talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 19 - 26th-28th December

football forum

• Subscriber

Arsenal just aren't up to it are they? They have a great knack of winning 90% of these games but they just make hard work of too many of them. Their attack isn't clinical enough, they're too one-dimensional, Jesus isn't a title winning main striker, their other attackers don't score anything like enough goals and the likes of Nketiah, Smith-Rowe and Nelson frankly aren't even top half Premier League options from the bench.

I want to be wrong because nobody should want to see City winning the league and Liverpool aren't an appealing alternative from my perspective for obvious reasons.

It seems like Arsenal have leant into the old cliche of "defence wins titles" and totally wrecked their style of play in the belief that its more sustainable to constantly grind out results than to blow teams away.

But I don't think that's how you win the league these days.

18 minutes ago, Inverted said:

It seems like Arsenal have leant into the old cliche of "defence wins titles" and totally wrecked their style of play in the belief that its more sustainable to constantly grind out results than to blow teams away.

But I don't think that's how you win the league these days.

Has felt like that this season. Remember the United game, everyone was wanking them off after that result but the reality was that the game was a 0-0 all over in terms of performance.

You could tell early on that Arteta felt hurt from last season through the goals they conceded against Bournemouth etc, seems like hes over corrected and not freshened the attack up as much.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, MUFC said:

I might be in the minority. Am I the only one who doesn't rate Saka as highly as the majority of people do?

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I think he's a good player. Him and Martinelli clearly not scoring enough though

Yeah this. They seem to have lost their spark. I do rate Saka though. Some of his wing play and goals can be quality. 

• Upvote 1

• The topic was unpinned