The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2024/25 - Gameweek 6 - 28-30th September, 2024

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, couscous said:

You can see  new players like Mazraoui, De Ligt giving it their all but in a few weeks or months they will all be like....if the others don't give a fuck then why should we give a fuck. They really need to get rid of Rashford. Just an inept little footballer.

This is it though. Often enough new players have gone there and looked like they'll make a positive difference but then look around and see team mates phoning it in, a lack of standards across the club and yet everyone gets a new contract for 5 years on 150k a week as soon as they put together a 4-5 game run once a season that's a bit better than mediocre. Why would you bother continuing to give your all and put your body on the line?

They're the worst run club in the league. Because of their revenue they'll never have problems with PSR or face the threat of insolvency or relegation battles like Everton, Leicester, Sunderland, Leeds, Newcastle, Aston Villa, etc have over the years but Man Utd have been run just as badly as any of those clubs in my opinion and it's been going on longer than almost any of those as well.

• Subscriber

I'm under no illusions about our game. Our team is fighting, and a week ago particularly with James Justin's quote on saying that we weren't up for the fight against Everton, that's a step forward.

We're also ridiculously efficient in front of goal. We've created the fewest chances in the division and yet have only been outscored by 7 teams - which is absolutely ridiculous even this early.

That's where I'll end with the positives. Even with the dodgy refereeing on show - Calafiori should've gone. But we looked dire. With the way that game has played out I think we lose that by 4/5 goals probably 8 times out of 10. It was pretty much everything I expected - we'd be largely hammered but not actually get that humiliated in the result. The fact our goalkeeper was the clear man of the match in a game we let in 4 goals is quite telling.

I really think he's got to go if we don't beat Bournemouth - would mean consecutive Premier League seasons where we don't win any of our opening 7 games. An international break going into probably the best run of fixtures of the season. I do not trust Cooper to get the results. He is not getting the most from this team. Poor manager at this level and nothing will change my mind on this.

Fully expect us to get an undeserved draw against Bournemouth and prolong the delusion though.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

This is it though. Often enough new players have gone there and looked like they'll make a positive difference but then look around and see team mates phoning it in, a lack of standards across the club and yet everyone gets a new contract for 5 years on 150k a week as soon as they put together a 4-5 game run once a season that's a bit better than mediocre. Why would you bother continuing to give your all and put your body on the line?

They're the worst run club in the league. Because of their revenue they'll never have problems with PSR or face the threat of insolvency or relegation battles like Everton, Leicester, Sunderland, Leeds, Newcastle, Aston Villa, etc have over the years but Man Utd have been run just as badly as any of those clubs in my opinion and it's been going on longer than almost any of those as well.

They need somebody ruthless enough to sack off most of their squad and I'm talking your likes of Rashford and Shaw here. It is quite incredible how bad their recruitment is though. They seem to turn everything they touch into shit.

Ten Hag still being in a job is hilarious. I wouldn't have him here.

6 hours ago, Stan said:

£65m on Solanke. He scored today...? 

My judgement of football is 180 degree different from yours. I don't even rate Son as a footballer. So what are the chances that I rate Solanke. I think he did nothing till he scored. 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, couscous said:

My judgement of football is 180 degree different from yours. I don't even rate Son as a footballer. So what are the chances that I rate Solanke. I think he did nothing till he scored. 

You literally asked if they spent money in the summer. All I did was answer your question xD

Will be interesting to see how Liverpool do after the international break. They've comparatively had the easiest start out of all the sides in the top 4. Maybe the whole league...

They're obviously a very good side that knows what they need to do. Slot's gameplan has very quickly been instilled into the team. But they've had a kind fixture list so far.

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Rick said:

Bournemouth are smashing Southampton. Why the fuck did Ramsdale move here? 🤨 The drop from Arsenal is gargantuan. 

It's closer to his level than a title contending Arsenal side. He's really not that special of a goalkeeper.

31 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It's closer to his level than a title contending Arsenal side. He's really not that special of a goalkeeper.

Second this, Ramsdale is absolutely dogshite but everyone loves him because he turns to the crowd and does a little fist pump after a goal kick.

I was stunned Arsenal went for him originally.

11 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

He’s not great by any means, but he’s better than this, he did relatively well at Arsenal. Sort of West Ham level I’d say. 

19 hours ago, 6666 said:

Will be interesting to see how Liverpool do after the international break. They've comparatively had the easiest start out of all the sides in the top 4. Maybe the whole league...

They're obviously a very good side that knows what they need to do. Slot's gameplan has very quickly been instilled into the team. But they've had a kind fixture list so far.

Definitely a wait and see scenario with us when the fixtures get tougher and especially when they're coming every 3/4 days. End of October, November and into the start of December are much tougher. 

Liverpool were very good for all but the last two months of last season though so I see no reason why we can't have a strong season. 

• The topic was unpinned