talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 21 - 12-22nd January, 2024

Im still deflated. It shouldnt have come to this. We haven't replaced Van Aanholt, Gallagher, Zaha or Benteke. We knew after the Brentford game we wouldn't have Doucoure, Ayew and Olise. Yet three weeks later we haven't done anything in the transfer market. We went to Arsenal for a battle with canons against pistol and water guns.

I feel so sorry for Roy. Id still like to see what he could do whilst being backed by competency and efficency in the transfer market but id be surprised if hes in charge of the Sheffield United game after seeing his post-match comments. Not picking Ahamada, Franca, Ebiowei etc are not the reason we're losing, infact bringing them on like the Twitter brigade have demanded for weeks made us worse yesterday. The biggest problems are our players are stretched, our squad is so imbalanced and nothing is going right at any level of the club. Good look to anybody who takes over this club in its current state. There's too much flux in this club and it will go nowhere until the ownership situation is sorted. Which is something I said when Vieira was sacked.

Getting slapped like this has to be the wake up call. Steve is very reactive to the club and his image. That exposure on TV when nothing else was on has made the world realise the situation were in. We need six new players, I'd he happy with three but two are a necessity.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Social media today is awash with Forest fans obsessively calling Toney a cheat (pot, meet kettle), football fans not understanding why the football world is showing kindness to a man who has just served a long-term ban due to a gambling addiction and fan accounts linking Toney to a move away.

Welcome back Ivan Toney.

I mean the way he scored… was cheating 

20 minutes ago, Dan said:

Always the victims.

I get that if he doesn’t move it he probably doesn’t score.

But writing to the head of the refs? What next? Throw-in taken 5 yards further up the field? Call Howard Webb. You can't be writing to them over minor indiscretions regardless of the outcome.

38 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

MacAllister can play DM. But he seems totally wasted there. Can't help but feel he would be making lots more of the more advanced opportunities to create chances. He's by far Liverpool's best passer.

Right now he’s the best option we have for the very important role who’s fit and not playing for their country right now.

I agree with you (although when fit and on the pitch I think Trent or Thiago might be better passers) - but there’s a reason he’s playing there now. And earlier in the season when Endo wasn’t looking as good as he was since late November, he was similarly the best healthy option.

18 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

But writing to the head of the refs? What next? Throw-in taken 5 yards further up the field? Call Howard Webb. You can't be writing to them over minor indiscretions regardless of the outcome.

I think clubs are writing to them to establish an easy to track paper trail - to me it looks like Forest is trying to build a case for a lawsuit if they go down.

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

One step away from asking to replay the game. 

• Administrator

Big win for Liverpool, this, given Bournemouth's recent form and missing Salah. 

With the title race as close as it is, 5 point lead is big. I know Man City have a game in hand but you still have to get the points to put the pressure back on them.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Based on that still photo, looks like it. 

I’ve seen so many red cards this season for that type of foul where in the motion in real time I’m not sure if it’s a red. But VAR has seemed to give it just for that still.

This one I thought looked like a red in real time. Looks like a red in the still. Yet checked and cleared by VAR.

I’ll never understand the application of VAR at this rate. Who’s the VAR ref? Or does it no longer matter because they’re all bad?

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’ve seen so many red cards this season for that type of foul where in the motion in real time I’m not sure if it’s a red. But VAR has seemed to give it just for that still.

This one I thought looked like a red in real time. Looks like a red in the still. Yet checked and cleared by VAR.

I’ll never understand the application of VAR at this rate. Who’s the VAR ref? Or does it no longer matter because they’re all bad?

I'll give you one guess

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is it the “good process” guy? Or Tierney?

Tierney.

Regarding the possible red. I personally don't think it should be but we've seen plenty of those sort of challenges result in a red card this season

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Tierney.

Regarding the possible red. I personally don't think it should be but we've seen plenty of those sort of challenges result in a red card this season

And you just know there'll be a similar challenge next round of games which is given as a red. 

• Upvote 1

• The topic was unpinned