talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - Aug to Dec 2017/18 season archive

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Olivier Giroud comes on for the injured Danny Welbeck...  Stat detail on Giroud against Chelsea...  Only 1 goal in 13 appearances against the West London club.

nothing to do with Giroud, in general arsenal are awful against chelsea, no point singling him out 

Just now, SirBalon said:

Yeah you're right.  Giroud's record against top sides has nothing to do with him...  It's everyone else's fault.

once again, arsenal's head to head record against big teams is awful in the last few years especially. How many wins does Arsenal have against the top 6 clubs in the last 10 yrs or so?

Just now, Asura said:

once again, arsenal's head to head record against big teams is awful in the last few years especially. How many wins does Arsenal have against the top 6 clubs in the last 10 yrs or so?

I know!  It's terrible...  Thankfully Alexis Sánchez managed to get us something against this lot in the FA CUP Final.

This result is a very good one for us and will do us the world of good.  It's better than what any Arsenal fan would've though we'd get before today.  Infact we have good reason to believe we could've won it were it not for terrible finishing.  It almost feels like three points dropped but we have to understand the rubbish we're coming from and stay positive.

As for Chelsea...  Thought they were brilliant until three quarters throughout the first half and then lost their way.  Even when Chelsea were playing the much more superior football in the first half an hour of the game, we were more penetrative aside from two situations Chelsea had with especially one from Pedro.  For me Chelsea looked to be lacking in ideas up front and how you can leave out Hazard I have no idea.

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Chelsea & Arsenal both looking a bit average so far this season  ..hope it's not another one horse race, them kind of season's are boring as fuck, last day winners are much more exciting 

dont think Man Utd will run away with the title,  you have a slight chance too

Wenger again getting the better of Conte, which in all reality is down to his own mistakes. 

Hazard should of started and knew we would get nothing with a Cesc+Kante midfield. Arsenal must of been licking their lips when they saw that.

Cahill walking back to the starting XI just screams of something Mourinho would do, and we paid for it with slow transitioning from the back. 

Don't get me started on Willian and Pedro

All on Conte I'm afraid 

Archived