• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2024/25 - Gameweek 7 - 5-6th October, 2024

football forums

• Administrator

1200px-Premier_League_Logo.svg.png

all kick-offs 15.00 (BST) unless stated

Saturday 5th October, 2024
Crystal Palace vs Liverpool, 12.30 (live on TNT)

Arsenal vs Southampton
Brentford vs Wolves
Leicester vs Bournemouth
Man City vs Fulham
West Ham vs Ipswich

Everton vs Newcastle, 17.30 (live on Sky)

Sunday 6th October, 2024
Aston Villa vs Man Utd, 14.00 (live on Sky)
Chelsea vs Nottm Forest, 14.00

Brighton vs Tottenham, 16.30 (live on Sky)

image.png

• Subscriber

I'd have had us down as capable of getting a result here but Branthwaite has picked up a fresh injury that will keep him out of this one and now rumours are circulating that Mykolenko may be injured too. With Keane probably featuring alongside Tarkowski and Garner and Young potentially our full back pairing I predict Everton 1-3 Newcastle.

• Administrator

Must win for us. Start of a run against relatively 'easier' teams, albeit Bournemouth are a decent outfit these days. 

Have to get that win sooner rather than later though. 

• Subscriber

I'd say we've done well considering we're up a goal but since the goal we've not really been able to finish or get into something advantageous in the final third. Fully expect the second half to rectify that. 

Good win. Should have made it more comfortable for ourselves but I think we saw it out reasonably comfortably. Didn't actually feel like that at the time though! I think Alisson having to come off made it feel more nail biting than it actually was

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Garner out of position at right back, Young at left back, Keane back into central defence. If Newcastle's attack can't bag 3 or more tonight they want taking out and shooting.

Begging for an international break because of injuries yet again.

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Clear penalty for Palace ignored I see... 

the hand holding incident? If that’s a clear penalty the games well and truly gone. You give that and you’ve got to give a penalty for pretty much every grab and pull in the box for set pieces.

If Palace wanted that to be given they should have tried being Man City, because they’re just about the only team that gets gifted penalties like that in our league.

• Administrator

Comfortable first half. 

Scrappy second half when it didn't need to be. 

It's a much-needed win and clean sheet but I'm still nowhere near convinced on Cooper. Bournemouth had an off day, expected more from them after their convincing win over Saints. 

Buonanotte is a decent player. Looks to be very creative and just the kind of player we need. But Cooper still insists on using players like Reid, Soumare and Edouard. Embarrassing. 

• Subscriber

I mean we'll take a point off them. Especially if it includes their pantomime villain Pickford saving a penalty from the little tit Gordon xD.

They were much better than us. That was our best defensive performance of the season except for Tarkowski's rugby tackle on Tonali and Garner and Keane played really well. Our attack were off it today though. McNeil never got in the game and Calvert-Lewin didn't get much change out of their centre backs.

3 games, 5 points since the last international break. We're starting to perform at about par in terms of results. If we'd have not imploded against Bournemouth we'd be well clear of the relegation fight at this stage. Just need a decent run now with a lot of bottom half opponents. We could get a good points haul but if we're off it then we don't want to be handing points to the likes of Ipswich and Southampton and getting dragged back into the thick of it.

• Subscriber

Social media consensus seems to agree with me. Calvert-Lewin kicked Burn's leg but Burn put himself in the path to stop him from finishing the move. Really think Newcastle could have had no complaints if that was a penalty.

Attackers initiate the contact all the time and get the foul because they've got on the wrong side of the defender.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Calvert-Lewin kicked Burn's leg but Burn put himself in the path to stop him from finishing the move.

If the defender makes no contact with the ball but brings the attacker down that has to be a foul... Looked like a decent penalty shout to me