talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

It deals with abduction/kidnapping, right? I was curious about the show, but I really hate those themes.

Yea, it does. But the details are very mysterious and strange. So I'm curious to see how it plays out. I haven't read the book. Apparently it was a huge hit in Germany. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I finished The Bear season 2. I was really impressed with season 1, I thought it was quite excellent overall but season 2 was on another level. Season 2 is one of the best seasons of anything Ive seen. The story telling, the characters, the cameo's, the chaos. It just all worked to perfection. I cannot wait for season 3 which unfortunately I imagine is a ways off like everything these days :(

• Subscriber
On 19/07/2023 at 09:48, Dr. Gonzo said:

So I'd never watched The Sopranos before. I just finished Season 3 last night. That show is really really good. Probably should have watched this decades ago xD

Missed this post, did you ever end up finishing it? I watched it for the second go through a handful of years ago again and I still felt it held up pretty strong. Love me some Sopranos. Was actually planning to watch it again here in the next little bit.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Its just so good. It just keeps getting better and better every episode. Give it a go :) 

Watched the first two episodes, very stress inducing 😅 Will continue with it...

• Like 1

Missed this post, did you ever end up finishing it? I watched it for the second go through a handful of years ago again and I still felt it held up pretty strong. Love me some Sopranos. Was actually planning to watch it again here in the next little bit.

Yeah, I think it's the best show I've ever seen tbh.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Finished The Continental The John Wick world "spinoff" about the hotel and Winston's backstory. As a huge JW fan I had to watch it. Overall it was ok, honestly didnt really feel like the JW world. The storytelling and characters I didnt really get invested in at all nor care. The action was cool and the hotel stuff was good but that was basically it. I forgot for large stretches it was even about the hotel and Winston... I wouldnt really recommend it to any non JW fan, probably a 6/10 

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, I think it's the best show I've ever seen tbh.

Im glad you feel this way. Its definitely still in the mix of my favourites. I absolutely loved the ending too, I know at least at the time was a hot point of contention but I thought was just perfect. The mix of comedy and characters all around Tony and the therapist, man just great. 

• Subscriber

Finished The Continental The John Wick world "spinoff" about the hotel and Winston's backstory. As a huge JW fan I had to watch it. Overall it was ok, honestly didnt really feel like the JW world. The storytelling and characters I didnt really get invested in at all nor care. The action was cool and the hotel stuff was good but that was basically it. I forgot for large stretches it was even about the hotel and Winston... I wouldnt really recommend it to any non JW fan, probably a 6/10 

I managed to watch only about 20-30 minutes of the first episode, absolutely fucking hated it...

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, nudge said:

I managed to watch only about 20-30 minutes of the first episode, absolutely fucking hated it...

Yeah thats fair xD I honestly probably would have too If I wasn't so invested in the movies and world. I think the best thing about it was probably the 70's soundtrack. 

• Upvote 2