talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 36 - 3-6th May, 2024

40 minutes ago, 6666 said:

That Mainoo hype was fun for a week.

He’s class. Not really sure how he can control a game with no defenders behind him, no midfielders supporting him and nobody in attack.

I think that was my favourite night at Selhurst Park. To beat Manchester United 4-0 given everything they represent, regardless of how good they are at present, is a special feeling. It almost doesn't feel real how good we are as a team when Eze and Olise play with each other.

• Administrator

Carragher et al on Sky weirdly choosing to totally ignore Evans' shortcomings for the first two Palace goals. 

Instead choosing to focus on Casemiro and Onana respectively. Not saying they also weren't at fault, but Evans defending there like a competition winner yet it was totally glossed over. 

• Administrator

They also almost find it ridiculously hard to actually analyse the good parts that Palace do as opposed to the bad parts that Utd do. 

• Subscriber

Onana is awful. Mateta goal is powerful but it's at his near post. The last goal ended up in the middle of the net as well.

Just now, Stan said:

They also almost find it ridiculously hard to actually analyse the good parts that Palace do as opposed to the bad parts that Utd do. 

It's always like that isn't it? All because there's probably about 10 United fans waiting to hate watch the post match interviews from their manager and players for every Palace fan who just wants to see the analysis on their team.

Didn't see this one, but Sky Sports is generally quite hyperbolic in recent years. And probably because they want certain loyal customers of certain clubs to stay tuned, even when its the battle for the conference league. Reflections on the injustice of being nowhere near the top. And the long term journey back to where they want to be. Perhaps with a different customer base & mindset, there is usually a bit better balance on the neutral & for everyone BBC.

But there is definitely a bias toward certain clubs in all media. To be fair, it was pretty much the same case with Liverpool before they were getting 2nd place to City so often.

But it can be jarring when a club dismantles a bigger brand on the pitch. 

• Subscriber

The defending in general in the Premier League has been utterly dire this season. It's made for entertaining games but there aren't many good teams this time around.

How Utd are in the top half is a mystery. They are fucking shite, and the fact we haven’t beaten them this season with three attempts boils my piss. 

9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Is it? xD If I'd been out all night and switched the tele on right now and seen the score I genuinely don't think I'd bat an eyelid.

No word of a lie, I'd be a lot more shocked to see Man Utd go to Selhurst Park and be 3-0 or 4-0 up than this.

It's a miracle Man Utd are in the top half to be honest. And the FA Cup final! They look like one of the worst teams in the league whenever I see them and they just seem to be constantly getting battered and embarrassed.

I think it’s just more of a a view on Palace than United, I expect Palace to beat Liverpool, don’t really expect them to best United lol.

• The topic was unpinned