talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 21 - 12-22nd January, 2024

Impressive win that after a hard fought first half which I expected it to be. Didn't really give them much of a sniff at goal. We should have had two penalties too which could have made it even more impressive

• Upvote 1

'Just a shit Andy Carroll'...

Darwin Nunez with 10 goals and 10 assists is the first player to reach double figures for both goals and assists in all competitions for Premier League clubs this season.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Apparently some of the 'Champions of Europe' xDxD fans on social media were questioning whther Moyes should be sacked after the 2-2 draw. Bit laughable really.

seriously!?

They're still in Europe, have a decent shot at Europa League next season as they're 6th in he table.

What more are they wanting right now?

• Subscriber

Good game of football last night. Jota has stepped up to ensure we're getting chances created and it was nice to see Nunez get some goals as he works tirelessly up front and even if he doesn't get goals himself hes always looking to create chances which is what you want at the end of the day. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

seriously!?

They're still in Europe, have a decent shot at Europa League next season as they're 6th in he table.

What more are they wanting right now?

To play 'West Ham way'. Whatever the fuck that is

On 21/01/2024 at 10:16, LFCMike said:

Tierney.

Regarding the possible red. I personally don't think it should be but we've seen plenty of those sort of challenges result in a red card this season

I honestly can't think of a worse ref than Tierney. Whether he's massively biased or just seriously incompetent, it doesn't matter - he's got no business being a top flight official. The "good process guy" (Hooper?) I think is just emblematic of the state of officiating in the country and a part of the problem of PMGOL being this old boys club that can't hold itself accountable while simultaneously seeming to take issue with any legitimate criticism that's leveled at them.

But I think it's a joke, that for half the season they seemed to be saying "alright well even if this type of challenge has no bad intent, we're giving it as a red" only for them to now be arbitrarily saying that challenge wasn't dangerous. And like @Stan says, it's basically nailed on that next week or in a week or two, they'll give a red for the same exact type of challenge.

5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

To play 'West Ham way'. Whatever the fuck that is

Honestly makes me wonder how many West Ham fans were like that weirdo Rio-Choker, acting like West Ham were the biggest club in England and all that.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Honestly makes me wonder how many West Ham fans were like that weirdo Rio-Choker, acting like West Ham were the biggest club in England and all that.

West Ham won a World Cup, you know

On 22/01/2024 at 18:34, Dr. Gonzo said:

Christ, that's a blast from the past. Wonder how a conversation between him and Happy Blue would go.

• Haha 1

On 23/01/2024 at 11:06, The Palace Fan said:

Rio-Choker was brilliant. People legitimately hated him for ages and then started appreciating the creativity.

Sometimes you don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone

• The topic was unpinned