• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2017/18 FA Cup Fourth Round Match Chat - 26-28 January, 2018

football forum

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Where have all these Cardiff fans come from today?

Day trippers. Pretty obvious. ¬¬

Watch the attendance plummet against Bolton.

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Nope! B|  ..thanks for coming, we will enjoy your 3pts in the league too, see you next time ;)

No probs. Better team easily today. 

That was disappointing. While I was expecting a loss, I thought we could have at least put in a better performance than that.

Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

No probs. Better team easily today. 

That was disappointing. While I was expecting a loss, I thought we could have at least put in a better performance than that.

You defended well and had a few good half chances, that's all you can really expect with the money each team has spent really, you did ok and on another day could of got something from the game

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

In 5 years VAR will be standard and we people will wonder why it took so long to bring it in. Much like goal line technology. No offence @Blue I like you but your arguments against it seem to seem just based in the fact that you don't want it. You've even admitted you wouldn't want it no matter what.

With VAR we would of won 3-0 today instead of 2-0, the game badly needs VAR in every game 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Blue said:

Fully agree with @Storts. Happened to Perth Glory this morning where the crowd celebrates the second Perth goal and it gets ruled out due to VAR. Happened loads of times in the confederations cup.

One of the best sensations I get from football is watching Peru biting my nails and celebrating the goals with everyone else in that room. Now that VAR is gonna be used in our first world cup in 36 years, how the hell am I gonna get any emotion if I don't know if it will be valid? I dearly hope its either binned off or its just not used at all. Let us enjoy our football dammit.

That's not even getting to all the flaws with consistency.

That's not the example he's making.

Storts' example is celebrating a goal, pausing, and then having it verified by VAR that it was actually a goal. I can accept that the time aspect makes it a bit of an anti-climax but I'm fully confident the time aspect will get better the more it is used by referees (we won't see umpteen replays to get to a simple decision).

The Perth goal was disallowed correctly. I don't get what the fuss about that is? It's like celebrating a goal without VAR and then seeing the flag has gone up. Yeah, you celebrated, you were ecstatic your team has scored. Then comes the come-down when you see it's been disallowed. I don't get why that's a flaw of VAR when it is used in that situation to see a goal was given incorrectly.

Oh and for Storts reference, I go to games and want VAR. Does that make me a bad fan :/?

Just now, Stan said:

That's not the example he's making.

Storts' example is celebrating a goal, pausing, and then having it verified by VAR that it was actually a goal. I can accept that the time aspect makes it a bit of an anti-climax but I'm fully confident the time aspect will get better the more it is used by referees (we won't see umpteen replays to get to a simple decision).

The Perth goal was disallowed correctly. I don't get what the fuss about that is? It's like celebrating a goal without VAR and then seeing the flag has gone up. Yeah, you celebrated, you were ecstatic your team has scored. Then comes the come-down when you see it's been disallowed. I don't get why that's a flaw of VAR when it is used in that situation to see a goal was given incorrectly.

Oh and for Storts reference, I go to games and want VAR. Does that make me a bad fan :/?

That's what I was saying...

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

That tackle on Sane was atrocious, should have been a straight red.

the irony of this incident is that if VAR was in place, the decision would have been overturned (happened in the A-League where a yellow was given for a disgusting tackle on field. It got reviewed/checked, decision was overturned). 

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

That's what I was saying...

No. 

Storts example is more delayed celebrating and losing that 'moment' of ecstasy while the goal stood.

Your example is taking the celebration of a goal out altogether as the goal was disallowed anyway. 

Just now, Stan said:

No. 

Storts example is more delayed celebrating and losing that 'moment' of ecstasy while the goal stood.

Your example is taking the celebration of a goal out altogether as the goal was disallowed anyway. 

Again, that's what I was saying. Just because I worded it differently doesn't mean its not the same xD

4 hours ago, Blue said:

Fully agree with @Storts. Happened to Perth Glory this morning where the crowd celebrates the second Perth goal and it gets ruled out due to VAR. Happened loads of times in the confederations cup.

One of the best sensations I get from football is watching Peru biting my nails and celebrating the goals with everyone else in that room. Now that VAR is gonna be used in our first world cup in 36 years, how the hell am I gonna get any emotion if I don't know if it will be valid? I dearly hope its either binned off or its just not used at all. Let us enjoy our football dammit.

That's not even getting to all the flaws with consistency.

That's weird, I thought goals would never be celebrated ever again? :ph34r:

@Storts do you celebrate when Seattle get a TD or a turnover? Those are all reviewed, but if you're like most fans you'll celebrate anyway and let the chips fall where they may. The same happens in cricket, rugby, baseball, and every other sport you care to name. Why would football be different?

@Blue seriously if you don't  like VAR that's that's fair enough.  But you are clearly an intelligent knowledgeable football person so stop discrediting yourself by trying to find ridiculous arguments to make something fit. The rational thing to do is look at the arguments then make an opinion. Not have an opinion and make it fit.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

the irony of this incident is that if VAR was in place, the decision would have been overturned (happened in the A-League where a yellow was given for a disgusting tackle on field. It got reviewed/checked, decision was overturned). 

What a red card was given?

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

With VAR we would of won 3-0 today instead of 2-0, the game badly needs VAR in every game 

I don't think every ground has the facilities for it. Will be a while before it is in the lower leagues. By the way "city city the best team in the world" did you make that chant up xD

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

after the VAR check, yes.

So how well is the var working over there? I've watched a bit of the A league. Seemed OK to me. Although it isn't a top league with top referees so I wouldn't be put of it even if it wasn't working well

• Administrator
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

So how well is the var working over there? I've watched a bit of the A league. Seemed OK to me

depends who you ask xD

Ask me, and I think it works fine. They've had it for 1-2 seasons and everyone is aware of how it works and the rulings (they have big screens at all their stadiums so everyone is in the know of what's going on and when a decision is being reviewed. I can't remember the last time there were any real controversies or complaints about it from managers or players. It certainly hasn't ruined the game there like some think it have here, despite it being in very early days in English football. 

Ask others and they think it's a travesty despite having no real substance to their complaints about it other than their sheer disdain for VAR in the first place. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

depends who you ask xD

Ask me, and I think it works fine. They've had it for 1-2 seasons and everyone is aware of how it works and the rulings (they have big screens at all their stadiums so everyone is in the know of what's going on and when a decision is being reviewed. I can't remember the last time there were any real controversies or complaints about it from managers or players. It certainly hasn't ruined the game there like some think it have here, despite it being in very early days in English football. 

Ask others and they think it's a travesty despite having no real substance to their complaints about it other than their sheer disdain for VAR in the first place. 

Ah right. I did see one incident that seemed to be a bit if a balls up but in general it seemed ok

40 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't think every ground has the facilities for it. Will be a while before it is in the lower leagues. By the way "city city the best team in the world" did you make that chant up xD

Its an old one that .."City, City best team in the land and all the world"  ...City fans been singing that long before we was the best team in the world xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived