Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Football League 2017/18 - 27-29 October 2017

Friday 27th October, 2017
Championship
Leeds vs Sheff Utd, 19.45

Saturday 28th October, 2017
Championship
Burton vs Ipswich
Cardiff vs Millwall
Fulham vs Bolton
Hull vs Nottm Forest, 17.30
Norwich vs Derby
Preston vs Brentford
QPR vs Wolves
Reading vs Middlesbrough
Sheff Weds vs Barnsley, 12.30
Sunderland vs Bristol City

League One
Bristol Rovers vs MK Dons
Bury vs Doncaster
Charlton vs Wimbledon
Fleetwood vs Oxford
Northampton vs Blackpool, 14.00
Oldham vs Scunthorpe
Peterborough vs Shrewsbury
Plymouth vs Rochdale
Portsmouth vs Bradford
Rotherhm vs Gillingham
Walsall vs Southend
Wigan vs Blackburn

League Two
Accrington Stanley vs Barnet
Chesterfield vs Carlisle
Colchester vs Crewe
Forest Green vs Morecambe
Grimsby vs Cambridge
Lincoln vs Crawley
Luton vs Coventry
Mansfield vs Exeter
Notts County vs Newport
Port Vale vs Swindon
Wycombe vs Cheltenham
Yeovil vs Stevenage

Sunday 29th October, 2017
Championship
Birmingham vs Aston Villa, 12.00

Billy Sharp gets an early goal for Sheff Utd! 3 mins in and Sharp gets on the end of a cross which the keeper can't stop. 

Leeds get a goal back out of nothing! Everything going down the right for Leeds. Cross comes in and Phillips is there to volley in just inside the area. 1-1. 

First time I've watched Sheffield United this season, I quite like the look of them. Leon Clark's movement has been really clever.

And it's also nice to see that Kalvin Phillips doesn't just score beauties for me on FM.

Just wanted to pop in and say how much I have enjoyed tonight's South Yorkshire Derby. After watching the excellent Sheffield derby a few weeks ago I was hopeful tonights game would be as good, and it sure was.

The Blades look to have found a winning formula with 3 at the back, yet another to follow Conte?

Super game great entertainment..... Makes you wonder why the TV contract for the Championship is so low, as it is as exciting as any Premier League game?

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Liquidator said:

Just wanted to pop in and say how much I have enjoyed tonight's South Yorkshire Derby. After watching the excellent Sheffield derby a few weeks ago I was hopeful tonights game would be as good, and it sure was.

The Blades look to have found a winning formula with 3 at the back, yet another to follow Conte?

Super game great entertainment..... Makes you wonder why the TV contract for the Championship is so low, as it is as exciting as any Premier League game?

why do people talk like Conte was the first ever manager to try 3 at the back?!

Just now, Stan said:

why do people talk like Conte was the first ever manager to try 3 at the back?!

I dont know, why do people talk like Premier League winning manager Conte who played 3 at the back before anyone else last season, was the first ever to play 3 at the back?

Just now, The Liquidator said:

I dont know, why do people talk like Premier League winning manager Conte who played 3 at the back before anyone else last season, was the first ever to play 3 at the back?

so we talking about last season only? Forgot football began then. 

Just now, Stan said:

so we talking about last season only? Forgot football began then. 

Most people with football intelligence would have thought that way Stan.... I was hopeful you was one of us  ;)

4 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Like Everton are a cheap imitation of Liverpool, HK85?

Well, we're the originators in the city so I'd say Liverpool are an expensive imitation of us, my friend. 

8 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Well, we're the originators in the city so I'd say Liverpool are an expensive imitation of us, my friend. 

Yeah, that works..... Well done HK85  :ay:

Love the Championship as a neutral. Sheffield United have been an absolute pleasure to watch each time I have seen them, that David Brooks looks like a cracking prospect. 

Disappointed to lose. I didn't think we deserved that after the second half performance but credit to Sheffield United, they kept going and took the big chance that came their way. Have to say they were unlucky to go in at 1-1 HT because we really were poor.

Saiz was our best player. Everything went through him. Desperately unlucky not to score with that beautiful shot that smacked the post. Had we gone 2-1 up at that point, I'd really have fancied us because we were on top.

Phillips was very lucky to stay on the pitch. Have to say, if that was a Sheffield United player sliding in like that, I'd be shouting Red all day long.

All in all a solid game of Championship football. It had it's fair share of mistakes but was still quite entertaining for the neutral I'm sure. The atmosphere was a 'proper' atmosphere which I think contributed to how absorbing the game was. We've suffered heavy defeats at Cardiff and Wednesday but I'd say Sheffield United were the best team we've faced so far, more so on that first half performance. They really gave us a good going over.

They could really cause a big shock this year but it's a long old season. We'll be back. I think it's going to be as competitive a league this year as we've seen for a while. No runaway leaders.

6 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

Love the Championship as a neutral. Sheffield United have been an absolute pleasure to watch each time I have seen them, that David Brooks looks like a cracking prospect. 

agree with this. Did well in the Sheffield derby as well. Great way to make your mark with the fans getting a winner in a Yorkshire derby.

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

Phillips was very lucky to stay on the pitch. Have to say, if that was a Sheffield United player sliding in like that, I'd be shouting Red all day long.

Glad you mentoned this as I forgot during the match. In real-time I didn't think it was that bad but replays showed it was late and could have been an ankle-breaker. I wonder what the ref and assistant saw to be honest as they're obviously much closer. 

3 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Jaap Stam can't have much longer left in the Reading job

What a shame it would be. Deluded baldy cunt that he is.

Listening to the Sunderland game today, they sound absolutely fucking woeful. The commentators sound fed up and the atmosphere is non existent. Not exactly surprising like. Brilliant stuff. 

Every time I tell myself Wolves will eventually go and run away with it they go and lose to someone awful like QPR.

Sheffield United could go up again this year, and I hope they do, cannot knock them in any way.

Ours was shite and you can tell we miss Zohore, especially when you lump it long to Danny Ward and expect him to win headers against defenders half a foot taller than you.

0-0 was the deserved result for us Both today. Both had a couple of good chances. Both lumped it long all the time. Both were utter shite today and neither deserved to win.

The way our season has gone normally means we get level and then the opposition beat us with the winner, this time we've managed to grab the winner and keep out the equaliser. Good win away at Preston, 3 points where normally we'd be coming back with a draw.

Birmingham City's home support in their Derby games is always incredible. Everyone stood singing, such a contrast from any other game.

Usually always a good one for neutral this.

Been a poor game so far, best bit about it is the Birmingham fans hoying them awful clappers at the Villa players.

Hopefully Birmingham can find a goal from somewhere as they just seem piss poor in front of goal. Could see a late Villa winner in front of that away end again.