talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

No Özil so he starts Iwobi. Incredible! I would any of the other three on the bench over fucking Iwobi. Not sure about three at the back either but we will see. Had some success with it against Chelsea so I can see why he has gone for it.

Chelsea should have no excuses if they fail to win this one. I think we are there for the taking.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cesc and Kante start, that means we will get destroyed in the midfield battle. Cesc is good as a playmaker and makes key assists but he has no presence in the midfield and players just run past him. Cahill gets his spot back even though Rudiger did so well in his absence. Hazard misses out again, can't wait for us to start the starting eleven this season. I don't mind anything in this selection apart from Kante / Cesc midfield which is proven that doesn't work.

2i8uhj5.png

4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I don't see the big predictions coming our way, 3-0 and etc no way. If we win it will be closer than people expect. 

I think if Hazard was starting we would be in massive trouble. I think that's why Conte has gone with Fabregas for more creativity. If Bakayoko and Hazard were starting we would have no chance.

Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

I think if Hazard was starting we would be in massive trouble. I think that's why Conte has gone with Fabregas for more creativity. If Bakayoko and Hazard were starting we would have no chance.

Hazard is fit enough for the Internationals but not for the league, Bakayoko proved he could do a job. Our midfield will be heavily dominated 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, True Blue said:

Hazard is fit enough for the Internationals but not for the league, Bakayoko proved he could do a job. Our midfield will be heavily dominated 

that was Belgium and Martinez's call apparently. 

13 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I don't see the big predictions coming our way, 3-0 and etc no way. If we win it will be closer than people expect. 

More to do with Arsenal than you, looked really poor away to Liverpool and I don't really see any reason why that would change today.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

that was Belgium and Martinez's call apparently. 

Started against Gibraltar and came on against Greece. Conte confirmed he arranged with Martinez for the minutes he played. If he was fit for both and rested against Qarabag for most of the match why can't he start today? Maybe he wants him as an impact player later on.

Just now, True Blue said:

Started against Gibraltar and came on against Greece. Conte confirmed he arranged with Martinez for the minutes he played. If he was fit for both and rested against Qarabag for most of the match why can't he start today? Maybe he wants him as an impact player later on.

I'm more baffled with the Cesc+Kante partnership and Cahill walking back into the starting XI. 

My excitement just died

Just now, Cicero said:

I'm more baffled with the Cesc+Kante partnership and Cahill walking back into the starting XI. 

My excitement just died

Yes i was on about it on the previous page. Don't mind Cahill but the midfield duo proved to be a disaster in many games before.

I wish i eat my words at FT

We have been dreadful this half. 

Morata isolated due to how shit Pedro and Willian are. 

Arsenal having a field day in the middle due to, wait for it you'll never guess, how atrocious Kante and Cesc are together in a two man midfield. 

Change it up Conte

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

We have been dreadful this half. 

Morata isolated due to how shit Pedro and Willian are. 

Arsenal having a field day in the middle due to, wait for it you'll never guess, how atrocious Kante and Cesc are together in a two man midfield. 

Change it up Conte

Agreed... we have had a dire first half all round

Chelsea have played the slightly better football in the first half...  There was a point earlier on where their football was considerably of better quality.  But throughout we've had the better chances with more direct football.  We're performing a lot better than we did away to Liverpool.  I don't know if this is because Chelsea are playing substandard football on what they can offer or if they're goal drunk from midweek...  But this is our chance and the only thing I'm scared of is what Conte may think up at half time because tactically we won't differ in the second period.

I'm away busy in Spain at the moment so haven't kept up with the press conferences etc so don't know if I'm missing some info but what a poor team selection from Conte. No three man midfield? We're doing that thing again where we're giving Xhaka the freedom to do what he wants, he literally has about 15 mins on the ball each time but luckily his distribution has been dreadful so far, we can't continue to let that happen.

Cahill and Alonso need to tighten up on the left as it's 2-3 times now Arsenal have got in on that side and looked dangerous.

If that chance we had could have fallen to anyone I would have chosen Pedro but he dwelled on it too long. 

Willian is doing that thing again where he's losing the ball and his battles every time.

Cahill looks even more anxious on the ball than usual and like a lot of teams do Arsenal are letting him have it. Football is about small details at times which can make a big difference. Sick of these type of footballers we produce in this country.

We need to up it.

Archived