talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, El_Loco said:

Oye, cálmate, El Cid! Ni todos los moros son terroristas. xD Seriously though, I think it makes a lot of sense to gulf investors to put their money in european football, they know that this is an industry on the growth and when the oil inevitably ends, they´ll own teams with an established fan base and worldwide reach. They´re smart. 

Have you read this Duncan Castles article? https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-meet-lionel-messi-11021687 He brings some very good points, especially the fact that Messi has not oficially signed his new contract and that he could move for free next year. I think it can happen, Balon, and I understand why he´d want to leave Barcelona, this board hasn´t shown they´re capable to build a team good enough to fight for titles.

No es el Cid, es el Apostol Santiago... xD

Claro que no todos los moros son terroristas, nadie ha dicho eso.  Pero lo que si lo son, que sepan que la paciencia ya se ha terminado y que ya no hay preguntas que hacerles.  Y los que no lo son...  Calladítos! Que así se les ve un pelín más guapos. :)

I haven't read that article but I've read similar things in the past even when ridiculous satires like this one weren't a part of it.  Stories revolving his departure have been circling for a long time and nothing has ever come of it.  He has an agreement for his contract renewal and Messi isn't the type to be a traitorous scumbag due to the history he has at the club.  But then again I wouldn't blame him if he was sick and tired of this board and that he wants guarantees for the future of the team and its competitiveness.  Because what he wants above all else is to win!

FC Barcelona have gone through much bigger depressions than this one throughout their history...  They got over those and they'll get over this one because they're just too big.

As for Arab money in football...  Yeah!  They have to legitimise their objectives somehow.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Gutted to be missing this, two goals with only one on target from what I can see on Livescore? Sounds as though Barça are edging a close game which is brilliant after the Super Cup disappointment. 

How they doing @SirBalon @The Rebel CRS?

Very intense in the first half and have let themselves go in the second period (gone down the gears).

Messi has hit the woodwork a couple of times and there's been chances.  Betis have also had a couple themselves.  You can't take too much from this game though... For me man of the match has been Sergi Roberto by a distance.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Thanks mate, happy to hear about Sergi Roberto especially! Promising signs considering it's the first "proper" game.

I think here it's all about confidence after the traumatic past month the club have had coupled with the Supercopa against Real Madrid.

Loved the tribute to the city of Barcelona in the match yesterday. Tots Som Barcelona. 

The performance of the team in the match was also promising, Nelson Semedo looks the real deal! Thank you to Arsenal for refusing to sell us Hector Bellerin, because Semedo is a real talent. Hopefully he can continue on this trend and improve even more. I must say though, I had forgotten what it felt like to have an actual Right Back...it feels great

Sergi Roberto and Deulofeu were good as well, Denis looked really up for it when he came on and I think against Alaves on Saturday it should be him and Deulofeu starting on the wings. Messi, of course, put in a top notch display yet again but was incredibly unlucky to hit the woodwork three times. Better luck on Saturday, Leo.

It was fantastic to see the pressing and midfield dominance back in effect after it suddenly went missing against Madrid

Special mention to Mascherano for that last ditch tackle that prevented 1-1 and which 2-0 directly materialized from!

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but from what I've seen of Semedo, he's got everything required to be one of the best right backs in the world. Barcelona have lacked a young right back like him for about 4 years, given how poor Alves often was towards the end of his stint and him not being replaced since his departure. As I said though, I don't want to get carried away, as he needs to continue those performance first, although I don't see why he won't. He can only get better in my opinion. He was the best player on the pitch yesterday but special mentions also to Sergi Roberto and Umtiti, who pushed him for man of the match.

Speaking of Sergi Roberto, he could really be the answer to one of the problems in midfield. It appears as though he's finally getting a chance in his more natural role and I believe he will thrive in it.

It was a better performance than I thought it would have been to be honest and should have been a few more than 2-0. But there is certainly a lot of improvements to be made still, and a few additions are still needed.

4 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but from what I've seen of Semedo, he's got everything required to be one of the best right backs in the world. Barcelona have lacked a young right back like him for about 4 years, given how poor Alves often was towards the end of his stint and him not being replaced since his departure. As I said though, I don't want to get carried away, as he needs to continue those performance first, although I don't see why he won't. He can only get better in my opinion. He was the best player on the pitch yesterday but special mentions also to Sergi Roberto and Umtiti, who pushed him for man of the match.

Speaking of Sergi Roberto, he could really be the answer to one of the problems in midfield. It appears as though he's finally getting a chance in his more natural role and I believe he will thrive in it.

It was a better performance than I thought it would have been to be honest and should have been a few more than 2-0. But there is certainly a lot of improvements to be made still, and a few additions are still needed.

Semedo looks class. Proper footballing defender. 

• Upvote 1

Some of the Barça players when quizzed on the Paulinho signing have said that he is different to anything else in the squad.  Iniesta said, "We've never had anything like him before and could bring us some other needs in certain games".  To that I can only assume Iniesta is talking about a plan 'b' which Barcelona doesn't tend to have apart form at times playing more vertical and direct.  What I mean is obviously closing up shop in certain games by putting Paulinho to partner Busquets in midfield.  Last season Luis Enrique tried and tried again to use this tool by putting André Gomes in that position and it never worked.  I get why he did it because André is physically imposing and a big player with good technical ability...  But his distribution at times failed him! Rakitić has also played there and he would have ups and downs in that position, sometimes in the very same game.

So maybe it's that.  Because what's for sure is that I can't recollect that type of player at Barça in my lifetime although maybe there has been one or more but I haven't racked my brain too much about it.  It is weird though!

37 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Some of the Barça players when quizzed on the Paulinho signing have said that he is different to anything else in the squad.  Iniesta said, "We've never had anything like him before and could bring us some other needs in certain games".  To that I can only assume Iniesta is talking about a plan 'b' which Barcelona doesn't tend to have apart form at times playing more vertical and direct.  What I mean is obviously closing up shop in certain games by putting Paulinho to partner Busquets in midfield.  Last season Luis Enrique tried and tried again to use this tool by putting André Gomes in that position and it never worked.  I get why he did it because André is physically imposing and a big player with good technical ability...  But his distribution at times failed him! Rakitić has also played there and he would have ups and downs in that position, sometimes in the very same game.

So maybe it's that.  Because what's for sure is that I can't recollect that type of player at Barça in my lifetime although maybe there has been one or more but I haven't racked my brain too much about it.  It is weird though!

I think Paulinho is indeed different from what Barcelona midfielders, André Gomes included. Gomes is really slow,  like Ganso, he is a class, elegant player but his football simply doesn´t belong to this era, because he´s just too slow. Paulinho will add physical strenght and pace,  his pass is not great, but he will accelerate and drive the team forward, also having some decent finishing for a player of his position. 

Honestly, I have no idea if Paulinho will succeed in Barcelona and like I´d have signed Matuidi before him but yes, he brings a different element to this team. He will probably fight with Rakitic for a starting position. Considering how bad Rakitic has been since last year, he could win it.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

I think Paulinho is indeed different from what Barcelona midfielders, André Gomes included. Gomes is really slow,  like Ganso, he is a class, elegant player but his football simply doesn´t belong to this era, because he´s just too slow. Paulinho will add physical strenght and pace,  his pass is not great, but he will accelerate and drive the team forward, also having some decent finishing for a player of his position. 

Honestly, I have no idea if Paulinho will succeed in Barcelona and like I´d have signed Matuidi before him but yes, he brings a different element to this team. He will probably fight with Rakitic for a starting position. Considering how bad Rakitic has been since last year, he could win it.

You know quite a bit about Ligue1 mate...

I think you probably fathom what I'm going to ask, but what about Jean Seri?

I know of him but I have to be honest, I think I watched two Ligue1 games last season and none of them were Nice games.  Is this a signing Barça should be going for?  The whole thing revolves around an interview Xavi gave to The New York Times a couple of months back even though the Barça technical staff (Robert Fernández namely) swear it has nothing to do with what Xavi said.  But seeing as this bunch of people are some of the most incompetent in the history of the club...  Well, since Joan Gaspart's reign and the ones he had doing the signings then...  I don't know what to believe.

Edited by SirBalon

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I think you probably fathom what I'm going to ask, but what about Jean Seri?

I know of him but I have to be honest, I think I watched two Ligue1 games last season and none of them were Nice games.  Is this a signing Barça should be going for?  The whole thing revolves around an interview Xavi gave to The New York Times a couple of months back even though the Barça technical staff (Robert Fernández namely) swear it has nothing to do with what Xavi said.  But seeing as this bunch of people are some of the most incompetent in the history of the club...  Well, since Joan Gaspart's reign and the ones he had doing the signings then...  I don't know what to believe.

Seri is very dynamic, smart player. He is small, but he is everywhere and has a good pass. 

For a professional evaluation of Seri, watch this video : 

• Thanks 1

There are strong reports linking Barcelona to that cretin Di Maria now as a Neymar replacement.

Di Maria is not the answer and it makes the club look like a joke by signing such an utter clown like that.  Selling PSG one of the world's best, and then buying one of their cast offs, doing them a favour so that they can balance their books and buy a top young talent such as Mpabbe makes the club look like a laughing stock

Why would they sign him? What next? Ozil and Pepe? Make the club look an even bigger joke and buy even more Real Madrid cast offs.

Signing Di Maria would have made sense years ago when he was playing for Benfica, but not anyone. It's just pure desperation.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

9 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

There are strong reports linking Barcelona to that cretin Di Maria now as a Neymar replacement.

Di Maria is not the answer and it makes the club look like a joke by signing such an utter clown like that.  Selling PSG one of the world's best, and then buying one of their cast offs, doing them a favour so that they can balance their books and buy a top young talent such as Mpabbe makes the club look like a laughing stock

Why would they sign him? What next? Ozil and Pepe? Make the club look an even bigger joke and buy even more Real Madrid cast offs.

Signing Di Maria would have made sense years ago when he was playing for Benfica, but not anyone. It's just pure desperation.

Barca love signing Ozil on career mode in Fifa. Put John Terry up for sale and they wanted him too xD

Just now, Cicero said:

Barca love signing Ozil on career mode in Fifa. Put John Terry up for sale and they wanted him too xD

Neymar always used to want to leave my Barcelona team funnily enough and forced a move on one career mode. He was "home sick", so went to Bayern Munich :ph34r:

It is actually amazing how much crap both Barcelona and Real buy on career mode on fifa. United always seem to buy loads of strikers on mine as well.

16 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Ricardinho knows about pretty much every league.

@El_Loco, do you think Yerry Mina would succeed at Barcelona mate? He is another player who interests the club alot. I've been impressed by him when I've seen him, although I haven't watched him as much as you will have given that he plays for your team out in Brazil, Palmeiras.

11 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Neymar always used to want to leave my Barcelona team funnily enough and forced a move on one career mode. He was "home sick", so went to Bayern Munich :ph34r:

It is actually amazing how much crap both Barcelona and Real buy on career mode on fifa. United always seem to buy loads of strikers on mine as well.

Took a picture and posted it on the FIfa thread a couple months ago. During my Chelsea career mode, within 2 seasons United had Ibrahimovic, Lukaku, Dybala, Griezmann, Aubameyang, Lacazette, and Rashford 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Took a picture and posted it on the FIfa thread a couple months ago. During my Chelsea career mode, within 2 seasons United had Ibrahimovic, Lukaku, Dybala, Griezmann, Aubameyang, Lacazette, and Rashford 

Then they still put bids in for your strikers as well xD

Valdes

Alves -- Pique -- Puyol -- Abidal

Iniesta -- Busquets -- Xavi

Messi - whichever 2 partnered him that season

You've got to miss that team, even if you dislike Barcelona. It was just perfect!

This time Neymar who visited Barcelona today to be with his now previous teammates at Barça, posted this Instagram... "Se Queda" (He stays) xD

This one above he's titled "Amigos" (Friends)

This one Messi posted on his own Instagram and is quite ironic and taking the piss to be honest... "Volvió" (He returned) xD

Edited by SirBalon