talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2024 Prediction League

football forum

• Administrator

Pole Position - Which driver will post the fastest lap in Q3?

Verstappen

Podium - Which drivers will finish the Grand Prix in the top three positions AFTER MAX VERSTAPPEN IS REMOVED FROM THE RESULTS?

1. Sainz

2. Perez

3. Leclerc

Random Driver - Predict the finishing position of this week's random driver, Yuki Tsunoda.

16th

Bonus Question - Which of the "bottom five" teams will get a car into Q3 - RB, Haas, Sauber, Williams, Alpine or None?

HAAS

9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Predictions - Chinese Grand Prix

I'm not touching the Sprint stuff this weekend, partially because I've posted this on Wednesday and Sprint Qualifying will start in less than 2 days (-ish). So your deadline is Saturday qualifying as usual. Bear in mind that that's still early on Saturday due to time-zones!

@RandoEFC @Stan @MUFC @Tommy @nudge @Whiskey @The Palace Fan @Coma @DeadLinesman @OrangeKhrush

VER

Podium - Which drivers will finish the Grand Prix in the top three positions AFTER MAX VERSTAPPEN IS REMOVED FROM THE RESULTS?

1. PER

2. LEC

3. SAI

Random Driver - Predict the finishing position of this week's random driver, Yuki Tsunoda.

P14

Bonus Question - Which of the "bottom five" teams will get a car into Q3 - RB, Haas, Sauber, Williams, Alpine or None?

Cheeky Sauber.

Also, genuine apologies for missing a few rounds. My wife has been pregnant (had a son 12 days ago) so yeah, life.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Verstappen

1. Perez

2. Sainz

3. Leclerc

12th

None

• Subscriber

VER

1. SAI

2. PER

3. LEC

P11

RB

On 17/04/2024 at 10:44, RandoEFC said:

Predictions - Chinese Grand Prix

I'm not touching the Sprint stuff this weekend, partially because I've posted this on Wednesday and Sprint Qualifying will start in less than 2 days (-ish). So your deadline is Saturday qualifying as usual. Bear in mind that that's still early on Saturday due to time-zones!

@RandoEFC @Stan @MUFC @Tommy @nudge @Whiskey @The Palace Fan @Coma @DeadLinesman @OrangeKhrush

Max

1. Perez

2. Charles

3. Sainz

None

• Subscriber

Results - Chinese Grand Prix

1336338198_Screenshot2024-04-22at10_38_32.thumb.png.99613e417022d0ff5c324cef105688c3.png

This week it was @The Palace Fan's turn to go AWOL so no points for him. I know I'm not helping by posting predictions on Wednesday or Thursday, especially with so many of the races so far being overnight for those of us in Europe. I'll endeavour to get back to posting predictions on the Monday of race week.

Onto those that did predict, everyone once again went for a Max Verstappen pole position and bagged 5 points. I think I've seen enough now to change this prediction to a Pole Position without Verstappen. Even if there's chances for other people to beat him on a Saturday, those chances are so slim that there isn't an incentive to take a risk, so for the foreseeable future, we will change the pole position prediction to one excluding him.

Also resolved on Saturday was the bonus question. @Stan and @Tommy both backed Haas to get a car into Q3 and Nico Hulkenberg duly delivered on this again. Kudos to @Whiskey who backed a Q3 appearance for Sauber even before seeing their form in the Sprint Shootout and Sprint Race. Bottas bags him 5 points as well.

Onto the Podium Minus Max, this week's result was Norris, Perez, Leclerc. Hilariously, everyone who predicted this week went for a combination of Perez and the two Ferraris here, so nobody gets any points for Sainz. @Stan and @nudge made the best fist of this, with Perez and Leclerc in the exact correct positions bagging them 10 points. @Coma, @DeadLinesman and @OrangeKhrush take 7 points each for their PER-SAI-LEC combination, while @RandoEFC, @MUFC and @Tommy have to settle for 4 points each.

Finally, Yuki Tsunoda's retirement made it impossible to give any points for this week's random driver prediction. If anyone had put 19th, I'd have given points for that as he was the second car to retire from the race but I'm not giving consolation points for a driver who retired apart from that scenario.

Here's what it does for the table:

1761784035_Screenshot2024-04-22at10_38_40.thumb.png.1c4a4d6c20ca35ae2487a386cda58e20.png

@The Palace Fan shows the cost of a missed week as he drops from 1st to 8th, but in terms of the points differential, still has 19 races left to recover a 12-point deficit to the top spot. @Stan is this week's "Driver of the Day" with an impressive score of 20 that also takes him to the top of the standings with a decent 5-point lead. Single figure returns for @RandoEFC see him lose ground in the standings and @MUFC remains behind his team-mate despite completing one race more - ouch!

In the Constructors' standings, @Whiskey's return to the fray saw Ferrari bag this biggest team points haul we've seen so far this season, and they can begin to eye Mercedes up in the battle to get off the bottom. McLaren's lowest score of the season sees their narrow lead in the standings disappear, while Red Bull leapfrog both them and Aston Martin with a very strong score of 29 points this weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2