What did you have for lunch today?

football forum

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Nah, the wife stews them and they have to be skinless Richmond sausages :D

How come stewed and not cooked normally?

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Stan said:

How come stewed and not cooked normally?

The wife likes them that way and so do I, even sausages stewed with gravy, onions, peas & mash, Liz will only eat skinless sausages :D

I don't mind sausages fried with a good Scottish breakfast, making me hungry now. 

Boiling and baking are the healthiest ways to cook sausage, whereas deep-frying is the least healthy due to the added fats and calories it involves.

Boiled, stewed sausages

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Liking what the wife likes even though you hate it is a sure way to remain healthy in my experience..

Nah, funny enough I hated them stewed but after a while, they are quite nice stewed, and with the doc, daughter and wife nagging me to lose weight I yielded. :D

1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

Nah, funny enough I hated them stewed but after a while, they are quite nice stewed, and with the doc, daughter and wife nagging me to lose weight I yielded. :D

That's exactly what I am talking about mate... B|

In my house I am outnumbered so it's just not worth the grief... xD

• Subscriber
On 10/05/2022 at 07:32, Coma said:

So in Canada they eat poutine, which is fries (chips) with curds topped with gravy. Our server suggested it. It was pretty tasty. 

20220509_181729.jpg

I had this a while back and was skeptical at first too but you're right its pretty tasty.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/05/2022 at 03:02, Coma said:

So in Canada they eat poutine, which is fries (chips) with curds topped with gravy. Our server suggested it. It was pretty tasty. 

20220509_181729.jpg

I used to get Gravy on chips served to me when I was in Notts.... xD also got melted cheese on chips which is actually quite tasty.. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I used to get Gravy on chips served to me when I was in Notts.... xD also got melted cheese on chips which is actually quite tasty.. 

Battered chips which I never thought was a thing until a few years ago is delicious. 

Cheesy chips are great!

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Still do that today, the wife made a hot sausage curry today and I had the curry with french fries instead of rice, went down a treat.

Just now, nudge said:

What is it? I see salad... fries? nuts?

The description on the menu was greens with aged cheddar, apples, grapes, spiced sunflower seeds, and blue agave vinaigrette.  The "fries" were actually apple slivers.

It tasted great with all the beers I had, so there's that.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Coma said:

The description on the menu was greens with aged cheddar, apples, grapes, spiced sunflower seeds, and blue agave vinaigrette.  The "fries" were actually apple slivers.

Oh look at Mr Fancy Pants there... :P 

Did you have a steak afterwards? :ph34r: xD 

3 minutes ago, Coma said:

Hope you feel good about yourself, just stealing a rabbit's food like that. :ph34r:

Nah, kidding. Looks good! Something that I should order too every now and then, but can never bring myself to actually do it. xD

Archived