talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(CL R16) - Porto vs Arsenal - Wednesday 21st February, 2024 (1st Leg)

• The title was changed to (CL R16) - Porto vs Arsenal - Wednesday 21st February, 2024 (1st Leg)

Didn’t watch the whole game but that first half was all Porto, also thought Rice’s yellow was a massive lapse in concentration from him. Loses the ball and then has to go swinging in.

Honestly think Arsenal wont feel that badly though, imagine theyll feel confident in turning over a 1 goal loss at the Emirates.

Had possession but didn't do much with it. Not only did we fail to trouble their keeper but didn't think we troubled their defence that much. Pepe, however old and however much of a prick he is, still reads the game very well.

Porto themselves really didn't have many opportunities either but they definitely had more than us and did better with their plan to attack on the break. When it looked like it was gonna end 0-0, I thought it was an okay result as it could've been worse. Then it did get worse. A shot that didn't belong in this game because it looked like no one knew how to shoot.

Hopefully we're a lot better in the 2nd leg.

• Subscriber

Sort of game that makes me think Arsenal just don't quite have the credentials to go all the way. Porto can be tricky but you frequently saw Liverpool putting this sort of game to bed with ease. I think they eek through this and then fall to someone like Inter.

• Upvote 1

It's a shame the away goals rule has gone. If it was still live, you'd be much more fearful for Arsenal here and thus, the 2nd leg would carry a lot more hype on it.

Edited by Lucas
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

It's a shame the away goals rule has gone. If it was still live, you'd be much more fearful for Arsenal here and thus, the 2nd leg would carry a lot more hype on it.

Glad I am not the only one that appreciated that rule. 

Made the competition all the more prestigious imo. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • 2 weeks later...