talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 21 - 12-22nd January, 2024

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This has been a terrible watch. Just waiting now for VAR to intervene to manufacture a talking point.

Nothing happened even for VAR xD

• Subscriber

They're talking in the studio about a Villa penalty claim. To be fair Mykolenko does clip the player and he probably gets a penalty if he goes down but because the actual touch is so innocuous it wasn't even noticeable. Yet more proof that diving isn't considered cheating anymore but is actually actively encouraged by the way games are officiated. 

Yes, a horrible match to watch. A few almost moments. But mostly just a poor quality & bad tempered jostling match. 

For Villa, I do feel confused by the overload of Bailey & Diaby on the same right side. If we start both, I'm not quite sure what any genuine tactical reason would be that 1 can not play off the left & look to put balls in for Watkins, the other & supporting midfielders.

Expecting tonights team to look something like the below, I'll be surprised if we play a back 3 against Forest. Not sure how we manage Pinnock, Collins and Mee. Collins starts everytime, so does Pinnock, but so did Mee last season. A good selection headache to have.

Lewis-Potter - Toney - Dasilva

Damsgaard - Janelt - Jensen

Reguillon - Pinnock - Collins - Ajer

Flekken

Arsenal been in complete control, good goals from corners but you've got to question how bad Palace have been. Arsenal have barely tried to win this game and they're 3-0 up.

Gotta say Arsenal's problems in open play still look a problem even with them pushing on now 3-0 up with Trossard's goal. But defensively they've been solid which they haven't been the last couple months.

Arsenal's two best chances in open play (one being the goal) have come from David Raya.

Edited by Danny

That could be that for Woy.

Feel for him as you have to question just how well he's been supported but you have to be realistic about the prospects going forward.

If the trigger is pulled, I hope he get's a good send off, he was brilliant in rescuing them last season and he's one of the nice guys.

The frustrations shouldn't ever be directed venomously at him.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I feel sorry for Roy. He's been dealt a very poor hand by Harris, Blitzer, Textor and Parish who deserve a lot more criticism. However this surely can't be allowed to continue. If we don't beat Sheffield United where is our next win coming from.

End of Feb vs Burnley? 

Standard 1-1 draw against Brighton after the Blades game. 

21 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I feel sorry for Roy. He's been dealt a very poor hand by Harris, Blitzer, Textor and Parish who deserve a lot more criticism. However this surely can't be allowed to continue. If we don't beat Sheffield United where is our next win coming from.

You didn’t even try to win the game today, he has to go and with that some serious changes at board level in the Summer.

11 minutes ago, Danny said:

You didn’t even try to win the game today, he has to go and with that some serious changes at board level in the Summer.

To make matters worse, he made changes midweek to prepare for this game.

The board situation is a bit murky. Parish's biggest challenge is to find new owners that are happy to keep him as Chairman.

We look too lethargic and I think the system is unbalanced. Half a second too slow, passes a yard too wide of the intended target.

KLP at wing-back having no impact, Roerslev at RWB not good enough going forward. Toney and KLP nearly connected there but otherwise KLP has been quiet. I think we need to introduce Reguillon and get KLP in more attacking positions.

A well deserved win but a scrappy performance. Toney was phenomenal, you forget just how good a forward he is, his playmaking is up there with the best in the league as far as a centre forward is concerned.

Maupay’s goal was a thing of beauty, his confidence had clearly taken a knock so hopefully that can set him off onto a good path moving forward.

It will he good to get Ajer and Dasilva back in the starting eleven consistently, Ajer is such a strong defensive presence and Dasilva’s dribbiling and passing in tight spaces is what can lift us from a decent team to a really good one.

Pinnock, Mee and Collins took time click, especially the first 20-30 minutes but they got there by the end. Just a matter of keeping everyone fit now and if we do I think we could put together a good run towards the end of the season.

With that said re: fitness, we still have Mbeumo and Schade to come back, plus Wissa from Afcon. Honestly just getting 2 of them back soon will be a massive boost.

Social media today is awash with Forest fans obsessively calling Toney a cheat (pot, meet kettle), football fans not understanding why the football world is showing kindness to a man who has just served a long-term ban due to a gambling addiction and fan accounts linking Toney to a move away.

Welcome back Ivan Toney.

• The topic was unpinned