talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsène Wenger to Step Down at End of the Season

football forum

Brendan Rodgers has been urged to stay at Celtic by captain Scott Brown amid links between the manager and Arsenal.

Rodgers is fancied by the bookies to replace Arsene Wenger at the Emirates after the Frenchman announced he would be ending his 22-year stay at the club in the summer.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Danny said:

Please tell me Arsenal got rid of Wenger so they could get Rodgers 😂

Its part of Wenger's plan. He goes, Rodgers comes in he gets sacked Wenger comes back

1 hour ago, VanPaddy said:

That is why Rodgers is the man, plus he has Premier League experience playing good football. 

I hope not. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Said it wasn't really his decision to leave Arsenal end of the season

Oh... The well founded rumour he’s been technically sacked. Yeah, but saying this isn’t all that bad. He’s just a normal human being that wants to earn as much as he can. That’s what he really cares about and the rest is all about his pride being hurt because he thinks he’s still a great manager when in truth he’s just a has been. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Oh... The well founded rumour he’s been technically sacked. Yeah, but saying this isn’t all that bad. He’s just a normal human being that wants to earn as much as he can. That’s what he really cares about and the rest is all about his pride being hurt because he thinks he’s still a great manager when in truth he’s just a has been. 

Perhaps a has been at Arsenal now but I think he could still do a job somewhere. Just not sure where xD

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Perhaps a has been at Arsenal now but I think he could still do a job somewhere. Just not sure where xD

Of course he can do a job in many places mate. Once you’ve got a status built up in life, it gets your foot in the door to do nothing in a high profile job just because of who you are. We see it with pst Prime Ministers and cabinet ministers all the time once they’ve given up on messing people around. xD;)

He said the timing of the announcement wasn't really his decision. Not that the timing of his departure wasn't his decision.

Hope these Rodgers rumours aren't true. You deserve zero credit for winning the Scottish league with Celtic. It's nothing.

I'd be happy with Jardim, Ancelloti, Allegri or Nagelsmann. Rodgers would be a disappointing appointment.

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It’ll be Everton. 

I really do hope Everton and Arsenal end up with Van Gaal and Rodgers respectively :rofl:

Its going to be Everton because of Marcel Brands who is going to Everton as football technical director, they have worked together at AZ Alkmaar and have a great relationship.   would be funny though if Arsenal do get Rodgers which it is looking like that way. 

3 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Its going to be Everton because of Marcel Brands who is going to Everton as football technical director, they have worked together at AZ Alkmaar and have a great relationship.   would be funny though if Arsenal do get Rodgers which it is looking like that way. 

Well, I always said Arsenal fans should be careful what they wish for! 

4 hours ago, 6666 said:

He said the timing of the announcement wasn't really his decision. Not that the timing of his departure wasn't his decision.

Hope these Rodgers rumours aren't true. You deserve zero credit for winning the Scottish league with Celtic. It's nothing.

I'd be happy with Jardim, Ancelloti, Allegri or Nagelsmann. Rodgers would be a disappointing appointment.

Rodgers is a really good manager though when given a team. He had a great side with Liverpool in his first full season and improved Celtic a lot after he took over. My big critique is transfer judgement, which is absolutely shocking.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Rodgers is a really good manager though when given a team. He had a great side with Liverpool in his first full season and improved Celtic a lot after he took over. My big critique is transfer judgement, which is absolutely shocking.

We now have a technical team (at last) which has been constructed since last season. It's in tune with how clubs have been run in Europe for nearly 20 years. One of the reasons Wenger was so unhappy in recent months.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

We now have a technical team (at last) which has been constructed since last season. It's in tune with how clubs have been run in Europe for nearly 20 years. One of the reasons Wenger was so unhappy in recent months.

Let me put it this way: Rodgers is good with quality teams specifically that have a focal point. Suarez with Liverpool and Dembele with Celtic are 2 prime examples.

If you leave the transfers to someone else, I think its a good appointment and not the worst thing that can happen.

He could easily get the best out of someone like Ozil, I think.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Let me put it this way: Rodgers is good with quality teams specifically that have a focal point. Suarez with Liverpool and Dembele with Celtic are 2 prime examples.

If you leave the transfers to someone else, I think its a good appointment and not the worst thing that can happen.

He could easily get the best out of someone like Ozil, I think.

Rodgers also done most of his coaching training in Spain and knows the Latin mentality with football. To be honest it's not the preference I'd have as coach but I've always rated him highly and his Liverpool work unfortunately collapsed but it was so close to becoming something special. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, 6666 said:

Spoke to my guy at Arsenal last night - he was pushed, Gazidis asked him to go.

Said not a single player knew about it in advance, he called a meeting the night before and they all expected it to be a usual team meeting with TV's etc. but was nothing set up when they got there. He let them know at 9:45, only spoke for 2 minutes, said Per then did a speech to say they'd win the Europa for him, give him the send off he deserves etc. but there was a tweet scheduled for 9:50 which went out.

Also said there's a few players that really didn't care, will leave you to speculate. People like Maitland-Niles were gutted though.

• The title was changed to Arsenal Fans Slam 'Disgraceful' Thierry Henry After 'Snubbing' Wenger Send-Off

Archived