• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Football League 2017/18 - 13-14th March, 2018

Recommended Posts

353.gif354.gif355.gif

all kick-offs 19.45 unless stated

Tuesday 13th March, 2018
Championship
Aston Villa vs QPR
Barnsley vs Norwich
Brentford vs Cardiff
Ipswich vs Hull
Sheff Utd vs Burton
Wolves vs Reading

League One
Blackpool vs Charlton
Bury vs Peterborough
MK Dons vs Rotherham
Rochdale vs Southend

League Two
Coventry vs Luton
Exeter vs Yeovil
Barnet vs Port Vale

Wednesday 14th March, 2018
League One
Bradford vs Wigan, 19.45

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the next six games, this is arguably season defining. Here are the next six fixtures:

 

Brentford (A)

Derby (A)

Burton (H)

Sheffield United (A)

Wolves (H)

Villa (A)

 

Our four fixtures afterwards are not good either, with Norwich (A), Forest (H), Hull (A) and Reading (H) to finish the season. My hope though is that the remaining four will have pride only to play for by that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big games for Barnsley and Brentford.

The bottom four are slightly separated from the rest, so a home fixture against Norwich is a game Barnsley should be targeting to win to separate from the other three.

As for Brentford, a win at home to Cardiff and people will have to start talking about a late playoff surge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Massive for us to take 9 points from the next three now. I knew that performance was there all season I’ve said as much many times on this forum that with the right manager I think we’re as good as Wolves at times. Saturday proved I wasn’t far off I think we can get automatic promotion if we narrow that gap to a point by tomorrow night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think we have a play off surge in us at the moment but I'd loved to be proven wrong. If we beat Cardiff it's back on as that's a real scalp and a big confidence booster, a draw would just be a pipedream and a loss will be all over for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danny said:

I don't think we have a play off surge in us at the moment but I'd loved to be proven wrong. If we beat Cardiff it's back on as that's a real scalp and a big confidence booster, a draw would just be a pipedream and a loss will be all over for me.

You pissed on us when we played you at home and if that miss went in, you'd have likely won. I expect a tough match tomorrow, especially as we tend to be shit in front of the Sky cameras.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Massive for us to take 9 points from the next three now. I knew that performance was there all season I’ve said as much many times on this forum that with the right manager I think we’re as good as Wolves at times. Saturday proved I wasn’t far off I think we can get automatic promotion if we narrow that gap to a point by tomorrow night. 

You've got the right manager, Bruce has done superbly to turn round what was a poisonous club when he took over. Think he deserves a lot more respect than your fans give him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Storts said:

You've got the right manager, Bruce has done superbly to turn round what was a poisonous club when he took over. Think he deserves a lot more respect than your fans give him. 

You mean me lol

I think now they are won over, I do think the criticism is legitimate at times.

He's made error's, the style can be a bit of a hard watch and he's taken a few  games to see what large sections of the fan base have seen but credit where it's due he's got us up there eventually. Signing Terry was a masterstroke, fazing out Gabby is another plus.

I still feel we'll need to replace him by Christmas if we go up and have ambitions to challenge again which the doctor say's we do so we'll have to wait and see. I'm climbing down of my horse i'd not sack him now until at least the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

You mean me lol

I think now they are won over, I do think the criticism is legitimate at times.

He's made error's, the style can be a bit of a hard watch and he's taken a few  games to see what large sections of the fan base have seen but credit where it's due he's got us up there eventually. Signing Terry was a masterstroke, fazing out Gabby is another plus.

I still feel we'll need to replace him by Christmas if we go up and have ambitions to challenge again which the doctor say's we do so we'll have to wait and see. I'm climbing down of my horse i'd not sack him now until at least the summer.

Ha, not just you - still think you're only one bad run from a lot turning back on him.

I agree, he's obviously not perfect, but he was exactly what you needed imo even if your fans didn't want to accept it at the time. I don't think we should underestimate what an awful situation the club was in when he took over. The new owner had alleviated some of it, but the same underlying problems were there, and players that were a real detriment to any improvement. 

Terry was a superb signing as you say. He's got Grealish playing the best football of his career, and getting Snodgrass in was a fantastic addition. The football can be attritional but ultimately it's effective and I'm fairly confident he will take you up this year.

You might be right about needing a new man in the PL but if he gets you there he definitely deserves the chance to establish you back in the league, even though there will clearly be some bumps along the way.

I like Bruce, always have, and think he's been an underrated manager in his career - I can see why others have never warmed to him, but think now we can see the job he has done turning villa around is valuable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would hardly call signing a previous multiple title winning, FA Cup and Champions League winning centre back a masterstroke 😂 You would expect some sort of return on someone like John Terry

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

You pissed on us when we played you at home and if that miss went in, you'd have likely won. I expect a tough match tomorrow, especially as we tend to be shit in front of the Sky cameras.

We've pissed on a lot of teams mate, it's funny really because if you look at everyone's form from around the 8th game of the season onwards until now, we'd sit at around 3rd/4th. In fact many sides we play end up saying we're the best side to come to their place. Now I imagine Fulham are getting that treatment and Wolves were earlier on too.

The first two months of the season hampered us massively and whilst we he have to sell to compete, having three half arsed players as well as some new recruits mixed in done us no favours.

We have the squad for a promotion challenge, we just lack a clinical striker. Hopefully Marcondes can score a couple before the seasons out and I'd like to see Judge do it too but being honest I don't think they'll be firing on all cylinders until next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marley Watkins leading the line, god help us. Easily our worst player this season. Back to his old club though... prove me wrong you useless bastard.

Really weird having such a nothing feeling towards games. This mid-table stuff is fucking awful. Ipswich have had this for 16 years xD No wonder they've stopped turning up.

Barnsley haven't won at home since early November. Along come Norwich...

1-1. Maddison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QPR take a surprise lead away at Villa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

QPR take a surprise lead away at Villa. 

Got that down for a 2-2 draw tonight... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WHERE THE FUCK DID THAT COME FROM BAMBA??? :o

YOU SEXY FUCKER!!!

1-1

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2-0 to QPR! Turn up for the books at Villa Park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stan said:

2-0 to QPR! Turn up for the books at Villa Park. 

I know it's early days but how the hell do you go from smashing Wolves to going 2-0 down against QPR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember that conversation we had yesterday @Fairy In Boots about Bruce - Please forget it, thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wolves and Sheff Utd both 2-0 up. 

Hull and Barnsley both winning which makes it interesting down at the bottom. Would be a clear 5 point gap between Barnsley and the relegation zone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely this isn't going to happen. Surely...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knew we'd lose to Cardiff, not got it in us unfortunately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Knew we'd lose to Cardiff, not got it in us unfortunately 

Got 10 minutes left and we have a habit of making things harder for ourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Got 10 minutes left and we have a habit of making things harder for ourselves.

You'll probably score a 4th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement