherwise they wouldn’t own us. That’s probably John Henry’s ideal side. Not like LeBron’s got any history with them though (although tbh I don’t know if he does, but I don’t think he does). No NBA side is cheap though.

I don't think it mattered much to most Bostonians one way or another when they bought us, we are on another continent and not in direct competition, I just don't see FSG buying a rival of the Celtics.

But as you say, no NBA franchise would come cheap.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Good news providing it doesn't mean he's injured

Southgate’s confirmed he’s been dropped because of his form.

Bit weird to publicly say that after calling up Dier and Trippier (how good has his form been serving that match ban?) - could dent Trent’s confidence as he’s actually coming back into form, in a season where I think he’s struggled for confidence. But that’s Southgate for you.

But at the end of the day, I prefer to not have him be risked - especially this season.

27 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Southgate’s confirmed he’s been dropped because of his form.

Bit weird to publicly say that after calling up Dier and Trippier (how good has his form been serving that match ban?) - could dent Trent’s confidence as he’s actually coming back into form, in a season where I think he’s struggled for confidence. But that’s Southgate for you.

But at the end of the day, I prefer to not have him be risked - especially this season.

Think there's some tarnished relationships between the club and Southgate after the Gomez injury?