talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsène Wenger to Step Down at End of the Season

football forum

I would trust Sol Campbell to watch my cheese of toast under the grill while I went to the loo, nevermind any role in any football club. 

He's made himself unemployable anyways with all his bullshit.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Stan said:

You didn't get it xD

@Kitchen Salessales meant 'Mercy Arsene' should be on the Tshirts as in pleading for mercy xD xD

I did get it, it's why I used the laughter emoticon on the rep mate.  I just used it to take a further swipe at it all. There's getting it and there's getting it. :dam:

20 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Bet you were in that queue to get the 'limited edition' farewell T shirt.... that's why you know it was so long... Total sales including worldwide sympathizers roughly 2.4 million, Replica Jackets with no pockets and broken zips sales, Zero 

I would've just ordered it online in dark purple mate. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Some fans got them for free and others had to pay for the, (imagine how they selected the process for that selection)... I have no idea how much they cost mate because the queue for those for sale was massive!  

As for the grammar on "Merci". My French is quite basic and limited to just bare bones communication. Merci on its own if I remember correctly can't be used and it has to have a meaning like "beaucoup" or "Merci à toi"... Etc...

Maybe these would've been better?

"Merci bien Arsène"

"Merci infiniment Arsène"

"Merci mille fois Arsène"

"Un grand merci Arsène"

or

"Nous avons vielli ensemble, mais vous êtes plus vieux Arsène"

O.o

Merci definitely can be used on its own. xD

Your last sentence translates to "we've grown old together, but you're older". Older than what? The fans?

Vieilli*

Mais pas mal, 8/10 ! :P

Just now, ...Dan said:

Merci definitely can be used on its own. xD

Your last sentence translates to "we've grown old together, but you're older". Older than what? The fans?

Vieilli*

Mais pas mal, 8/10 ! :P

Older than everyone in the world. xD

THIERRY HENRY has been criticised by Arsenal fans for supposedly snubbing Arsene Wenger's last home game as the Gunners' boss. 

Former Arsenal superstar Thierry Henry has been slammed by Arsenal fans after appearing at Manchester City's Premier League trophy celebrations.

Henry has a contract with Sky Sports and was offering his insight during City's 0-0 draw with Huddersfield before interviewing stars on the pitch during the trophy parade.

He could of easily made it back to the end of the game considering Man city game finished early.    I do believe that Wenger and Henry have fallen out after he was sacked after a few weeks after working at Arsenal, he was told he had leave to Sky because he was criticised for slating Arsenal as a pundit and also at the time he criticised Olivier Giroud.        

Only a few players from the past made it to the game and 2 of them were already there working for the club anyway,  Gallas, Petit, Keown, Sol Campbell, Kanu, Jens Lehmann, Aliadiere, Pires, Lauren and Ljungberg were present, considering Wenger at his time for Arsenal 26% of Arsenal players in history of the club have played under Arsene Wenger.    Whether it was the club for not inviting them or for the players for not been unable to go, no one will know but its disrespectful as in the past it was one of the best Arsenal teams ever. 

45 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He was celebrating with the coach that got him to win a Champions League medal. Have some understanding guys! :ph34r:

But poor Mr Wenger should of had more support from Ex footballers, he must of felt like Mr Bean when he has his parties with just his teddy bear :( 

18 minutes ago, Panna King said:

But poor Mr Wenger should of had more support from Ex footballers, he must of felt like Mr Bean when he has his parties with just his teddy bear :( 

Talking seriously now and without jest... I'm not condoning that sort of lack of respect from ex-players because I think it doesn't cost anything to show this.  But there are way too many ex-players that feel this way about him so there must be something in it all.  A few of them actually are at Man City in one capacity or another.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Talking seriously now and without jest... I'm not condoning that sort of lack of respect from ex-players because I think it doesn't cost anything to show this.  But there are way too many ex-players that feel this way about him so there must be something in it all.  A few of them actually are at Man City in one capacity or another.

Dennis Bergkamp also didn't go and he is doing not a lot right now,  I guess Wenger is not retiring, he will get back into work after this so maybe a lot didn't think it was big deal.  Alot of old players like us have been saying he should of left a while ago, also Wenger doesn't seem to work well with former players etc.  

On 07/05/2018 at 10:14, Cannabis said:

Ouch, bet that hurt them :ph34r:

Well it is little old Bournemouth :ph34r:

21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol the same people that have been saying some horrible shit about their best manager for the last few years now claiming another former legend is disrespecting same manager.

Well, not the last few years mate. Mainly because it's been the same manager almost for the last FEW DECADES and not years. :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Well, not the last few years mate. Mainly because it's been the same manager almost for the last FEW DECADES and not years. :ph34r:

I mean in the last few years the criticism of him has been pretty over the top.

He's been your manager for the last few decades and is the best ever Arsenal manager by far.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean in the last few years the criticism of him has been pretty over the top.

He's been your manager for the last few decades and is the best ever Arsenal manager by far.

His longevity gives a great margin for trial and error on his part by comparison. But nobody (even those that wanted change since quite some time) don't deny the trophies he's brought us and the brand of football which in actual fact is totally contrary to what we were known for for decades before him. We used to be a pragmatic side before Wenger.

People fail to understand that there comes a time for an end to everything unfortunately and his time came to that finale a long time ago.

Just now, SirBalon said:

His longevity gives a great margin for trial and error on his part by comparison. But nobody (even those that wanted change since quite some time) don't deny the trophies he's brought us and the brand of football which in actual fact is totally contrary to what we were known for for decades before him. We used to be a pragmatic side before Wenger.

People fail to understand that there comes a time for an end to everything unfortunately and his time came to that finale a long time ago.

Yeah my dad loves Arsene because he took "Boring boring Arsenal" and made them an exciting team of swashbucklers.

I do agree his time at the top ran out, and I wish he'd retired after that last FA cup win tbh. It's sad to see a legend get that flak - I don't think Brian Clough, who lost the plot much worse by getting Forest relegated in his last match, got anywhere near the abuse. And they were fucking relegated.

37 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah my dad loves Arsene because he took "Boring boring Arsenal" and made them an exciting team of swashbucklers.

I do agree his time at the top ran out, and I wish he'd retired after that last FA cup win tbh. It's sad to see a legend get that flak - I don't think Brian Clough, who lost the plot much worse by getting Forest relegated in his last match, got anywhere near the abuse. And they were fucking relegated.

I've been against Wenger also but I do not agree that when Wenger put that great side together it would of been a nice gesture for him if a lot more showed up thats all.  The last several years though have just  been awful so I am not talking about that time.

• The title was changed to Arsenal Fans Slam 'Disgraceful' Thierry Henry After 'Snubbing' Wenger Send-Off
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s true about Clough, but Clough had gone senile and everyone knows this. Just another mark of maintaining an ultimate legend like Wenger has been as manager for Arsenal.

But remember this mate... Brian Clough made a relatively unknown club like Nottingham Forest around the world into the Champions of Europe in a time when there were many great clubs. 

28 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It’s true about Clough, but Clough had gone senile and everyone knows this. Just another mark of maintaining an ultimate legend like Wenger has been as manager for Arsenal.

But remember this mate... Brian Clough made a relatively unknown club like Nottingham Forest around the world into the Champions of Europe in a time when there were many great clubs. 

That is why Arsenal might have trouble getting a big name coach, it isn't a big pedigree club in Europe, Arsenal have done nothing in Europe at all, which is very sad. 

However, Wenger believes that his fellow Frenchman can’t hold this role while criticising the north Londoners on Sky – where he earns £4 million-a-year.

Disparaging comments about current Arsenal forward Olivier Giroud from way back in April 2015 are thought to have begun Wenger’s grievances with Henry’s TV role

Archived