talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cooking

football forum

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Fried potatoes, never crispy enough.¬¬

I used to have this problem, until I realised that I was frying too many potatoes at once. Also, parboiling them before frying makes a huge difference, too!

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Is there a dish any of you cook and always mess up or hardly get right?

I always struggle with most warm sauces that require either cream or roux. I love a good dill or mustard sauce, but just never get the proportions right. So I stick with cold sauces, or simple Asian stir-fry sauces instead...

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Fried potatoes, never crispy enough.¬¬

I leave that down to the wife fried or roasted, the wife only likes Maris Piper potatoes or King Edwards, and when she makes them they come out crispy and sumptuous. :P

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Tommy said:

What's up with Tahini. I tried it twice and I can't stand the taste of it. Anyone here actually a fan?

Had to Google that, never heard of it looks yucky to me and looks like a mushroom or chicken soup, but saying that I do love mushroom or chicken soup so really, I would have to taste it first.

A.png

4 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Had to Google that, never heard of it looks yucky to me and looks like a mushroom or chicken soup, but saying that I do love mushroom or chicken soup so really, I would have to taste it first.

A.png

It's a paste me out of sesame. It's very bitter on it's own, so you have to mix it with stuff to make it taste good. But I've tried that twice now, and the bitterness was always too overwhelming still. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

It's a paste me out of sesame. It's very bitter on it's own, so you have to mix it with stuff to make it taste good. But I've tried that twice now, and the bitterness was always too overwhelming still. 

Try a different brand? Apparently, the differences can be massive and lower quality brands can be overwhelmingly bitter, so maybe that's the problem...

I personally find sesame taste very overwhelming in general. I use sesame oil when I make some stir fry sauces, and even a small teaspoon is very noticeable.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

8 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Saying that I asked the wife and she said, looking at my stomach "Aye, thats good for losing weight, hint, hint..." O.o

Edited by CaaC (John)
  • Haha 1

Slightly unrelated but didn't want to start another thread. Regarding food when you're hungry. Does waiting for food make you ratty and irrated when you're really hungry? Have seen some people lose their fucking shit when they're hungry.

Edited by MUFC

4 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Slightly unrelated but didn't want to start another thread. Regarding food when you're hungry. Does waiting for food make you ratty and irrated when you're really hungry? Have seen some people lose their fucking shit when they're hungry.

Not really. 

Some people will use any excuse for their shitty behaviour. :ph34r:

• Wow 1

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Not in the past, but as I get older, I noticed that I get slightly irritated when I'm really hungry. Like, not enough to lose my shit or lash out at people, but I do get annoyed easier. 

• Sad 1

Few years ago when we used to go to takeaways to eat. There was a particular person who would be driving and could never control his hunger. On the way to the eating joint he's be kicking off and having road rage fucking incidents. Once I said to him to not go the whole day without eating and have a fucking snack during the day. Eventually I never went out when he came because he really was a fucking toss pot.

• Wow 1

40 minutes ago, MUFC said:

For you who buy veg. Do you go for frozen or fresh?

Mostly fresh. But there's nothing wrong with frozen vegetables every now and then. They're snap-frozen, so they usually don't lose any of the vitamins at all. It's even better than some of the "fresh" stuff that has been laying around for a few days. 

• Upvote 1