Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Venom (2018) Tom Hardy Film

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1270797/

Buzzing. Been wanting a Venom adaptation since the cartoon show Spiderman from the 90's. Bar none my Childhood Favorite villain.  

Credit to Marvel, they are making some magnificent films as of late as opposed to the shower of shite that is D.C. 

Perfect casting for the role as well, also heard Riz Ahmed is in it as well @Tsubasa

MV5BOTk3YmE4ZDEtOWU3Ny00NGJmLTg0ZjItNGZl

As opposed to this...

venomnotopher.jpeg?w=470&h=250

It's Sony, so I remain reserved, even though it's difficult not to get hyped with that cast. Tom Hardy, Riz Ahmed and Michelle Williams (even though I hate what she has done to her face). 

Just now, Tsubasa said:

It's Sony, so I remain reserved, even though it's difficult not to get hyped with that cast. Tom Hardy, Riz Ahmed and Michelle Williams (even though I hate what she has done to her face). 

Personally hope they step aside with what they did with the Avengers, humorous action and fun. Although it works, I think with Venom, they need to capture a dark atmosphere, similar with the Dark Knight Franchise. 

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

He isn't really a villain though

Started out as one. Anti-hero I suppose.

Also why does Hardy look like someone who really, really, really likes Sum 41 and Blink 182?

On 11/28/2017 at 8:54 PM, Cicero said:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1270797/

Buzzing. Been wanting a Venom adaptation since the cartoon show Spiderman from the 90's. Bar none my Childhood Favorite villain.  

Credit to Marvel, they are making some magnificent films as of late as opposed to the shower of shite that is D.C. 

Perfect casting for the role as well, also heard Riz Ahmed is in it as well @Tsubasa

MV5BOTk3YmE4ZDEtOWU3Ny00NGJmLTg0ZjItNGZl

As opposed to this...

venomnotopher.jpeg?w=470&h=250

Heard that Riz was asked a few times whether he wanted to do Carnage and I am unsure that's going to work on screen but only time will tell and with Sony its all just hit and miss. Such a shame they control one of the better Marvel franchises.

Look forward to it as Hardy generally portrays a pretty good monstrous nutter

It's only a teaser, but it looks very generic. Ah well, I'll still watch it because Tom Hardy. 

Isn't a teaser meant to build excitement? Cause if it is then that one failed massively. Pointless.  

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

It's only a teaser, but it looks very generic. Ah well, I'll still watch it because Tom Hardy. 

And Riz. Don't forget Riz

• Upvote 1

Wasn't excited with the trailer but since its based on the Lethal Enforcer short series I am thinking the villains will all be CGI (since no one big was cast for them). As for Riz, disappointed he didn't get to do Carnage but it is what it is. Nice to see Michelle back on screen again.

Clearly they wouldn't reveal a lot, but it's been confirmed that Carnage is in the film. 

Really hope they don't fuck this up. Everything looks too good to be true

Not going to lie, pretty poor first impression. But it was the same with Deadpool. 

Really hope SONY don't fuck this up. 

Don't know why Hardy signed up for this. Looks like it's gonna be either shit or really really shit. 

Much like Man of Steel, it looks like they just completely went in the wrong direction. A direction no fan asked for. 

Would much rather see the symbiote slowly consume Brock's charcter emotionally and pshychologically. To a point where it completely changes his entire persona and character. The dialogue from the trailer also looks like they haven't put too much thought into it. 

Again, I wasn't too arsed with the Deadpool trailer as well. So I won't give up hope. 

Yup, I expect nothing good from this. Even Hardy looks odd in some of those scenes. 

On 2/9/2018 at 09:32, Cannabis said:

Spiderman can suck my balls.

I'm sure you loved this movie as a kid though...

Some elements of Spider-Man 3 were good. The black suit was sexual. Still looks amazing ten years later. 

I don't have great expectations for this. Even Tom Hardy is already distancing himself from it. He said they cut his favourite 40 Minutes out of the movie. 

Viewers from early cinematic release give it an average score. Claiming the PG-13 rating ruined the film. 

Sony never learns do they? 

Never really expected much from it, going to watch it on Friday but with very little expectation.

On 04/10/2018 at 10:35, Cannabis said:

Lady Gaga fans really are vomit.

Like almost every fanbase, right? #blessed 

Pretty good I thought, clearly not a Marvel film and wouldn't say it's as good as Marvel's Spider-Man, or Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther....but wasn't bad, definitely not as bad as been made out. Funny in places and as he film started to find its pace it was banging at times.

I can see why people would have issues with it, there were a couple of things that seemed to be glossed over/done quickly but it didn't ruin the film.

I'd like to see another one, are they able to combine it with any of the current Marvel films or will it just be it's own?