talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2024/25 - Gameweek 2 - 24-25th August, 2024

20 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

That Chelsea result another great example of PSR working exactly as the Premier League wants it to. 

Yep. Financially handcuff Wolves while Chelsea buy anybody who owns a pair of boots. 

A player like Guehi is certainly a highlighted need,   Burn and Krafth are so slow without Schar and Botman its looking a bit thin.   A draw is probably a fair result,  their keeper made 5 or 6 absolute worldies,  they missed a few sitters but we ended the last 20min very strong when we took off the squad depth players in Murphy and Longstaff.    4 points in 2 games is 1 better than last season

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

How did Joelinton not get sent off? xD

Fucking hell.

This one’s genuinely funny. Joelington’s got a history of getting away with some absolute bullshit from the refs though, but none quite as egregious as this one.

Seriously, what does Rashford have on the manager, board and owners? Does he have videos of them in group orgies? For the life of me I have no idea how this fucker gets in the side!!!

It's frustrating that we finally have a Manager who looks like he could rise to the very top in the game and we persist with this strategy of throwing away the first month of the season, and often the first half of the season, by waiting until the very end of the window in the hope we can higher quality players become affordable. 

Saturday showed we missed a maverick in the front three but the bench was the bigger concern. Despite during last season the lack of quality in the second XI being evident for app to see, we've let nine players leave and have signed three.

We need at least five players (two wing backs, two 10's and a centre back) but I imagine we will end up with two. Another disaster window and the blame once again has to be with Dougie and Parish. Nobody begrudges Joachim Anderson being sold now the facts are out, he's 29 soon and being offered 6m over 6 years, you can grab that bag for 32m Joa. But if he's leaving why wasn't Lacroix or Chalobah ready to be signed as a replacement?

It's absolutely no coincidence that the only time we were in the top five at Christmas was when we were ready to go for the first game of the season.

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Dave said:

We need at least five players (two wing backs, two 10's and a centre back) but I imagine we will end up with two. Another disaster window and the blame once again has to be with Dougie and Parish. Nobody begrudges Joachim Anderson being sold now the facts are out, he's 29 soon and being offered 6m over 6 years, you can grab that bag for 32m Joa. But if he's leaving why wasn't Lacroix or Chalobah ready to be signed as a replacement?

Do you think you could lose Guehi and Eze by Friday too? Seems to have gone a tad quiet but that would be a killer for you after losing Olise. 

Thought Liverpool were really good yesterday. That move with the one-twos between Salah and a couple of others was sublime. Shame it didn't end in a goal. Early days but got a good feeling about us under Slot. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Thought Liverpool were really good yesterday. That move with the one-twos between Salah and a couple of others was sublime. Shame it didn't end in a goal. Early days but got a good feeling about us under Slot. 

Reminded me of that Arsenal goal vs Norwich.

Deserved a goal in the end. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Do you think you could lose Guehi and Eze by Friday too? Seems to have gone a tad quiet but that would be a killer for you after losing Olise. 

Newcastle seem to be very good at talking to the media but there doesn't seem to be much action. Guehi's suppodesly chilled about the whole thing and isn't forcing a move. If they don't pay 75m then Guehi stays, and even at this late stage, we still may say no anyway.

Eze I think stays now his release clause has expired.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Dave said:

Newcastle seem to be very good at talking to the media but there doesn't seem to be much action. Guehi's suppodesly chilled about the whole thing and isn't forcing a move. If they don't pay 75m then Guehi stays, and even at this late stage, we still may say no anyway.

Eze I think stays now his release clause has expired.

Fair. Wonder if a foreign club comes in for Eze late on...