talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 37 - 11-15th May, 2024

• Subscriber

Can't be doing with a draw because then it goes to goal difference at the weekend. I can shrug off losing to Arsenal to not see City win the league yet again but I'm not up for us having to lose 4-0 to achieve that because make no mistake, Man City will score as many as they want against West Ham.

• Administrator

Spurs have done alright to be fair and there's no signs of rolling over. 

The best chance being that Foden one bringing out a quality save from Vicario. 

Man City have it in them to pull something out of the bag though, in the same vein that Spurs have some sloppiness within them to gift a chance. 

Dragusin and Romero were excellent in the defence in that 1st half for Spurs. Dragusin looks really good. Maddison also played well in midfield. If Spurs can keep up this performance, they look like they have a good chance of getting something from this match. However, I feel that Man City will turn up the pressure in the 2nd half in search of that winning goal, but Spurs have been excellent so far. Fingers crossed Spurs get something from this match.

16 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Spurs been quite poor in the final third with all those promising situations they've been in.

Their defence has been excellent though. Those of us who want Arsenal to win the league will want Spurs's defence to stay strong, so that Spurs at least get a point from this game.

• Administrator

De Bruyne is so good. 

There's the goal Man City needed. How no one tracks the Haaland run is beyond me though. 

Was there even an offside check on DeBruyne there? It looked VERY tight. Really poor from Romero to lose a 50/50 with fucking Foden. 

Cant see Spurs getting anything now, City will just pass it around them. 

13 minutes ago, Michael said:

Their defence has been excellent though. Those of us who want Arsenal to win the league will want Spurs's defence to stay strong, so that Spurs at least get a point from this game.

City didn't exactly push their back line much in the first half though. Hope Spurs can see it out and at least get a draw.

Romero's mistake really there, he should have done much better there. Spurs's defence was excellent in the 1st half, especially Dragusin's performance. But Man City are just too good, they have so much quality in their side. I would love Spurs to still get something from this game, but it looks highly unlikely now, as Spurs really need the win and I can see City capitalising if Spurs commit too many players forward.

Just now, Rick said:

I hate football. Fuck that club, the players, the fans and the bald cunt manager. Oh, and fuck Porro too. 

At least next week I can go back to hoping for what I hope for every week: Everton losing & Manchester clubs stop existing.

• Subscriber

Son, what a tit.

That's that then for another year. I don't think there's a team in the Championship, let alone the Premier League, that I'd back less than a West Ham side with nothing to play for and a lame duck manager to go and do something at City on the last day.

I do wonder, if I wasn't so invested in FPL with friends, how much I'd care about modern day Premier League football. It's incredibly boring seeing the same team win all the time.

I might give Serie A a go at the start of next season, at least that feels like an open field for the first part of the season.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I do wonder, if I wasn't so invested in FPL with friends, how much I'd care about modern day Premier League football. It's incredibly boring seeing the same team win all the time.

I might give Serie A a go at the start of next season, at least that feels like an open field for the first part of the season.

I’m seriously losing patience with it. I’m not even excited to see what our new manager will do, all my enthusiasm has been destroyed by not only us cocking up our title chances, but them lot winning another. 

West Ham are going to roll over and take everything City throw at them. It’ll be pathetic. 

4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Important words to know to bond with people from Italy that aren't Juve fans: Juve Merda