talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Qualifiers (CONMEBOL) October 5th and October 10th

football forum

As simple as Argentina have no midfield. It isn’t even average... It’s damned right poor. You can’t do anything whatsoever with a midfield like that unless you put 11 men behind the ball and hope for the best. Argentina won’t play like that because the fans would rather not go to the World Cup in that fashion.  

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly Argentina are nearly eliminated for me. If Peru doesn't go then Paraguay will. Argentina have to win in Ecuador playing awful football 2800 meters above sea level with their weakness in Antonio Valencia.

12 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO SCORE IF RODRIGUEZ AND ARAUJO ARE THE CB'S WITH GALLESE IN NET?

Fixed that for you.

You fixed nothing. There so many questions that need to be answered about AFA. first of all explain me why Higuain wasn't in the squad last night. other than Gonzalo missing, It was extremely outrageous to see Icardi and Dybala (the best two players in Serie A) staying on the bench and other crappy players players like Gago and Benedetto on the pitch doing nothing. Did the manager use them because they would feel like home inside La Bombonera? In that case fuck Boca Juniors, fuck Gago, fuck Benedetto and fuck the manager who decided to use them. 

Bersk I need some explanations and I think you're the only one who can make clear what is going on. Show up.

5 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

You fixed nothing. There so many questions that need to be answered about AFA. first of all explain me why Higuain wasn't in the squad last night. other than Gonzalo missing, It was extremely outrageous to see Icardi and Dybala (the best two players in Serie A) staying on the bench and other crappy players players like Gago and Benedetto on the pitch doing nothing. Did the manager use them because they would feel like home inside La Bombonera? In that case fuck Boca Juniors, fuck Gago, fuck Benedetto and fuck the manager who decided to use them. 

Bersk I need some explanations and I think you're the only one who can make clear what is going on. Show up.

I was joking. Our defenders were superb while Argentina's forwards were shocking. I feel its because of Boca, which if was the case thats an extremely unprofessional decision from Sampaoli.

27 minutes ago, Blue said:

I was joking. 

I know. Most of the time I'm like that too when I'm browsing the forums EXCEPT when Italy or Argentina are having a bad time, then I'm having a bad time too. (I'm not talking about Inter cause I'm used to have a lot of bad times with Inter the last 7 years) but this is serious, Ι just can't think of a World Cup without Argentina!

I also have to congratulate you for keeping the result. I hadn't noticed you're rooting for Peru. how is that?

7 hours ago, El_Loco said:

Just saw the 2 paraguayan goals, man, Ospina was terrible. Failed in both goals. 

Per @PCarrESPN:  

DLa2GeMXkAAgdsO.jpg

What do you think Ricardinho?

What do you really think is going to happen.  For me, Argentina not being in the World Cup is the same as Brazil not being in it...  It's a horrible thought and actually takes away a lot of what the tournament is about.

img_dsorolla_20171006-105231_imagenes_md

The Brazilian players after playing in La Paz against Bolivia at 3,600 metres above sea level.  Obviously that's where Bolivia play and have traditionally played, but it really does take away equilibrium from what actually is fair competition.

Chile and Peru will fall out with Argentina and Paraguay taking their places in my opinion.

Argentina to beat Ecuador, Paraguay to beat Venezuela, Uruguay to beat Bolivia, Peru & Colombia to draw or Colombia to win, Brazil to beat Chile.

5 hours ago, Dalmore said:

I know. Most of the time I'm like that too when I'm browsing the forums EXCEPT when Italy or Argentina are having a bad time, then I'm having a bad time too. (I'm not talking about Inter cause I'm used to have a lot of bad times with Inter the last 7 years) but this is serious, Ι just can't think of a World Cup without Argentina!

I also have to congratulate you for keeping the result. I hadn't noticed you're rooting for Peru. how is that?

Thanks, I cheer for Peru as I was born in Lima and live here currently. I changed my flag to New Zealand a few months back as a bit of a joke and always forget to change it back xD

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

What do you really think is going to happen.  For me, Argentina not being in the World Cup is the same as Brazil not being in it...  It's a horrible thought and actually takes away a lot of what the tournament is about.

Brazil missing the world cup is a lot worse for me as they've always been consistent in qualifying. Argentina have missed it once and have nearly missed it several times. 

I'm not in any way saying we are a bigger football nation than Argentina but its seriously time the South American giants that are Peru finally return to the world cup.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Brazil missing the world cup is a lot worse for me as they've always been consistent in qualifying. Argentina have missed it once and have nearly missed it several times. 

I'm not in any way saying we are a bigger football nation than Argentina but its seriously time the South American giants that are Peru finally return to the world cup.

Obviously Brazil are Brazil...  Nobody compares to Brazil where the World Cup is in question.  But the World Cup is also made up of many other legendary names and Argentina is one of those...  Their absence would be detrimental to the marketing of the World Cup in Russia, not only because of the name Argentina, but because the best player on the planet wouldn't be there also.

I'm not taking anything away from Perú because they're there on merit if they finally qualify.  Everyone gets the same amount of games for qualification and everyone in the CONMEBOL system plays everyone.  What I'm saying is that it's sad that they may not qualify!

I hope they do and I know I'm not alone...  Especially the sponsors! 

90 minutos de Fox

"Argentina haven't beat anyone! They didn't beat Ecuador, they didn't beat Paraguay, they didn't beat Venezuela, they didn't beat Peru"

"Banega had his last chance, that's it, Banega doesn't work."

All bias aside, Argentina don't deserve to go to Russia. Neither do Uruguay for that matter but the latter at least took care of business at home.

Brazil

Peru

Paraguay

Chile

Those 4 definitely deserve to go to the world cup.

5th is a tough one but I honestly think if its one of Colombia, Argentina or Uruguay (impossible) we're better off seeing New Zealand in Russia next year.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Obviously Brazil are Brazil...  Nobody compares to Brazil where the World Cup is in question.  But the World Cup is also made up of many other legendary names and Argentina is one of those...  Their absence would be detrimental to the marketing of the World Cup in Russia, not only because of the name Argentina, but because the best player on the planet wouldn't be there also.

I'm not taking anything away from Perú because they're there on merit if they finally qualify.  Everyone gets the same amount of games for qualification and everyone in the CONMEBOL system plays everyone.  What I'm saying is that it's sad that they may not qualify!

I hope they do and I know I'm not alone...  Especially the sponsors! 

Argentina absolutely do not deserve to go to the world cup. However, Messi not being there would be awful for not only him but neutrals who choose to watch the world cup. 

I get your point, not having a nation like Argentina will hurt the marketing yeah, doesn't help that the Netherlands are likely not going either.

I think we'll qualify but I'm not overconfident. Colombia are our kryptonite.

For me the team of the tournament

Gallese

Moreira - Rodriguez - Miranda - Trauco

Sanchez - Augusto - Vidal - Neymar

Guerrero - Jesus

Pedro Gallese (Peru - Veracruz)

Jorge Moreira (Paraguay - River Plate)

Alberto Rodriguez (Peru - Universitario)

Miranda (Brazil - Internazionale)

Miguel Trauco (Peru - Flamengo)

Alexis Sanchez (Chile - Arsenal)

Renato Augusto (Brazil - Bejiing Guoan)

Arturo Vidal (Chile - Bayern Munich)

Neymar (Brazil - PSG)

Paolo Guerrero (Peru - Flamengo)

Gabriel Jesus (Brazil - Manchester City)

Subs

Christian Cueva (Peru - Sao Paulo)

Andre Carrillo (Peru - Watford)

Carlos Lampe (Bolivia - Huachipato)

Edison Flores (Peru - Aab Aalborg)

Lionel Messi (Argentina - FC Barcelona)

Angel Romero (Paraguay - Corinthians)

Juan Cuadrado (Colombia - Juventus)

Diego Godin (Uruguay - Atletico Madrid)

8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I have mixed feelings, Baloncito. At the same time it´d be hilarious to make fun of the argies for not qualifying, a World Cup without Argentina is just not the same, especially to us brazilians. The build-up, the rivalry, it´s way more intense with them, we make each other better. 

Many will suggest that Brazil will throw away the game to Chile, but this is simply not true. Anyone who knows a bit about brazilian football knows that this attitude would infuriate Tite, Brazil will play to win and probably will win. 

The real problem for Argentina is that I´m not sure if they can get a win in Equador. I mean, they just can´t put the ball in the net! 

On the other hand, I really like Paraguay´s chances to beat Venezuela. And who would´ve thought the paraguayans would finish at least 5th? 

But the most interesting match of Tuesday will be Peru vs Colombia. I think Peru wins it. The home factor is huge in South America, plus the peruvians players are much more motivated. Colombia, on the other hand, there´s something wrong in that team. Have you seen the 2nd Paraguay goal? At least 5 players stood in the attack and didn´t return to defend, all of them blaming each other after a wasted chance, it was absolutely ridiculous.  

13 hours ago, El_Loco said:

I have mixed feelings, Baloncito. At the same time it´d be hilarious to make fun of the argies for not qualifying, a World Cup without Argentina is just not the same, especially to us brazilians. The build-up, the rivalry, it´s way more intense with them, we make each other better. 

Many will suggest that Brazil will throw away the game to Chile, but this is simply not true. Anyone who knows a bit about brazilian football knows that this attitude would infuriate Tite, Brazil will play to win and probably will win. 

The real problem for Argentina is that I´m not sure if they can get a win in Equador. I mean, they just can´t put the ball in the net! 

On the other hand, I really like Paraguay´s chances to beat Venezuela. And who would´ve thought the paraguayans would finish at least 5th? 

But the most interesting match of Tuesday will be Peru vs Colombia. I think Peru wins it. The home factor is huge in South America, plus the peruvians players are much more motivated. Colombia, on the other hand, there´s something wrong in that team. Have you seen the 2nd Paraguay goal? At least 5 players stood in the attack and didn´t return to defend, all of them blaming each other after a wasted chance, it was absolutely ridiculous.  

Obviously within a rivalry there's always the banter and everything that goes along with it.  Having Argentina not qualify, would for you guys offer I'm sure, new versus of a few songs in the terraces of the football stadia in Russia. xD

But for football it's not so great that a name like Argentina and some of the players they have don't qualify for the competition.  It's actually not good for Latin American football as a whole and I would say that the CONMEBOL won't actually be smiling all that much if it occurs.  That's why I would be very suspicious of the final qualification games in my view (a bit of Mourinho-itis is attacking me xD)

the way i see this, Argentina will go to Russia via playing and winning against New Zealand.

they ( messi and co ) should just relax and play their game, during the last game against Peru we can clearly see that they're putting enormous pressure upon themselves.    The will to win has become a hindrance to them, it's just like when you want to sleep and you tell yourself to go to sleep and realized that it's already morning :D:D 

I don't get why people say Argentina have all this attacking quality to be honest as they had literally nothing on the pitch the other night.

They have a decent defence and a quality player in Masch(who was class the other night), but from midfield to attack, Messi is all on his own and is expected to both create and score everything, which is impossible. When a player creates as many chances as he did in that game, they should be winning by atleast a few goals. Sampaoli has also got to be questioned on not taking Higuain, as a lot of his goals have come from Messi assists and the 2 generally combine brilliantly well together(just look at the last qualifiers), Higuain would have scored atleast 2 of those chances easily.

Not being able to convince Sabella to stay in the job was Argentina's biggest fuck up in my opinion. They walked through the last qualifiers under him(and got the absolute best from Messi and Higuain) and then he got them to the world cup final, even though a lot of his attacking players weren't 100% fit. They only lost narrowly to one of the greatest national teams of recent years in Germany and would likely have beaten most other teams. They reached 2 finals in the Copa America after he left, but I believe he would have taken them all the way in atleast one of those. Not to mention, they wouldn't be struggling in these qualifiers right now either.

On 06/10/2017 at 2:31 AM, El_Loco said:

lol Paraguay will probably qualify. They wil, host Venezuela at home.

This is why I regard them as one of the biggest nations in South America, Ricardo. As they always seem to find a way into the world cup.

Sanabria is class by the way. Barcelona need to look at bringing him back in the future, although I believe him staying at Betis for around 2 more years is vital for his progression. If he moves to a bigger club right now it might have a negative impact on him.

2 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I don't get why people say Argentina have all this attacking quality to be honest as they had literally nothing on the pitch the other night.

They have a decent defence and a quality player in Masch(who was class the other night), but from midfield to attack, Messi is all on his own and is expected to both create and score everything, which is impossible. When a player creates as many chances as he did in that game, they should be winning by atleast a few goals. Sampaoli has also got to be questioned on not taking Higuain, as a lot of his goals have come from Messi assists and the 2 generally combine brilliantly well together(just look at the last qualifiers), Higuain would have scored atleast 2 of those chances easily.

Not being able to convince Sabella to stay in the job was Argentina's biggest fuck up in my opinion. They walked through the last qualifiers under him(and got the absolute best from Messi and Higuain) and then he got them to the world cup final, even though a lot of his attacking players weren't 100% fit. They only lost narrowly to one of the greatest national teams of recent years in Germany and would likely have beaten most other teams. They reached 2 finals in the Copa America after he left, but I believe he would have taken them all the way in atleast one of those. Not to mention, they wouldn't be struggling in these qualifiers right now either.

This is why I regard them as one of the biggest nations in South America, Ricardo. As they always seem to find a way into the world cup.

Sanabria is class by the way. Barcelona need to look at bringing him back in the future, although I believe him staying at Betis for around 2 more years is vital for his progression. If he moves to a bigger club right now it might have a negative impact on him.

Can't agree on the Sabella front to be honest. If he stayed he was just asking to be sacked. Look at Pekerman with Colombia, it's hard to replicate how good Colombia were in 2014 and as a result he's just lost that team completely. If they qualify they'll do the square root of fuck all. I see it as the same here. Do you really think Sabella wants to risk his CV by getting sacked and not reach the World Cup final again? He HAD to repeat that for me. That's the AFA for you.

Anyways as for me, I just want Tuesday to come. These are days of genuine suffering for me. 

To be honest if Argentina do qualify(which I don't see happening now as Ecuador, despite having nothing to play for, are no mugs) then Sampaoli does have the players, he just doesn't call the right ones up or start the right ones.Dybala needs bleeding into the side and Higuain should be re-called.

I'm not sure why you'd call up the majority of the players who started the other night? A very average bunch and I even think @Berserker would have been a better option than most of them. Higuain up front with Messi behind him and Dybala on the right(with Di Maria sat on the bench getting splinters in his arse) would make more sense.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived