talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Oxlade-Chamberlain Completes Liverpool Move

I don't understand, what is he good at exactly? What is his main strength? That he's fit? My neighbor down the street runs 5 miles everyday, yet no one wants to splash 40 million on him?

Just bizarre how he is 23 now and yet no one knows, himself included, what his position is. He can't cross, he isn't a deadly finisher, he he can't split defences open. I mean for 40 million, you would want some indication on what he is. 

This is why the only place that would make sense is at RWB. Moses was a similar case, and yet he is striving at that role. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I don't understand, what is he good at exactly? What is his main strength? That he's fit? My neighbor down the street runs 5 miles everyday, yet no one wants to splash 40 million on him?

Just bizarre how he is 23 now and yet no one knows, himself included, what his position is. He can't cross, he isn't a deadly finisher, he he can't split defences open. I mean for 40 million, you would want some indication on what he is. 

This is why the only place that would make sense is at RWB. Moses was a similar case, and yet he is striving at that role. 

He has played his best football in the last 6 months as a right wing back. Once Klopp gets fed up with him trying to be a centre midfielder, he will be played at right back again. 

3 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

He has played his best football in the last 6 months as a right wing back. Once Klopp gets fed up with him trying to be a centre midfielder, he will be played at right back again. 

Klopp has done a great job with Firmino, Can, Lallana, Coutinho and Mane etc. 

Give him time. 

14 hours ago, Mel81x said:

What I am eluding to is that hes getting more game-time than I had originally stated. I think he's still no there and shouldn't have been even getting on that much but now that we're out of one cup its going to be very hard to not play him. 

Now that we have fewer games to play it's going to be hard not to play a fringe squad player? I don't follow

13 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Klopp has done a great job with Firmino, Can, Lallana, Coutinho and Mane etc. 

Give him time. 

They were all players that had already shown why they were rated highly. Ox gas done nothing of note so far in his career. The move was a risk, and has a very serious chance of not working out for us. 

36 minutes ago, FOYM said:

They were all players that had already shown why they were rated highly. Ox gas done nothing of note so far in his career. The move was a risk, and has a very serious chance of not working out for us. 

I wouldn't say Ox has done nothing! He's played at the highest level (Internationaly and at club level -CL) since his teens, he's won stuff, he got offered £180k a week to stay at Arsenal and was offered a contract by the current Champions. None of that can be said about the players I listed.

It's a low risk transfer though in all honesty. He's young and a England international so if things don't work out I'm fairly confident we'll recoup most, if not all, of the £35m we paid for him. 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived