talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 15 - 5-7th December, 2023

football forum

52 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Can't wait to listen to football journalists praise Postecoglu again for failing to win.

When he was at Celtic they always conceded one or two goals in the second half because they put all their efforts into the first half. But it didn't matter because they were already 4-0 up.

They'll continue losing games like this with only a 1-0 goal lead.

Injuries have hit Spurs hard, but let’s not forget two of their dickhead players got themselves suspended. Other teams have had their own share of injuries as well and have done better.

I can’t stand Newcastle, but they have to settle for Almiron as their starting right winger, a 17 year old kid in midfield with fucking Lascelles in the defence. All while having to play in the Champions league. Spurs are playing one game a week and can’t buy a win. 

It was one of those games of football that felt like I had stepped into the twilight zone.   After 70 odd minutes it only looked like one winner, we were opening up chances at will and our front three decided they were going to do everything possible to miss,  no big deal it looked in our hands.   Pickford then goes down and there is a lengthy break a ball gets hoofed long to nobody,   played out to trippier,  no big deal,  its under control.   Trippier then decides he is going to have his worst 25 minutes of his career.

After going behind we had a chance to level but Almiron somehow managed to miss his 3rd sitter of the night,  probably the reason why we are heavily linked to RWers in January as he can't start games.    Once Trippier does the repeat,  the players pretty much were down as teh least expected player messed up.

All things considered, it is our 4th poor away game on the spin and in all 4 Trippier was either poor or looked gassed leading me to think we need a quality LB to allow Livramento to take game time off Trippier who cannot handle 3 games a week.   As for the rest,  I question Almiron's mental fragility and confidence,  he is a squad player that is suited to rotation and subs roles,  he was so wasteful with 3 big misses and he also messed up one of the simplest passes where we broke,  Bruno and Miley won the ball turned everton around,  it was 3 on 2,  isak was open and free,  miggy fucked the pass.   Isak had an odd night where sometimes he pulled the ball down with that amazing skill,  other times he had a foot made of concrete.   He should have scored at least 1 of his 3 chances.    Gordon played well but definitely should have picked a corner on that one play where Isak turned the Everton defence played him through,  to either corner it was a dream goal.

Another away day where we have managed to beat ourselves,  move onto the next.   Normally a spurs game will be freakish to play but we have two tired teams coming together.  We have Milan on Wednesday so does how go with Tino and Hall at full back and rest Trippier or do we go same same.   At this point I dont even know the point of Hall if Ritchie keeps playing instead.  

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
5 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

It was one of those games of football that felt like I had stepped into the twilight zone.   After 70 odd minutes it only looked like one winner, we were opening up chances at will and our front three decided they were going to do everything possible to miss,  no big deal it looked in our hands.   Pickford then goes down and there is a lengthy break a ball gets hoofed long to nobody,   played out to trippier,  no big deal,  its under control.   Trippier then decides he is going to have his worst 25 minutes of his career.

Not that it makes any difference but I think there's no shortage of selective analysis here. "Opening up chances at will" is nonsense I'm afraid. Gordon had one chance after Tarkowski sliced a clearance and that other chance on the break that you mentioned, but I can't remember Pickford really having to make a difficult save in the whole game.

Calvert-Lewin missed a huge opportunity in the first half and had a series of other half-chances while Newcastle created basically nothing else the entire game. 3-0 was flattering but it wasn't just from the last 15 minutes that Everton dominated the xG, had more shots, more shots on target, etc. 

We were good value for the win. A draw would have been fair but also a bit of a let-off for Newcastle given the chances we created in the first half. If you'd won it late in the game then I'd describe it as a bit of a smash and grab.

I know it's controversial for many fans because they love their clubs dearly.  But it's all about expectations and I seriously don't know where any argument or fury may be coming from Spurs fans...  Newcastle Utd are slightly different because they've been a bit up and down and that's to be expected considering the oil injected project...  Man City took time, there's will too.  But Tottenham Hotspur?  I've never understood those expectations.

It's all about that...  We all understand Man Utd fans being consistently upset over the past decade, they expect justifiably so.  But Spurs?  Why!

2-1 loss to Brighton in the end, not the worst loss but we never really looked like winning. Mbeumo rolled his ankle so we’ll see how that plays out. We are really down to the bare bones and are still competing with the better teams in the league. It’s a testament to the players, recruitment and Thomas Frank and co.

The below team could compete with any team in the league and that’s our injury/suspension list this season:

Schade/KLP - Toney - Mbeumo

Damsgaard - Norgaard - Jensen/Dasilva

Henry - Mee - Collins - Hickey

Flekken

Edited by Danny