talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 24 - 10-12th February, 2024

• Administrator

1200px-Premier_League_Logo.svg.png

all kick-offs GMT

Saturday 10th February, 2024
Man City vs Everton, 12.30 (live on TNT)

Fulham vs Bournemouth
Liverpool vs Burnley
Luton vs Sheff Utd
Tottenham vs Brighton
Wolves vs Brentford

Nottm Forest vs Newcaste, 17.30 (live on Sky)

Sunday 11th February, 2024
West Ham vs Arsenal, 14.00 (live on Sky)

Aston Villa vs Man Utd, 16.30 (live on Sky)

Monday 12th February, 2024
Crystal Palace vs Chelsea, 20.00 (live on Sky)

image.png

If we concede early it could be carnage.

It wont happen but it would be nice to hear from Steve Parish to offer some form of clarity on any of the issues with the fish rotting at the head to lower some of the toxicity within the fan base. Why have we reached out to the Raine Group? What's going on with the new stand? Why have we gone two transfer windows and not replaced arguably our greatest ever player? What is it that Harris and Blitzer actually do? Has appointing Frank de Boer haunted him that much hes too scared to make a managerial decision? Would he be willing to remove his almighty voting rights to assist with a sale? Even if he addressed just one of these issues it may alleviate some of the anger we're going to see on Monday. On Twitter they're trying to arrange a booing demonstration from the 1st minute ffs.

• Subscriber

Anything here is a bonus. Even a respectable performance in defeat coupled with the Spurs fightback would generate a sense of momentum as we head into a couple of more winnable fixtures.

This week's inquest on Newcastle supporter sites has been Eddie Howe and his loyalty to Burn which after his last interview is starting to piss me off.

Yes we all know Dan Burn has been important and done a good job for the most, but changing him when he is being destroyed for an entire half is not deminishing his value, it is being fucking sensible.

I am shiting myself at the prospect of Dan Burn vs Elanga part deux.  we need the win which sounds like an understatement.

Can't see Nunes seeing the game out at this point, made a good run earlier to get in behind but he's given the ball away a lot.

Doku and Foden running the show otherwise, Doku has been really good but I do think his end product could be a little bit better. Couple moments where I think Grealish either finds the net or finds the assist.

Bernardo Silva, Grealish and De Bruyne all on the bench. Fucking hell.

• Subscriber

Hate these cunts. Everton's starting lineup (and probably the same for most of the bottom half of the league) costs less than some of your substitutes and you've taken 70 minutes to get a shot on target and score from a goalmouth scramble.

Happy with our performance overall but hate watching us play these because they're a walking reminder of everything that has absolutely ruined football.

• Subscriber

Obviously there's a part of heat of the moment exaggerating my opinion but watching us play against these coming into the game in 18th place because we've been smashed with a 10 point penalty for financial breaches despite operating with both hands tied behind our back in the transfer market for the last 2 years, seeing them start players and bring others off the bench who cost more than most of our starting lineup combined, while they've got 115 charges hanging over their head, and everyone acting like all of this is just normal, all just makes you question a tiny bit how anyone takes the Premier League or top level football remotely seriously anymore.

I say this every time we play them as well. Their matches aren't entertaining. Yes you can appreciate the individual quality of their players but the way they play is actually just really boring.

Their fans giving it the olés now after being silent for the first 70 minutes xD.

• Upvote 1

Everton have defended well but have been poor going forward. If you want something from City you have to score against them, you're not keeping a clean-sheet. Calvert-Lewin looks like he's never played with these players before, just been so slow off the ball or mis-placing passes when he has it.

Also, Beto's understanding of the offside rule is non-existent

Edited by Danny

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Obviously there's a part of heat of the moment exaggerating my opinion but watching us play against these coming into the game in 18th place because we've been smashed with a 10 point penalty for financial breaches despite operating with both hands tied behind our back in the transfer market for the last 2 years, seeing them start players and bring others off the bench who cost more than most of our starting lineup combined, while they've got 115 charges hanging over their head, and everyone acting like all of this is just normal, all just makes you question a tiny bit how anyone takes the Premier League or top level football remotely seriously anymore.

I say this every time we play them as well. Their matches aren't entertaining. Yes you can appreciate the individual quality of their players but the way they play is actually just really boring.

Their fans giving it the olés now after being silent for the first 70 minutes xD.

It’s a complete farce, and I always question any neutral who says they like them. 

You’re right about their games being boring as well. Technically good, but shit to watch. 

Personally I really like their style. Obviously they were slow today and the game was a bit shit, but Pep's football is arguably the best to watch for me. Always has been, just on a different level to everything else.

• Subscriber

The main thing is we didn't get battered or play shite. Nothing was expected here. Winless in 7 sounds bad but that includes Spurs twice, City twice, Villa at home and two other away games.

We've got 8 of our 10 games out of the way against the best five teams in the league. We need to make our upturn in fixtures count. Then it's over to the farce of whether we get relegated or not being decided by the "independent" commissions overseeing our appeal and second charge as they settle on a punishment for offences with no precedent or sanctions policy written down anywhere.

Villa vs Man United looking important to both. If Villa repeat the last 2 showings, United could easily be down to just 5 points behind, heading into the final 14 league matches. With Spurs in 4th.

If Villa get the win, it's back to 11 clear of Man United & edging back into 4th.

For me, this Villa side has missed Pau Torres. He has dictated matches like some sides 6. He could play for any side anywhere. He'll be the next 1 rumoured for a transfer. They will miss Konsa too. Carlos & Lenglet ok, but do seem a level below & have been thrown together out of necessity. While Kamara has been poor recently. Yet, McGinn & Tielemans are needed elsewhere, or not really their best position either. Probably both.

Sort of embarrassing for either loser. And perhaps a crucial win to either.

• The topic was unpinned