talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2024

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber
37 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm a big fan of the new feature that let's you start from July 3rd before transfers were made.

Me too - it makes sense because I always feel a bit weird in the first transfer window adding to the signings already made!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nudge said:

Also heads up to those who play on mobile - FM24 will release exclusively on Netflix Games in November, which means it'll be available for free with your Netflix subscription

Wait, it's not gonna be on Android or the likes?

Ffs. 🤬

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. Just saw you can get it on the Store as before, but you need to login with your Netflix account. Might as well download it via Netflix if that's the case.

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

• Subscriber
On 19/10/2023 at 20:04, The Palace Fan said:

I'm a big fan of the new feature that let's you start from July 3rd before transfers were made.

That's a thing? Oh fuck me. I've been wanting that for years.

Sods law though they had to introduce that in the year it feels like we've nailed our business.

• Subscriber
On 01/11/2023 at 12:35, Tommy said:

What responsibilities do you guys usually delegate to your staff? Or do you do everything yourself? 

Off the top of my head...

- Staff contract renewals bar the important ones like chief scout, DoF etc.. but I make sure that this is after I bring in a backroom team that I'm happy with so they don't go and bring me in a load of dross

- youth contracts, again, I will probably step in if we inherit a wonderkid

- training, I admit I'm quite lazy on training although I have quite recently amended something on this so that I have players training with double intensity if their fitness bar is full, which has had in my opinion tangible results

I think my general rule is I like to micromanage things maybe for the first month or so and just gradually ease off as things are how I like them.

Bought this last night but not started a game yet. I think I'm going to take over Berliner Dynamo.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Tommy said:

Does anyone else feel like this game is too easy?

I have done for years. I found 23 a little harder but 21 and 22 were a piece of piss I think. Too early to say on this one so far.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Yea, I mean... 😬 

Unbenannt.png

In fairness though, you are managing a good side at that level, for some context below they're doing even better on mine.

image.thumb.png.e88021bac15e22ff01644daf30d11c5f.png

It's mad how bad Elversberg are doing on mine compared to yours - that's a bit of a problem I've noticed at times, 3 points from 20 games FFS.

If you're pushing say European places next season I will concede it looks a bit too easy.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

My first save on FM24 is Vitoria de Setubal of Portugal.

image.thumb.png.c060d78ffa66c3e78dbb40d3adf21737.png

Fancied a lower league job in a tricky system. If you remember my Andorra save on FM20 I found the lower leagues a struggle, but seriously satisfying to come through once all was said and done. I wanted a similar experience - a battle through a tricky system, and this took me back to Iberia where they seem to enjoy putting the lower league sides in prison, never to get out.

I was scouring the fourth tier of Portugal and found a name I recognised. Vitoria were in the top tier just three years ago but ran into financial difficulties that saw them relegated straight to the fourth tier in 2020. They were promoted in the midst of a reorganisation in 2020/21, going unbeaten, but floundered in the third tier and remarkably last season dropped back into the fourth tier.

The structure of this system is there are four leagues of 14 teams each at this level, so 56 teams in total. In each league (or prio), the top two teams over the 26 game round robin will go into one of two groups of four teams. There will then be essentially a group stage, with the top two in each group gaining promotion, with a play-off final as well for the two group winners to decide the overall champion. So in short, 4 teams out of the 56 are promoted. It's tough. The margin for error is very small.

Luckily though we are very much one of the big hitters and I think even despite the small margin for error, we have a strong chance of getting promoted. Our wage bill is ranked 4th out of 56 (Vitoria Guimaraes B and Maritimo B two of the sides above us too), plus having looked around the overall level of our squad is a bit higher. Our star players are called Zequinha and Heliardo. Zequinha is very much an icon of the club, starting his career at Vitoria in 2002 before moving to Porto. He moved to Greece but returned to his home team in 2013 for three years, before then coming back again in 2018 and commendably sticking with the club despite the three league demotion, so he should in theory be far too good for this level and therefore has to be a pretty pivotal part of the side - even if he is in his twilight years aged 36. Heliardo is a Brazilian striker who again, for me, just wouldn't look out of place two leagues up. The key for me is building a system to get those two involved, I think we will simply overpower teams. The players contracts are pretty much all up in a year so this is very much going to be a wheeling and dealing save, my traditionally very busy second summer will see probably as many as twenty new players I'd imagine regardless of division.

I have a five year plan to get into the top tier. I think we will be too good for this league, I then want two years in the third tier, and then should budget allow, two years again in the second tier. It's ambitious but this is a club that have been wronged, they are out of place, they are a three time trophy winner, they have no business in this division. Time to make amends.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

image.thumb.png.2b0ecc49366fec1d6473c5e4e1f2de04.png

The first part of the job is done, we're into the playoffs after winning our league alongside O Elvas. We have been placed into a group alongside them, Camacha (2nd in Prio A) and Uniao de Santarem (2nd in Prio C) so we've got a quite kind draw really being put alongside three sides who came second. Infact if you ranked all 8 teams who have made it, they have the 6th, 7th and 8th best tallies - so it's a really good draw.

We have shown a few signs of wobbling though. We finished terribly. The results below will explain all.

image.thumb.png.81a5e7d395cace64689bbed5aa47a881.png

image.thumb.png.df3a82c65139894e6a0d6235a194badf.png

We were carried early doors by a sensational run of form from loanee midfielder Juan Herrera. The biggest issue for me has been the really mediocre form of the two supposedly key players in Zequinha and Heliardo. Heliardo picked up a bit late on but has been pretty poor most of the season, Zequinha got a bad injury half way through it but wasn't really pulling up many trees beforehand.

We've let in far too many goals for my liking, particularly during the dismal run in March.

But the truth as well is we have been really quite unlucky. We've run cold in front of both goals all season. We are underperforming xG at both ends of the pitch - we apparently should've conceded 7 less, and scored 5 more. I think this tells you the system is working but some of the players are letting it down, at face value at least. I don't really have many long term plans for any of these players though - pretty much anybody can go for me, although I do like my young winger Diogo Sequeira.

image.thumb.png.5a11c40d6f53143be0bc8e53e462e67e.png

We are in my opinion the best team out of the four, but I don't think it's a guarantee at all that we pull this off. The biggest red flag for me is that we lost both games to our local rivals Barreirense and this tells me this is a side that isn't very good at handling a big occasion - although we did give top tier Moreirense a good game in the cup and beat 2nd tier Torreense, so maybe I'm wrong.

50 minutes ago, Dan said:

image.thumb.png.2b0ecc49366fec1d6473c5e4e1f2de04.png

The first part of the job is done, we're into the playoffs after winning our league alongside O Elvas. We have been placed into a group alongside them, Camacha (2nd in Prio A) and Uniao de Santarem (2nd in Prio C) so we've got a quite kind draw really being put alongside three sides who came second. Infact if you ranked all 8 teams who have made it, they have the 6th, 7th and 8th best tallies - so it's a really good draw.

We have shown a few signs of wobbling though. We finished terribly. The results below will explain all.

image.thumb.png.81a5e7d395cace64689bbed5aa47a881.png

image.thumb.png.df3a82c65139894e6a0d6235a194badf.png

We were carried early doors by a sensational run of form from loanee midfielder Juan Herrera. The biggest issue for me has been the really mediocre form of the two supposedly key players in Zequinha and Heliardo. Heliardo picked up a bit late on but has been pretty poor most of the season, Zequinha got a bad injury half way through it but wasn't really pulling up many trees beforehand.

We've let in far too many goals for my liking, particularly during the dismal run in March.

But the truth as well is we have been really quite unlucky. We've run cold in front of both goals all season. We are underperforming xG at both ends of the pitch - we apparently should've conceded 7 less, and scored 5 more. I think this tells you the system is working but some of the players are letting it down, at face value at least. I don't really have many long term plans for any of these players though - pretty much anybody can go for me, although I do like my young winger Diogo Sequeira.

image.thumb.png.5a11c40d6f53143be0bc8e53e462e67e.png

We are in my opinion the best team out of the four, but I don't think it's a guarantee at all that we pull this off. The biggest red flag for me is that we lost both games to our local rivals Barreirense and this tells me this is a side that isn't very good at handling a big occasion - although we did give top tier Moreirense a good game in the cup and beat 2nd tier Torreense, so maybe I'm wrong.

get on steam u fuck