talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Materialism: What have you bought recently?

football forum

24 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

You're right its only the outputs but if you want to do the 6 way connection when you head in to run mic inputs as well its a better option then you aren't crowding the stage space with two of these plus the LT doesn't have it. Otherwise they are pretty much the same thing. 

I might go exchange my GT-1000 for the Helix LT today tbh. The UI is just so much better than on the Boss lol

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I might go exchange my GT-1000 for the Helix LT today tbh. The UI is just so much better than on the Boss lol

You'll have to let me know how it works out for you. I looked at the Boss and liked it but like you i couldn't get past the screen since I saw the Helix first.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

You'll have to let me know how it works out for you. I looked at the Boss and liked it but like you i couldn't get past the screen since I saw the Helix first.

Well I brought the GT-1000 with me to work and I'm going to exchange it during lunch so I'll probably give you an update tonight because I've made my mind up to go through with it. I do like the Boss a lot, for me I think it's the easiest one to get good tone out of with minimal tweaking - but the fact is with these units, you're going to be making a lot of tweaks and the ease of the Helix UI and workflow make it superior imo. And that's just after a couple days of owning the unit.

Granted, I haven't been too sober for much of the time I've been messing around with it, because this weekend and sobriety were far far apart from each other for me this weekend - but me playing around with it this morning before work helped me make the decision. And all entirely based on that ease of use for the Helix. 2 more hours before I go make the exchange.

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Granted, I haven't been too sober for much of the time I've been messing around with it, because this weekend and sobriety were far far apart from each other for me this weekend - but me playing around with it this morning before work helped me make the decision. And all entirely based on that ease of use for the Helix. 2 more hours before I go make the exchange.

Funny story there. I of course drank my share, and a few other people's, on Saturday into the early Sunday and had band practice in the afternoon. So I go into practice, think I am all cool because no one has noticed I am still hungover from the day before and played an entire song which, in my head, sounded fine but the reality was that I didn't turn the amp on the whole time and then someone came to me and said its nice that you're spectating but you might want to participate too.

• Subscriber

32 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Funny story there. I of course drank my share, and a few other people's, on Saturday into the early Sunday and had band practice in the afternoon. So I go into practice, think I am all cool because no one has noticed I am still hungover from the day before and played an entire song which, in my head, sounded fine but the reality was that I didn't turn the amp on the whole time and then someone came to me and said its nice that you're spectating but you might want to participate too.

:rofl:

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

That's fucking hilarious xDxDxD

well, I've just made the exchange. The same fella who helped me by trying out all of the different modelers saw me and came up to me and was like "what's wrong?! defective unit??" and I had to be like "nah mate, it's a Boss - it's not defective and will probably last for ages; I just think I want to go with the better Line6 UI" and the lad was fucking great about it.

The Helix LT is supposed to cost just a bit more than the GT-1000... the lad discounted the Helix for me so it was a straight swap. He also said "well, this is the first one of these I've seen returned, I'm now gonna buy it as an open box model with my employee discount" and rung himself up after he was done ringing me up. Cool fella, I'm glad he saved me a few quid and my decision to return it seems to have done him a favour as he's getting the GT-1000 for cheap.

Can't wait to get home and use my new toy out

@Mel81x - when you get yours, you will love the "Snapshots" feature, it's great. I don't think I've fully figured it out because the manual is massive and I only messed around with it for a bit - but it's pretty great if you want to mess with your effects while playing but also want a seemless transition where things like your reverb/delay trails don't get interrupted by the transition. Also it's about 100x easier to use than the Boss.

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Mel81x - when you get yours, you will love the "Snapshots" feature, it's great. I don't think I've fully figured it out because the manual is massive and I only messed around with it for a bit - but it's pretty great if you want to mess with your effects while playing but also want a seemless transition where things like your reverb/delay trails don't get interrupted by the transition. Also it's about 100x easier to use than the Boss.

Terribly tempted to pick it up this month but I want the pedals to go out the door first before I get something else to replace them. Have some buyers already so lets see how that pans out first. I was reading up about how some people create some awesome patches to emulate cabs and sound effects from shows. Whats the patch loading like?

6 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Terribly tempted to pick it up this month but I want the pedals to go out the door first before I get something else to replace them. Have some buyers already so lets see how that pans out first. I was reading up about how some people create some awesome patches to emulate cabs and sound effects from shows. Whats the patch loading like?

Yeah selling stuff first is definitely more responsible than what I did xD - I’m having a hard time moving on my 6505+ without taking a massive loss. Which I’m not really too happy about because it’s a great amp still.

When you say patch loading, you mean loading in presets other people have made rather than just making your own from scratch?

I’ve not tried downloading anyone else’s patches and uploading them. Let’s try that right now!

It’s easy! Took me about 3 minutes. For loading up a patch that you’ve downloaded you just upload the files to an empty user bank on the software on your computer. I don’t know if it’s the patch I downloaded or if it’s all of them, but it takes a full empty user bank because it imported this guys patches as a “set list” so a variety of different presets within on user bank.

His presets sound good too, at least the first 2 haha - so I’m glad I tested that out for you.

Well - I will be starting a new job in the next few months, and so to prepare, I was given a 'technology' budget. 

I bought the new Dell XPS 13, two HD 27" monitors, a power bank for the laptop all for around $2,000. With my employee discount (I'm still employed at Dell), it came to around $1,500 to which I am getting reimbursed. 

3 hours ago, Eco said:

Well - I will be starting a new job in the next few months, and so to prepare, I was given a 'technology' budget. 

I bought the new Dell XPS 13, two HD 27" monitors, a power bank for the laptop all for around $2,000. With my employee discount (I'm still employed at Dell), it came to around $1,500 to which I am getting reimbursed. 

Wait so is the new job reimbursing you or Dell? Because that'd be a bit funny if Dell was reimbursing you as you get a new job xD

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wait so is the new job reimbursing you or Dell? Because that'd be a bit funny if Dell was reimbursing you as you get a new job xD

Ha- the new job is. I just told them that since I'm working at Dell, I might as well load up, use my employee discount, and get reimbursed on the back end. 

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Eco said:

Sweet deal that.

Brought the Samsung Galaxy S10E. The 10 is huge and s10plus is even bigger, got the E as its smaller. In fact its smaller then my S9, but I can honestly say its the best phone I've ever had. Fast as fuck on the Internet and the phone size is spot on, fits in the pocket perfectly. 

• 3 weeks later...

Wasn't sure where to post this but @Mel81x SOMEONE STOLE MY FUCKING HELIX!!! I am gutted.

It was in my friends car while we were helping another friend move some stuff at his house, in the boot so it wasn't visable or anything. In those 3 or 4 hours we weren't with the car... his fucking car got stolen. His car was found at a scrapyard, identifiable only by the VIN really, it had been raided for parts. And everything inside the car was gone.

I'm glad I took my ESP out of the car before we left the car... but I really wish I just brought the Helix with me. Still not as bad as it was for my mate, who lost 2 basses and his amp head... plus his fucking car.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wasn't sure where to post this but @Mel81x SOMEONE STOLE MY FUCKING HELIX!!! I am gutted.

It was in my friends car while we were helping another friend move some stuff at his house, in the boot so it wasn't visable or anything. In those 3 or 4 hours we weren't with the car... his fucking car got stolen. His car was found at a scrapyard, identifiable only by the VIN really, it had been raided for parts. And everything inside the car was gone.

I'm glad I took my ESP out of the car before we left the car... but I really wish I just brought the Helix with me. Still not as bad as it was for my mate, who lost 2 basses and his amp head... plus his fucking car.

Man that absolutely sucks and you just got it too. Don't suppose you friend had any of those insured? Two basses, an amp head and a modeler what a crying shame.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Man that absolutely sucks and you just got it too. Don't suppose you friend had any of those insured? Two basses, an amp head and a modeler what a crying shame.

His car insurance only covers his car, unfortunately. I think his homeowner insurance would have covered it they were stolen from his house... and he was thinking about filing a claim and just saying that was the case (which is illegal as fuck lol). But I think he doesn't want to have someone come around to inspect his house and see that there's no evidence of a break in and he's not going to file a false police report, so it's probably safest not to commit insurance fraud (which is what I've told him about 20 times). So he's lost a few thousand in terms of his gear. And yeah I just got it and yesterday was my first day back home in a week and I was so excited to jam. At least I still have my guitar, but I'm gutted.

Fortunately I didn't sell all of my pedals and I still have my 6505+... but I'm fucking gutted.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

His car insurance only covers his car, unfortunately. I think his homeowner insurance would have covered it they were stolen from his house... and he was thinking about filing a claim and just saying that was the case (which is illegal as fuck lol). But I think he doesn't want to have someone come around to inspect his house and see that there's no evidence of a break in and he's not going to file a false police report, so it's probably safest not to commit insurance fraud (which is what I've told him about 20 times). So he's lost a few thousand in terms of his gear. And yeah I just got it and yesterday was my first day back home in a week and I was so excited to jam. At least I still have my guitar, but I'm gutted.

Fortunately I didn't sell all of my pedals and I still have my 6505+... but I'm fucking gutted.

I'd stay hopeful that the cops can trace some of the equipment or even the culprits but thats a bit far-fetched right now. But that is such a shame, once again, because as I said you just got it and you'll weren't even away from the car for that long. 

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

I'd stay hopeful that the cops can trace some of the equipment or even the culprits but thats a bit far-fetched right now. But that is such a shame, once again, because as I said you just got it and you'll weren't even away from the car for that long. 

The cops didn't sound too hopeful. My best bet is if someone takes it in to a pawn shop or a guitar shop that sells used gear, because I gave the serial number to the cops - the store has to record the serial and report it to a system that checks if the serial is listed as stolen anywhere (no idea how often that database is updated though, so I think if the thief/thieves acted quickly enough and got it off their hands as fast as they could they'd get away with it). If they sell it as used individually, chances are I'm utterly fucked.

39 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Sorry to hear that mate... must have fucked you right off

Fucked me right off is an understatement. I've got it better than my pal though, he's basically inconsolable about his basses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Went in to get two watches serviced this weekend and walked out with this.

protrek-wsd-f20a-buaae.jpg

I thought i'd get a Garmin originally but this turned out to be a pretty decent purchase as I am going snorkeling and diving in a few weeks and wanted something with a large dial. 

7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Went in to get two watches serviced this weekend and walked out with this.

protrek-wsd-f20a-buaae.jpg

I thought i'd get a Garmin originally but this turned out to be a pretty decent purchase as I am going snorkeling and diving in a few weeks and wanted something with a large dial. 

Is that a smart watch?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived