• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
Grizzly21

Salomon Rondon to Liverpool?

Recommended Posts

According to the news here in Peru, Rondon is linked to Liverpool.

I know he hasn't been all that at West Brom, but he's actually a very good player. The issue is he doesn't the luxury at WBA to play the hold up deep lying forward game that he has with him at Venezuela. I think with Firmino, Salah and Mane supporting him he'll do excellently. Besides, he's been playing under Pulis the longest time so that didn't help him. Klopp will get the best out of him, because on form he's one of the most underappreciated strikers in 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be absolutely amazed if Liverpool sign Rondon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'll be absolutely amazed if Liverpool sign Rondon.

Do they even have a proper 9 right now? I've not caught them much this year. Is it Firmino?

I suppose Firmino is better than Rondon but still, I can't see him being a bad signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind Rondon as a squad player. He's pretty good, but we can be spending a ton on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fucking hell Liverpool could (and should) do miles better than Rondon!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be a good focal point for this Liverpool team with Salah and Mane either side of him. They should sign him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Stan said:

fucking hell Liverpool could (and should) do miles better than Rondon!!

It’s not true pal xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

It’s not true pal xD

more in response to those that think he'd be good for you. 

He'd become another Ings/Carroll. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Would be a good focal point for this Liverpool team with Salah and Mane either side of him. They should sign him. 

I think FOYM said it best that as a squad player he'd work. He's a good deep lying forward that can do better than limited systems such as west brom.

He has more luxury with Venezuela and that's where he shines. He could do the same at Anfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not on about him in the starting 11 for fuck sake, but it's clear we need to add new levels to our game. Swansea showed our flaws loud and clear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been saying we need a proper striker for a while now, and if Rondon's the best we can do for someone who'll be on the bench most of the time, then so be it. We were linked with him the summer we bought Benteke, so maybe there's something to this. I still doubt it, mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FOYM said:

I'm not on about him in the starting 11 for fuck sake, but it's clear we need to add new levels to our game. Swansea showed our flaws loud and clear. 

It was our first loss in 19 games mate. No need to panic by buying players like Rondon ffs xD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Blue said:

I think FOYM said it best that as a squad player he'd work. He's a good deep lying forward that can do better than limited systems such as west brom.

He has more luxury with Venezuela and that's where he shines. He could do the same at Anfield.

Would be starting weekly in place of Firmino after a few weeks at the club. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be fucking gutted if we signed Rondon.

9 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Would be starting weekly in place of Firmino after a few weeks at the club. 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Would be starting weekly in place of Firmino after a few weeks at the club. 

That’s not even worth a ROFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

It was our first loss in 19 games mate. No need to panic by buying players like Rondon ffs xD

 

Mate, it's a sign of things to come. We should just cough up the 30m for Rondon. He will make sure that scenario doesn't happen again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

It was our first loss in 19 games mate. No need to panic by buying players like Rondon ffs xD

 

He's nowhere near as bad as you're making him out to be. He's a proven goalscorer in la Liga and the Russian league, and has also looked superb at times for Venezuela. Just because he doesn't have the luxury or style of play that suits him at West Brom doesn't make him a bad player.

He'd fit in well at Liverpool even if its only on the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

He's nowhere near as bad as you're making him out to be. He's a proven goalscorer in la Liga and the Russian league, and has also looked superb at times for Venezuela. Just because he doesn't have the luxury or style of play that suits him at West Brom doesn't make him a bad player.

He'd fit in well at Liverpool even if its only on the bench.

yeah he's not as bad as some make out but he won't fit Liverpool that well. 

That last sentence makes no sense. Why would he fit at Liverpool if he's just gonna sit on the sidelines each week and maybe come on for about 20-25 minutes, if that? Why would a player do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rondon is a good striker, as good as Giroud in my view and just hasn’t been at a club that’s given him the status that he could possibly have.  He’d be a very good acquisition for Liverpool and as far as I’m concerned he’s not that far behind Firmino on quality.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Rondon is a good striker, as good as Giroud in my view and just hasn’t been at a club that’s given him the status that he could possibly have.  He’d be a very good acquisition for Liverpool and as far as I’m concerned he’s not that far behind Firmino on quality.

I cannot express how much I disagree with that in words.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I cannot express how much I disagree with that in words.

I’ve seen Rondon play for a long time at clubs that don’t pump your status and I’ve always thought he was a more than handy striker with potential. I don’t know which part you disagree with but if it’s the part of my comparison with Firmino, then we’re both in the same boat because Firmino has been at Liverpool which is a club that has the potential to pump you name a lot higher than anywhere Rondon has been to and with that we don’t have any proof of capabilities other than sensations based on what we’ve seen which ends up being a result of opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SirBalon said:

I’ve seen Rondon play for a long time at clubs that don’t pump your status and I’ve always thought he was a more than handy striker with potential. I don’t know which part you disagree with but if it’s the part of my comparison with Firmino, then we’re both in the same boat because Firmino has been at Liverpool which is a club that has the potential to pump you name a lot higher than anywhere Rondon has been to and with that we don’t have any proof of capabilities other than sensations based on what we’ve seen which ends up being a result of opinion.

I think Firmino is probably our second best player, less flash than Salah or Mané... but he's the main man behind our attack. You take him away and you're likely taking away goals from the rest of our front 3.

Meanwhile Rondon, granted I've only seen him at WBA, just looks bang average. Normally when Liverpool have signed a player from another side in the league that looks bang average... they end up being bang average or totally dogshit. I've seen nothing from Rondon that indicates he's got what it takes to be more than bang average in England.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Meanwhile Rondon, granted I've only seen him at WBA, just looks bang average.

And that right there is your problem. You've only seen him at WBA, which has been his worst club to date. He's been good everywhere else and has looked excellent for Venezuela.

I don't know about comparisons with Firmino but he could easily be Brazil's second or third choice striker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firmino is nothing more than ridiculous hair and overly white teeth. 

Shite. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HK85 said:

Firmino is nothing more than ridiculous hair and overly white teeth. 

Shite. 

At international level, Rondon has impressed me more for Venezuela than Firmino has for Brazil, in all fairness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In all honesty I’m biased with Firmino because I simply feel he’s not as good as is made out to be.  With that I’m not saying he’s a bad striker at all, but his status is definitely over pumped in my view. Doesn’t mean I’m right though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rondon's been at West Brom for 3, maybe 4 years? Agree with @Dr. Gonzo that he's bang average.

And yes, I know he's played at international level but he's probably playing against shitter defenders and stands out as a good player in a team of less than average players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Firmino is probably our second best player, less flash than Salah or Mané... but he's the main man behind our attack. You take him away and you're likely taking away goals from the rest of our front 3.

Meanwhile Rondon, granted I've only seen him at WBA, just looks bang average. Normally when Liverpool have signed a player from another side in the league that looks bang average... they end up being bang average or totally dogshit. I've seen nothing from Rondon that indicates he's got what it takes to be more than bang average in England.

But at the end of the day we would be talking about a player that can come in for Firmino for when injured, suspended or just rotation. Something you need... Aside from what our personal thoughts are on this I don’t understand the ridiculous comments or better said, sensations about Rondon possibly playing for Liverpool and being part of your squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement