talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ricardo Pereira Signs For Leicester City

Let's be honest, you can't really call Trent a right back. He's more of a playmaker playing on the right. He's basically how I imagine Steven Gerrard would have been if he'd spent longer than he actually did at right back. He's that good at what he does. Some of his switching of the play is unreal. That ball to Robertson (with his left foot) against Man City for Salah's goal was ridiculous.

I think Pereira is probably more of your up and down traditional wing back. Even though he plays on the left, Robertson is probably a better comparison in terms of style of play

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
7 hours ago, Stan said:

The disclaimer being that both players are having fantastic seasons and both fit each other's clubs perfectly for the tactics they employ. 

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

To be fair I think both players fit their respective clubs perfectly as in the way they play. 

There's an echo in here. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Danny said:

What about now? Literally has nothing to do with what I was saying does it? xD

Well it does. You said I couldn't cast an opinion on a player because (you thought) I hadn't seen him play.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Let's be honest, you can't really call Trent a right back. He's more of a playmaker playing on the right. He's basically how I imagine Steven Gerrard would have been if he'd spent longer than he actually did at right back. He's that good at what he does. Some of his switching of the play is unreal. That ball to Robertson (with his left foot) against Man City for Salah's goal was ridiculous.

I think Pereira is probably more of your up and down traditional wing back. Even though he plays on the left, Robertson is probably a better comparison in terms of style of play

I think that’s pretty accurate 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Well it does. You said I couldn't cast an opinion on a player because (you thought) I hadn't seen him play.

No I made a jovial comment saying you shouldn’t get excited over someone you’ve never seen play and apparently it’s still got your back up xD

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

No I made a jovial comment saying you shouldn’t get excited over someone you’ve never seen play and apparently it’s still got your back up xD

xD no it hasn't. Why did you think I'd never seen him play anyway?

Also, I only picked it up cos Dan said it was a fun read. I genuinely didn't remember anything about it until Dan said that.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, LFCMike said:

That's a fair shout to be honest. He's a lot more similar a player to Robertson than TAA.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Gutter 'journalism', we paid about £17mil for him and he's become one of the best right backs in the league in that period. Why in gods name are we taking thirty for him?

It will take more than double that. I hope.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Gutter 'journalism', we paid about £17mil for him and he's become one of the best right backs in the league in that period. Why in gods name are we taking thirty for him?

It will take more than double that. I hope.

£50m minimum and probably close to maximum too

Archived