• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2024/25 - Gameweek 5 - 21-22nd September, 2024

football forums

• Administrator

1200px-Premier_League_Logo.svg.png

all kick-offs 15.00 (BST) unless stated

Saturday 21st September, 2024
West Ham vs Chelsea, 12.30 (live on TNT)

Aston Villa vs Wolves
Fulham vs Newcastle
Leicester vs Everton
Liverpool vs Bournemouth
Southampton vs Ipswich
Tottenham vs Brentford

Crystal Palace vs Man Utd, 17.30 (live on Sky)

Sunday 22nd September, 2024
Brighton vs Nottm Forest, 14.00 (live on Sky)

Man City vs Arsenal, 16.30 (live on Sky)

image.png

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

We've been worse than the weather. 

Horrific performance. Nothing going for us against a drab Everton side. When you want to perhaps kick-start your season against favourable opposition (compared to most of the teams played so far), you want to have a fast start, attack well, look composed. 

First few moments we had players mis-hitting passes into our own players, no organisation going forward and looking totally lost. Barely a shot on goal (if any at all) and not inspiring in any way, shape or form. 

Cooper is to blame. He sets up so negatively. Sets up not to lose as opposed going for wins. Rubbish all round and he needs to do one. 

ESR & Reiss Nelson with goals for Fulham. Iwobi a big part of Fulham's team as well. Great to see them doing well.

More teams should really take advantage of Arteta not utilising our academy products.

• Administrator

Another draw for us. A game we should be winning. Our performance was dire overall. 

Questionable subs from Cooper again. Not good enough from him. 

Have to be getting 3pts against teams that are likely to finish around us. Poor. 

• Subscriber

Another frustrating result. We had several chances to score and only took one of them. Leicester then score a goalmouth scramble after Pickford had barely had to make a save for the entire game. Ended up lucky not to lose because we predictably went to pieces after conceding and were all over the place. 

I don't know about Dyche's substitutions again. Lindstrom is yet to find his end product but he's a threat and taking him off for Harrison who was the worst player on the pitch for the last half hour hurt us. Then taking Ndiaye off for the last ten minutes pretty much removed any attempts to counter attack from being possible.

At least we have a real, genuine point on the board. Same as last season with 1 point in 5 games. Patterson, Coleman, Branthwaite, Mykolenko, Gueye missing today. Hopefully we don't spend all fucking season having to play James Garner at full back and asking Young to put in 90 minute shifts.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Another draw for us. A game we should be winning. Our performance was dire overall. 

Questionable subs from Cooper again. Not good enough from him. 

Have to be getting 3pts against teams that are likely to finish around us. Poor. 

Yeah I thought at the time and I think it now. Cooper was a really poor appointment for Leicester. It seemed like it wouldn't matter that much because everyone thought you were getting a points deduction that would kill you either way but now it seems like you should have maybe looked harder than just whatever dross on the Premier League scrapheap of recently sacked managers was knocking about.

Still nothing but positives to take from Unai's Villa team.

On a highly critical viewpoint, it is an unavoidable fact that there has not been 1 clean sheet as yet, in the Premier League. But, the flip side to that is how doubtful it would have been, under previous managers, that Villa would have picked up the 4 wins from 5 they have. The fine margins between looking every bit a part of a strong top 6 & being much more nervous, much lower down.

• Administrator
57 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah I thought at the time and I think it now. Cooper was a really poor appointment for Leicester. It seemed like it wouldn't matter that much because everyone thought you were getting a points deduction that would kill you either way but now it seems like you should have maybe looked harder than just whatever dross on the Premier League scrapheap of recently sacked managers was knocking about.

If the owners want to regain any faith from the fans that they know what they're doing and persuade fans they've got the club going in the right direction, they need to give Cooper his P45. He's shown nothing to me, barring a few spells in some of our games, that he's good enough to keep us up. 

Expectations were low but it's still bit disappointing. 

It normally doesn't end well when clubs get managers which the fans didn't want. I've heard ex players say it creates an atmosphere around the stadium which doesn't help. Leicester getting Cooper probably wasn't a good idea. At the same time if the fans aren't gonna support the manager and it has a slight negative impact on the results that's partly their fault 

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

It normally doesn't end well when clubs get managers which the fans didn't want. I've heard ex players say it creates an atmosphere around the stadium which doesn't help. Leicester getting Cooper probably wasn't a good idea. At the same time if the fans aren't gonna support the manager and it has a slight negative impact on the results that's partly their fault 

What do you mean 'partly their fault'? 

What if it's not the fans having the impact on the result, rather the inadequacies and incompetence of the manager? 

I think the biggest gamble with Cooper for Leicester, disregarding any Leicester - Forest fan issue, which I seem to remember Martin O'Neill being unaffected by, it's Cooper's lack of proven experience. Yes, he got Forest promoted, after however many years. And given the circumstances he was perhaps unlucky to be got rid of by Forest.

Dean Smith arguably had a similar CV when he left Villa.

Going the Brighton or Bouremouth direction would be very bold. I would put money on David Moyes being a lead candidate for whichever club pulls the trigger first this season. Except Man United. For the experience. And that with the exception of Man United, most neutrals think he did very, very well wherever else he has been.