talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Serious rumours surrounding Paulinho possibly returning to China and Guangzhou Evergrande:o

@El Profesor what do you know of this?

For 50 million they are saying, so hopefully it's true. Barcelona need better than him, let's be honest. He had a bright start to his Barcelona stint, but has since been very poor.

I think the club need to start looking at higher quality players if their intentions are to win the Champions league.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Serious rumours surrounding Paulinho possibly returning to China and Guangzhou Evergrande:o

@El Profesor what do you know of this?

The same as you guys. So far in Brazil, they´re only quoting Mundo Deportivo about the rumors of a return to China. 

If the offer really exists, you definitely should take the money. 

7 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Bechler confirming Paulinho said yes to a return to China. 

If Paulinho goes then I'm sure the Barça fans will thank him for the various occasions that he saved the team with his goals coming in from deep.  Plus everything I've heard and read on comments from the Barça players is that he's a fantastic human being and a professional!

I'd forgotten Cannavaro was also in that league. Shows something though...

Thank You Paulinho for your commitment to your one and only season in Spanish football. Your work isn't forgotten in a marvellous double winning season!

Now Barça can keep Yerry Mina if they want to, even with the arrival of Arthur. 

On Paulinho, well, he at least proved he´s not the worst player in the world, like many fans acted when he arrived at Barça. And he´ll be able to tell his grandchildren he played for Barça with Messi and Iniesta and won a double. Not bad. 

I´m not a fan of his football, but I recognize he´s a decent player.

• Upvote 1

On 07/07/2018 at 09:42, SirBalon said:

If Paulinho goes then I'm sure the Barça fans will thank him for the various occasions that he saved the team with his goals coming in from deep.  Plus everything I've heard and read on comments from the Barça players is that he's a fantastic human being and a professional!

At the same time though, the club need better quality players than him to continue progressing, so it's a good deal all round. As you say he was a likeable character and at first looked similar to the Keita signing, although it was shortlived and he was awful in the second half of the season. 

Now to get rid of Digne and Andre Gomes. Time to ship out the junk and bring in better players to improve the depth. 

Arthur is on his way, which is a big plus. Let's hope it works out as it doesn't always. 

As for young players. Oriol Busquets now has a 200 million clause in his contract. That is the type of direction the club need to be going in. Himself, Aleña and Cucurella potentially have what it takes to be the future of the club. 

Edited by The Rebel CRS

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

Now Barça can keep Yerry Mina if they want to, even with the arrival of Arthur. 

I actually forgot about that. But this is great news as Yerry is class. Anyone judging him on one game against Levante when he had barely played and was thrown into the deep end are overreacting. He deserves a chance and needs a proper run in the side. I'd have him in my line up over Pique at this point. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Can’t believe Paulinho had a season at Barca, and didn’t look completely out place. It’s like he was a competition winner and got to spend a year with Messi and co

I think the lack of intensity and need for 100% commitment in La Liga helped him. His biggest problem was a complete lack of bottle and I don’t think that’s shown up as badly in league where even the worse teams try to play football. 

14 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I'll miss Paulinho, what a gem he turned out to be. A real thorn both in attack and defence which nobody could have predicted. 

As @The Rebel CRS has already said, Gomes and Digne should be the next out (although I do think the latter has something about him) along with Paco who's never going to be anything but a bit-part player.

Yeah he did a lot better than expected in the first half of the season and looked a real good box to box midfielder, but it was short lived and he ended up becoming a player where everytime he entered the field you thought "surely Barcelona have better options than this?" him going back to China is for the best. He will be remembered more for his good services and important goals if he goes now as I think he would struggle a lot next season.

What is the news on Aleña's injury @SirBalon?

8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

FC Barcelona have officially announced the departure of Paulinho to Guangzhou Evergrande for the sum of €50m.  Barça have thanked Paulinho for his services during his one season at the club!

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

22 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

The next signing looks to be Rabiot. What do you think of him Riccy?

Very good player, Chris. He´s a rich man´s André Gomes, tall, a bit slow and not great defensively, but when he has the ball, he´s a great player to watch. Good, smart passer, technically way above average.  

The real problem for him is not talent, but maturity and his entourage. If you guys thought dealing with Neymar Pai was tough, wait until you deal with Rabiot´s mom, Véronique. xD

14 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Very good player, Chris. He´s a rich man´s André Gomes, tall, a bit slow and not great defensively, but when he has the ball, he´s a great player to watch. Good, smart passer, technically way above average.  

The real problem for him is not talent, but maturity and his entourage. If you guys thought dealing with Neymar Pai was tough, wait until you deal with Rabiot´s mom, Véronique. xD

I heard a story about Rabiot wanting to or contemplating renouncing playing for France. What's in that mate?

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I heard a story about Rabiot wanting to or contemplating renouncing playing for France. What's in that mate?

He was very angry about not being part of the french squad and sent a letter to FFF asking to remove him from the reserve list. 

24 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

He was very angry about not being part of the french squad and sent a letter to FFF asking to remove him from the reserve list. 

This isn't the first time this has happened with French players which is why I asked you.  In recent times Theo Hernández renounced his France eligibility and I know historically French Basque and French Catalan players have done the same.