talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forums

Never played the game, and have no intention of doing so, but stumbled across this trailer, and holy shit, those graphics look amazing.

Those scenes on the train, if you look at it on a smaller screen, you'd think it's Idris Elba for real. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Got a new gaming laptop so I can better play AAA, I will likely go back to tried nd trusted titles like battlefielf 1.   I will probably go with borderlands 3 fully loaded as it seems to have aged well with more players than ever.

Nice. What one did you get?

I got an Acer gaming laptop in 2021, though it's not hugely powerful as I wasn't looking for something all singing and all dancing. Ironically, I've not actually used it for gaming at all, bar checking one or two games work.

On 20/09/2023 at 20:56, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Nice. What one did you get?

I got an Acer gaming laptop in 2021, though it's not hugely powerful as I wasn't looking for something all singing and all dancing. Ironically, I've not actually used it for gaming at all, bar checking one or two games work.

I got the ASUS TUF with a 6800H and GTX3060, it's a huge upgrade from my 3550U with Vega 7, fallout 4 runs 1080P now from 720P at solid frames and I bought the bundle off steam for BL3 with a lot of perks and DLCs it was different playing Borderlands in its natural state of explosiooooooons.

I upgraded the RAM from 16GB to 32GB and got a 1TB SSD.

I did some benches with the MUX switch, it is actually better to let the system control when the iGPU is used and when the dGPU is used.   in benches having the iGPU take over boosts the CPU power leading to higher scores, obviously in gaming the iGPU turns off.

Edited by OrangeKhrush

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who were gaming in the 80s and 90s. Which of the following did you have or prefer?

Amiga or Atari? Was Amiga for me.

Super NES or Megadrive? Megadrive for me but my brother had  NES so I played both.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, MUFC said:

For those of you who were gaming in the 80s and 90s. Which of the following did you have or prefer?

Super NES or Megadrive? Megadrive for me but my brother had  NES so I played both.

Atari was more accessible so that was it for me.

SNES over Megadrive honestly. Some of the titles that Nintendo did in those years were untouchable. The Megadrive/Genesis had some of its own great stuff and SEGA was truly great in those years but no one was touching Nintendo with what they were putting out. 

2 hours ago, MUFC said:

A bit too young for the first one, but remember the Amiga more than the Atari thanks to the likes of Sensible World of Soccer and Speedball 2 that my brothers had on it.

For the second one, I had a Mega Drive back in the day and loved the Sonic games, Streets of Rage 1 and 2 (more specifically 2), and Micro Machines 2 and 96. I will admit however that the SNES was, games wise at least, the better of the two. 

• 2 weeks later...

Following the UK's approval, Microsoft has now officially bought Activision Blizzard.

https://www.eurogamer.net/microsoft-has-finally-bought-activision-blizzard

In all honesty, I'm not really sure what to make of this really. I know Microsoft said that those games (well, Call of Duty at least) will be multiplatform for the next 10 years or so, but other than that, I'm not too sure what to think.

Only part I'd love to see is Kotick getting fucked off, but he'd still be getting a golden handshake for basically allowing a load of assaults, harassments and other shady shit into the company.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Following the UK's approval, Microsoft has now officially bought Activision Blizzard.

https://www.eurogamer.net/microsoft-has-finally-bought-activision-blizzard

In all honesty, I'm not really sure what to make of this really. I know Microsoft said that those games (well, Call of Duty at least) will be multiplatform for the next 10 years or so, but other than that, I'm not too sure what to think.

Only part I'd love to see is Kotick getting fucked off, but he'd still be getting a golden handshake for basically allowing a load of assaults, harassments and other shady shit into the company.

This made me a little sick and only because of Kotick. When M$ were originally asked what would happen to Kotick when the acquisition went through the answer was something on the lines was "business will go on as usual". What a cunt this guy is and everytime I see his face it makes me want to punch him. 

• Subscriber
On 18/09/2023 at 23:36, Tommy said:

Never played the game, and have no intention of doing so, but stumbled across this trailer, and holy shit, those graphics look amazing.

Those scenes on the train, if you look at it on a smaller screen, you'd think it's Idris Elba for real. 

It looks awesome. Ive heard nothing but good things about this one. I need to play the first one at some point.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Good news, though just find it disgraceful if he gets that huge payout, especially as he'll likely get another CEO job afterwards.

Unfortunately, that's how the CEO gig works, and I think there's more to it than just the payout. He'd probably run Activision/Blizzard into massive legal problems if they tried to do the "right" thing. The stories I have read and heard about from folks working in the industry regarding not just him but the people he worked with when they were wild-westing their time are absolutely disgusting. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Unfortunately, that's how the CEO gig works, and I think there's more to it than just the payout. He'd probably run Activision/Blizzard into massive legal problems if they tried to do the "right" thing. The stories I have read and heard about from folks working in the industry regarding not just him but the people he worked with when they were wild-westing their time are absolutely disgusting. 

I agree unfortunately in that it's how it works for CEO's. Really shouldn't, but that's the state really in that you can literally run a company like a dictator and keep your mates in jobs, but because you've increased the profits, you've done your job. 🤬

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I agree unfortunately in that it's how it works for CEO's. Really shouldn't, but that's the state really in that you can literally run a company like a dictator and keep your mates in jobs, but because you've increased the profits, you've done your job. 🤬

He's also not the only guy that has done horrible things. The rest of the cunts who were with him at the time deserve as much if not more of the heat. There's loads of these cretins around software and I have personally witnessed some of the stupidest things in my time that make you wonder why they even think they can get away with what they are doing.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

He's also not the only guy that has done horrible things. The rest of the cunts who were with him at the time deserve as much if not more of the heat. There's loads of these cretins around software and I have personally witnessed some of the stupidest things in my time that make you wonder why they even think they can get away with what they are doing.

In the late 90s when I was interning at a place (I can't name), I remember two guys who said they'd attend a workshop on infrastructure design because the presenter had a great butt. Not so much a crime except but they then went on to start an email poll about all of it. HR found out and called them into a room, slapped them on the wrist and things just moved on. Fast-forward to 2022 and I attended a developer meet in Mumbai and someone in the room literally sent a message on teams to his mate that he slept with the co-presenter of the event and sent it on the presentation channel vs the singular one before realizing his mistake and deleting it. Let's just say he was gone in 2 weeks. I only mention this because we have come a long way, but some parts of this business will always be toxic, especially for women.

Yeah true. Kotick gets a lot of the flak as he presided over a lot of it, but those who actually did it are as cuntish, if not more.

Says a lot really that you need a movement to basically weed out some of the shite and get treated as a person with some dignity really.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

was playing rust with old gaming friends, we raided a griefing clan compound and trolled them beautifully.   i destroyed their TC and built a new one into their bases honeycomb layer which will cause the base to decay until they find it by destroying their own base or other raiders find it.   

• Subscriber
On 16/11/2023 at 15:58, MUFC said:

Not gonna lie I'd have loved if Capcom had spent some time doing an over-the-soulder RE1 Remake but in all honesty I wish they'd focus on the next big game in the series vs remakes at this point. This had potential to be one of the scarier ones too just because of the enemies involved. 

38 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Not gonna lie I'd have loved if Capcom had spent some time doing an over-the-soulder RE1 Remake but in all honesty I wish they'd focus on the next big game in the series vs remakes at this point. This had potential to be one of the scarier ones too just because of the enemies involved. 

What are your views on remakes? Last Of Us 2 remake is out in Jan 2024 for £10 if you have TLOU 2 you get the remake cheap. People are starting to kick off over remakes, saying gamers are being ripped off and stuff.