talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

8 minutes ago, Rick said:

I may just have to eat my words about some of these players. But if I do, you can bet your arse I’ll be throwing the word “hindsight” around plenty. 😂

That's the best way to be wrong though. I'd rather be happily surprised than disappointed.

Maybe the players are a bit pissed off with how the last season went. And I do think Klopp's Liverpool teams always play better when they're "angry" - the manager's said something to that effect too, how he wants them to be happy generally in life, but angry and like they've got a point to prove on the pitch.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think that goes for everyone tbh

Defo, just that with your players they've achieved all you can want to achieve in one country so would have been more open to a move to Spain if the clubs could afford them. Obviously you wouldn't have seen a mass exodus, but this has probably stopped you from losing one of Mane and Salah.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Defo, just that with your players they've achieved all you can want to achieve in one country so would have been more open to a move to Spain if the clubs could afford them. Obviously you wouldn't have seen a mass exodus, but this has probably stopped you from losing one of Mane and Salah.

Yeah i agree, could definitely have seen Salah move on if the right offer came in. As you say, nobody could afford our best players now, them from abroad anyway. 

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah and he mentioned Gini like he was still at the club…. which is a bit weird

He was definitely one of his favourites and the presser kind of cements that fact. I can't wait for the first game now and what a team to play first too.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Looks like Klopp insinuated no more signings during his presser. 

He does the same every summer. Gets the press/fans talking about lack of signings.. then let's Edwards go about his business signing players under the radar. 

39 minutes ago, Inverted said:

When you sell yourself to Qatar, you make a commitment a lot deeper than at other clubs. 

He’s well advised not to renew his contract. 

Looks like that's what he's doing with less than 12 months on his current contract. 

24 minutes ago, Rick said:

Davies to Sheffield on loan is a done deal. The way he has been treated by the club is a disgrace.  

Why's that? He was brought in on loan, got injured, then couldn't get into a side that won about 8 out of their last 10 games.

What's disgraceful about that?

Unless you're suggesting we should have just thrown him in as a token gesture. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

29 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Why? 

Brought in on a long term deal. Had some fitness issues to start with, but then when he was fit he was barely in match day squads, instead the terrible Rhys Williams was chosen ahead of him. Then this season he is fully fit, raring to go, and is told “you’re going out on loan…but not to a premier league club, you’re going back to the championship” absolutely no minutes played for Liverpool in competitions, played 30 mins of a friendly a few weeks back and that’s it. Played over 100 games for Preston, brought in and shown very little respect. And don’t tell me Rhys Williams is a better player, because that lad was on loan in the non league and was only used out of desperation last season, he’s absolutely shit and needs to be shipped out. Liverpool basically wasted half a year of Davies career. 

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Brought in on a long term deal. Had some fitness issues to start with, but then when he was fit he was barely in match day squads, instead the terrible Rhys Williams was chosen ahead of him. Then this season he is fully fit, raring to go, and is told “you’re going out on loan…but not to a premier league club, you’re going back to the championship” absolutely no minutes played for Liverpool in competitions, played 30 mins of a friendly a few weeks back and that’s it. Played over 100 games for Preston, brought in and shown very little respect. And don’t tell me Rhys Williams is a better player, because that lad was on loan in the non league and was only used out of desperation last season, he’s absolutely shit and needs to be shipped out. Liverpool basically wasted half a year of Davies career. 

So we can both acknowledge that he got injured after signing. What we don't know is how he adapted to what was expected of him at Liverpool. I've never seen the lad play (and I would doubt any of us have) and I'm not saying Williams is/was better but what Williams did have over Davies was that he'd spent the full season training and playing under Klopp. 

Maybe Klopp didn't think Davies was ready from what he'd saw of him in training? 

Also, there was no Premier League clubs in for him so that's a bit of a weird take.

Williams obviously wasn't ready either but to take such a strong stance in favour of a player you've never seen play and know barely anything about is a bit bizarre. I think I'd trust the manager and his staff on this one.

• Upvote 1