talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gaming - General Chat

football forum

5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Starfield is getting great reviews, its a shame Baldur's Gate is as awesome as it is because its been stealing the show.

I've always been Xbox, but moved to PS as I didn't see much improvement in X/S.

Starfield could be the first system seller for me though. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I've always been Xbox, but moved to PS as I didn't see much improvement in X/S.

Starfield could be the first system seller for me though. 

It looks great and im sure it will play great too but since I am going to try it out on PC I can't see myself getting an XBox for this. Sony's time for great releases will come post September imo they've got a good Xmas lineup (albeit mostly multi-platform)

On 28/08/2023 at 00:08, Mel81x said:

Starfield is getting great reviews, its a shame Baldur's Gate is as awesome as it is because its been stealing the show.

Looking forward to playing it tonight (my friend that I do gamesharing with on the xbox paid for the $35 upgrade that lets us play early with our gamepass copy).

The Fallout and Elders Scrolls games are some of my favourites, so seeing a new world (or I guess... seeing several new worlds) that they've created is going to be cool

• Upvote 1

On 01/09/2023 at 17:34, Dr. Gonzo said:

Starfield is fucking fantastic so far.

It's fan fucking tastic mate, game of the year for me B| join the rangers at Akila City, finish the quest line and you get a huge ship for free called the Star Eagle ..i've built a ship that looks like the Razor Crest and i'm just flying around doing bounty missions which you get from the Rangers, banks and shady loan sharks pretending i'm Boba Fett :4_joy: ..i'll get around to the story soon but having way to much fun just messing about lol ..if you want that ship here's a guild https://primagames.com/tips/how-to-get-the-star-eagle-ship-in-starfield

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

It's fan fucking tastic mate, game of the year for me B| join the rangers at Akila City, finish the quest line and you get a huge ship for free called the Star Eagle ..i've built a ship that looks like the Razor Crest and i'm just flying around doing bounty missions which you get from the Rangers, banks and shady loan sharks pretending i'm Boba Fett :4_joy: ..i'll get around to the story soon but having way to much fun just messing about lol ..if you want that ship here's a guild https://primagames.com/tips/how-to-get-the-star-eagle-ship-in-starfield

Yeah I've fucked the story off to play space cowboy with the Freestar Rangers for a bit and it's been fun. I've also done a lot of random exploring because it's Bethesda and cool shit happens when you just go off and do random things. I haven't finished the quest line yet, I take these games pretty slow in my first playthrough. I bought the Longstar ship from the Eidos corporation as well because that was the cheapest ship where I could get a crew of 5 as quickly as possible. Pretty huge upgrade on the Frontier tbh for the combat.

Best game I've played in a while. And honestly, best Bethesda game I've played in a while. And I say this as someone who loves the Elders Scrolls and Fallout games. It does a great job blending what made some of the older games so fucking great with some modern quality of life improvements added in. I've heard some people say Baldurs Gate 3 is game of the year, but I haven't played that... but I have played this and I'd say this is my game of the year as well.

The space travel's got some people upset as it's "not really what they expected" - but if you don't just use the map for fast traveling and get around in space by just taking off from your ship each time and using your scan/grav drive to get around... you get all the random encounters and fun shit that happens out in your ship. I've fought many pirates, spacers, and those Va' Ruul cultists just flying around trying to go from place to place. I've had a number of random encounters (some of them are pretty funny).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I shall begin playing this over the course of this week. From what I have seen its getting mixed reviews but I want to give it a go myself. 

I wouldn't say it's getting mixed reviews mate, 95% positive with a few salty idiots who are bummed it's not on PlayStation and a the few that thought it was a space sim rather than an RPG looter shooter with a little space combat. IGN have always rated down Xbox games, it's sad but if you like fallout, skyrim, COD you will love this. with the mods coming out this game will just keep getting better, it will be a 10 year+ game for me  ..there is a campaign with the PlayStation guys review bombing this game with 1 star ratings, one guy opened 1000 accounts ready to do it when the game drops tomorrow :4_joy: console war guys are just hilarious

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah I've fucked the story off to play space cowboy with the Freestar Rangers for a bit and it's been fun. I've also done a lot of random exploring because it's Bethesda and cool shit happens when you just go off and do random things. I haven't finished the quest line yet, I take these games pretty slow in my first playthrough. I bought the Longstar ship from the Eidos corporation as well because that was the cheapest ship where I could get a crew of 5 as quickly as possible. Pretty huge upgrade on the Frontier tbh for the combat.

Best game I've played in a while. And honestly, best Bethesda game I've played in a while. And I say this as someone who loves the Elders Scrolls and Fallout games. It does a great job blending what made some of the older games so fucking great with some modern quality of life improvements added in. I've heard some people say Baldurs Gate 3 is game of the year, but I haven't played that... but I have played this and I'd say this is my game of the year as well.

The space travel's got some people upset as it's "not really what they expected" - but if you don't just use the map for fast traveling and get around in space by just taking off from your ship each time and using your scan/grav drive to get around... you get all the random encounters and fun shit that happens out in your ship. I've fought many pirates, spacers, and those Va' Ruul cultists just flying around trying to go from place to place. I've had a number of random encounters (some of them are pretty funny).

Best way to play it mate, it's a huge game and so much to explore and take in before rushing the story, all the side quests and 1000 planets is going to take a lot of time, why rush it? ..same here, i loved the fallouts, skyrim etc, Bethesda make the best RPG's  ...with the space travel i think some people are just fast travelling to planets instead of doing what you just said, kind of missing some of the game where they can bored and steal other ships and have other random encounters. i got a ship from doing the mantis side quest and when pirates see it they take off scared :4_joy: ...this games a 9/10 for me B| 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I cant wait to play it as well but unfortunately with my backlog and lack of time it will wait! glad to hear you guys all seem to like it so far.

It's amazing mate, just give it a bit of time at the beginning to get going and find better gear and weapons etc and understand how the space travel works and you should love it. something for you to look forward too, i've got 24hrs in it already and only done 2 main missions :4_joy:

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

I wouldn't say it's getting mixed reviews mate, 95% positive with a few salty idiots who are bummed it's not on PlayStation and a the few that thought it was a space sim rather than an RPG looter shooter with a little space combat. IGN have always rated down Xbox games, it's sad but if you like fallout, skyrim, COD you will love this. with the mods coming out this game will just keep getting better, it will be a 10 year+ game for me  ..there is a campaign with the PlayStation guys review bombing this game with 1 star ratings, one guy opened 1000 accounts ready to do it when the game drops tomorrow :4_joy: console war guys are just hilarious

I'd take anything IGN related with a pinch of salt in all honesty. Useful for general news, but most of the time, reviews are all over the place.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

GOTY ... phew those are some high praise words haha. Still, I'll give it a run. In my personal experience, games like these rarely cut the shop and by games like these I am talking high exploration oriented games.

58 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

GOTY ... phew those are some high praise words haha. Still, I'll give it a run. In my personal experience, games like these rarely cut the shop and by games like these I am talking high exploration oriented games.

I guess it depends what floats your boat mate :4_joy: i've probably not had this much fun with a game since Elden Ring & ghost of tsushima. on the flip side i hated spiderman :what:

• Haha 1

God of War director hails Starfield as top 3 game all time and urges everyone to play it

God of War Director David Jaffe has urged everyone to play Starfield on Game Pass after labeling it as one of his top three games of all time. 

Starfield has received a lot of positivity from the gaming community, with many players and critics alike praising the game’s incredible locations and game-changing New Game Plus mode.

Well, one of Starfield’s biggest fans is none other than God of War director, David Jaffe. 

In fact, the director has been enjoying the game so much that he has stated that Starfield has become one of his top three games of all time, which is very high praise considering Bethesda’s title was only released last week. 

God of War director urges everyone to buy Xbox Game Pass to play Starfield

“I’m console agnostic, y’all KNOW that,” said David. “A great game is a great game. I say this because if you love games as well and don’t have an XBOX, you owe it to yourself to get Game Pass for a month and try out Starfield (even if just using cloud). It is easily one of my top 3 games of all time.”

2 hours ago, nudge said:

:oxD:congrats: most impressive, id love to attempt it but  you would need some crazy in game money to build something that size xD and a class C licence which i don't have right now. best star wars build i've seen so far, bet it takes them ages to walk to the pilot seat xD ..oh, while we are talking star wars i got a new display piece :D

suJhy8l.jpg

eF6cGLN.jpg

Edited by Happy Blue
  • Like 2

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

:oxD:congrats: most impressive, id love to attempt it but  you would need some crazy in game money to build something that size xD and a class C licence which i don't have right now. best star wars build i've seen so far, bet it takes them ages to walk to the pilot seat xD ..oh, while we are talking star wars i got a new display piece :D

suJhy8l.jpg

eF6cGLN.jpg

That looks absolutely incredible! :o