talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2017/18 FA Cup Fourth Round Match Chat - 26-28 January, 2018

football forum

Fully agree with @Storts. Happened to Perth Glory this morning where the crowd celebrates the second Perth goal and it gets ruled out due to VAR. Happened loads of times in the confederations cup.

One of the best sensations I get from football is watching Peru biting my nails and celebrating the goals with everyone else in that room. Now that VAR is gonna be used in our first world cup in 36 years, how the hell am I gonna get any emotion if I don't know if it will be valid? I dearly hope its either binned off or its just not used at all. Let us enjoy our football dammit.

That's not even getting to all the flaws with consistency.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, I don't expect a negative prick like @Smiley Culture to know. Probably gets no sensations from goals of his "teams".

One of the best things in football is celebrating a goal you weren't expecting, or a play that gets you off your seat. I'm a match goer too and not always for work reasons.

Just now, Blue said:

To be fair, I don't expect a negative prick like @Smiley Culture to know. Probably gets no sensations from goals of his "teams".

One of the best things in football is celebrating a goal you weren't expecting, or a play that gets you off your seat. I'm a match goer too and not always for work reasons.

Ha, any reason for the personal abuse? 

I guarantee I've been to more Football games than yourself and will have experienced plenty of things. Unexpected goals and plays that get people on the edge of their seats can and will still happen with VAR. 

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

Ha, any reason for the personal abuse? 

I guarantee I've been to more Football games than yourself and will have experienced plenty of things. Unexpected goals and plays that get people on the edge of their seats can and will still happen with VAR. 

I can get along with anyone mate, but not when they abuse me for my opinions. That's pretty much what you've done, but no need to get into that.

I bet you have - you're from England and have the freedom to travel around anywhere especially not having to go to some of the shithole areas we have here in Peru but from what I got, you don't have a proper "team" anymore like you used to and while I can respect that because it can happen to all of us (almost happened to me a few months ago) Storts is right that we should enjoy our football and not have to halt it at every moment just to perfect it.

Just now, Blue said:

I can get along with anyone mate, but not when they abuse me for my opinions. That's pretty much what you've done, but no need to get into that.

I bet you have - you're from England and have the freedom to travel around anywhere especially not having to go to some of the shithole areas we have here in Peru but from what I got, you don't have a proper "team" anymore like you used to and while I can respect that because it can happen to all of us (almost happened to me a few months ago) Storts is right that we should enjoy our football and not have to halt it at every moment just to perfect it.

Ha, so, just like you just did, you massive hypocrite? 

Football won't be halted "every moment", it hasn't been in games I've seen with VAR, last night seemed an exception from the norm, but it can and will happen with VAR. The correct decisions were made and a half of Football lasted five minutes longer than it's scheduled too, hardly hours or enough to cause a problem for match going fans.

I'd like to see Football where decisions are called correctly as a result of the use of technology, because the approach until recently of allowing the officials to have just one view of an incident and to then be lambasted for 'missing' a decision or getting a decision wrong, whilst the armchair fan sat at home gets numerous views from different angles, for me is totally wrong and I welcome VAR. 

Maybe there's ways to make it better, maybe big screens need to be introduced so fans at games can see the replays of what the referee is seeing when a decision goes to VAR, maybe the ref should wear a mic that is only active when making a VAR decision so that he can announce to the crowd why a decision will/won't be given.

I just find it mad that there are people who want to see referee's get decisions wrong and people are abusing the system when it was used effectively and correctly last night because it took a couple of minutes. Surely, people want to see correct decisions and if it takes three minutes, then it takes three minutes. I'd rather see a World Cup Final decided because VAR has successfully detected a player was onside than a referee getting abuse for human error, something Football fans seem incapable of acceptance.

Maybe you would like to see a World Cup final decided correctly, what if its England though, you get 2 penalties ruled out and then they get a soft penalty checked by VAR and the other 2 blatant decisions werent?

As you surely know by now if my team loses I don't blame the referee. VAR may change that because it just doesn't seem necessary to me. Besides, if Peru were in a world cup final, or more realistically a copa america final (hypothetical) then I would rather win it by celebrating the goals and not have to wait for a decision to be made. Obviously if VAR means we'd win the final, I wouldn't mind but then there is the other teams fans who will feel they've been robbed or that it wasn't a necessity compared to the past. So either way, someone will complain.

Look at this Cardiff match and tell me these refs can be trusted without VAR.

Theyre so shit that you get delays and confusion no matter what - with VAR at least you get the right decision at the end.

But hey I guess fairness is unromantic and kills the flow or whatever.

In 5 years VAR will be standard and we people will wonder why it took so long to bring it in. Much like goal line technology. No offence @Blue I like you but your arguments against it seem to seem just based in the fact that you don't want it. You've even admitted you wouldn't want it no matter what.

It's just the game changing, as it has done over it's entire history. Football isn't played on mud baths anymore, it isn't a game with no subs, it's not played with heavy leather balls, it's no longer an overly physical game of kicking people up in the air at any given opportunity and it's no longer about bundling keepers into the back of the net when they catch a ball. I'm sure some, if not all of the decisions and choices I have mentioned above, were greeted with this level of hostility and apathy and I'm sure VAR will stay and Football, like it's history, will continue to change over the years. 

10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

In 5 years VAR will be standard and we people will wonder why it took so long to bring it in. Much like goal line technology. No offence @Blue I like you but your arguments against it seem to seem just based in the fact that you don't want it. You've even admitted you wouldn't want it no matter what.

Well isn't that the point? Arguing about why I don't want it? xD

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Well isn't that the point? Arguing about why I don't want it? xD

What I'm saying us you've admitted you want referees not to have it even if it made decisions right more often. For me your just trying to find reasons not to have it rather than looking at what is best for the game.

7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

What I'm saying us you've admitted you want referees not to have it even if it made decisions right more often. For me your just trying to find reasons not to have it rather than looking at what is best for the game.

You've missed my point there despite having made it clear so many times as to what I meant.

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Explain then

I prefer human instinct. Just read back what I said. They could get it right but for me they shouldn't be allowed to look back at what happened.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

I prefer human instinct. Just read back what I said. They could get it right but for me they shouldn't be allowed to look back at what happened.

Well that's up to you. Many will disagree

• The topic was unpinned

Archived