talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cooking

football forum

Something a bit different today. 

Gnocchi with goat's cream cheese sauce, spinach, cherry tomatoes and basil pesto.

Also the first time I made a pesto myself. It might not look like much, but it was very tasty. 

Unbenannt.png

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

gp3xgc87x3091.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I bet I can name at least a few things eaten in Germany that are very similar to England. Everywhere has bad and good food, so I always find it really sad when people hold the food they are familiar with up on a pedestal, I know so many people like this and it’s really frustrating, I know people that treat German food like you treat English food, they find it repulsive and really bland. I’ve cooked great food for people, things like sauerbraten and roulade and they act like I’m serving up a pile of slop. I don’t understand why people get so fixated on specific things to the point of myopic. The picture you posted is sad as well, because all it is doing is shaming poor people and the food they eat that is readily available and cheap. I often ate beans on toast as a kid because we were poor, it’s not nice to look at but it is quite tasty and filling for a very low cost, why should I feel bad about it because we didn’t have much money? 

currywurst - curried sausage 

schnitzel - meat cutlets

stolen -  fruit cake 

blutwurst - blood pudding

apple strudel - apple pie

Bratkartoffeln - roast potatoes with bacon

kartoffesalat - potato salad

I wouldn’t shame anyone for labskaus.

Labskaus.jpg

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Tommy said:

gp3xgc87x3091.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

You act like these are the only things that are ever eaten here :what:.

They're iconic dishes (apart from the bottom two which looks like @CaaC (John)'s lunches xD). But the food here is far from bland if people give an ounce of effort.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

Pizza was also a dish for the poor. Some nations are just culinary superior

Nonsense. Despite the fact taste is subjective, this doesn’t take into account economic, geographical, and culture factors. Not to mention they also like to eat cheese infested with maggots to break down proteins in the same country as pizza.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of economic, cultural and geographical factors in cuisine most of the popular subcontinent dishes worldwide were actually the food of the Mughal aristocracy suited for a life of soldering. That's why South Asians have high rates of diabetes and heart diseases, modern life isn't suited for that diet.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

Speaking of economic, cultural and geographical factors in cuisine most of the popular subcontinent dishes worldwide were actually the food of the Mughal aristocracy suited for a life of soldering. That's why South Asians have high rates of diabetes and heart diseases, modern life isn't suited for that diet.

It's not even a phenomenon exclusive to South-Asia. Changing diets in the Indigenous communities of Australia, Mexico, the Philippines, North America are causing a huge increase to diabetes. In Mexico some communities don't even drink water, opting for high sugar carbonated drinks instead. Unfortunately that is also linked to diseases like gout and kidney stones.

• 1 month later...
On 16/12/2022 at 18:56, Tommy said:

Glazed chicken with hoisin sauce and cashew nuts.

Unbenannt.png

Looks amazing but portion wise I'd still be hungry after that.

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

I cooked Pad Krapao yesterday. 

IMG_20221216_180107-01.jpeg

Same as above really, looks amazing but I'd need treble the amount.

• Upvote 1