talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wilfried Zaha - Chelsea & Spurs Linked

• Administrator
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Are you being serious?

Not that I’m questioning it if you are. But there are Arsenal fans that really want this signing to happen and I am really lost. I can genuinely say that I do see one single grain of positive sand in the possibility at all. Nothing, niente, nada, nichts, rien, 何もない

I'd rather have Richarlison than Zaha to be honest.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Are you being serious?

Not that I’m questioning it if you are. But there are Arsenal fans that really want this signing to happen and I am really lost. I can genuinely say that I do see one single grain of positive sand in the possibility at all. Nothing, niente, nada, nichts, rien, 何もない

Zaha is a good player but I wouldn't say he's significantly better than Richarlison if at all. Certainly Richarlison was the more productive of the two last season.

Mainly, I just think it would be absolutely insane spending that much money for a player who would go into direct competition in a position where one of if not our best player already plays.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.2f4641a739b045e50609a867712f3996.png

Former Crystal Palace striker Clinton Morrison expects Ivory Coast forward Wilfried Zaha, 26, to remain at Selhurst Park this season, despite interest from Arsenal and Bayern Munich. (Talksport)

Arsenal is still some way off Crystal Palace's £80m valuation for Zaha, with the Selhurst Park club having rebuffed the latest approaches. (Independent)

• Subscriber

Apparently we're really going for this one. Opening bid of £55m willing to go as high as £70m. Really ridiculous from us when we have about 4 gaps in the squad that need filling and this is arguably not even one of them, certainly not the most urgent. Hopefully Bayern blow us out of the water or Zaha says he's not arsed about moving to a team that aren't playing in Europe.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Apparently we're really going for this one. Opening bid of £55m willing to go as high as £70m. Really ridiculous from us when we have about 4 gaps in the squad that need filling and this is arguably not even one of them, certainly not the most urgent. Hopefully Bayern blow us out of the water or Zaha says he's not arsed about moving to a team that aren't playing in Europe.

I’m as lost as you are. I don’t get any of this at all. Maybe we’ve missed something.

Everton dont need Zaha. Zaha doesn't need Everton. Absolute non runner.

I think hes screwed to be honest. Max Meyer signed a three year deal so we may need to sell next summer, Luka Milivojevic may be a free agent too, with the players leaving he may be needed for a further two seasons. Then after that, would anybody want him approaching 30?

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Everton dont need Zaha. Zaha doesn't need Everton. Absolute non runner.

I think hes screwed to be honest. Max Meyer signed a three year deal so we may need to sell next summer, Luka Milivojevic may be a free agent too, with the players leaving he may be needed for a further two seasons. Then after that, would anybody want him approaching 30?

What's your opinion on his performances last season? I hardly saw any Palace from what I can remember, but his numbers seemed to dip a bit?

Hope you're right anyway, seems to be getting a lot of traction with the papers though.

If you are bidding over £50m for a player, then it has got to be because they are an essential buy for your team and you go all in to get what you need. E.G Liverpool and Van Dijk.

If Everton desperately need Zaha, then its worth whatever the price is.

But if they are choosing to ignore more important positions as a result, its not good business for me.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

If you are bidding over £50m for a player, then it has got to be because they are an essential buy for your team and you go all in to get what you need. E.G Liverpool and Van Dijk.

If Everton desperately need Zaha, then its worth whatever the price is.

But if they are choosing to ignore more important positions as a result, its not good business for me.

My blue mates think their biggest issue is at centre forward

• Subscriber

At the moment we have Coleman, Keane, Holgate and Mina to cover right back and centre back positions which is a disaster right now in terms of depth. Our striking options are Calvert-Lewin, Tosun and Niasse. The manager has said if Gueye leaves he will also need replacing.

After those priorities, you can look at wide forwards. We could do with a boy to replace Lookman, preferably a first choice for the right hand side, but if we only have the time and money to get certain amount of business done then we can get by with Bernard on the left and Richarlison on the right with Walcott backup for the foreseeable future.

I still dont see the point of Zaha leaving Palace for Everton either. Massive fee hanging over his head, the manager's golden boy Richarlison already first choice for his ideal position on the left of an attacking three, no European football this season at least. Is it really worth abandoning his home club for that?

If it does go through I can at least comfort myself with the memory of me thinking all this about Sigurdsson, that we didn't need him and we were paying too much, and I have been proven completely wrong on that one.

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

My blue mates think their biggest issue is at centre forward

Same. One of my friends heard this Zaha rumour and said “what?!? Can’t we put that money towards a decent striker or two??”

I actually think Zaha would be very good at Everton. But yeah, I don’t think he’s what they need for that price.

• Subscriber

Could be that they're committing to Richarlison as a centre forward and Zaha to take his place as a wide player. I doubt it though as there are strong rumours we're about to finalise the Moise Kean deal in the next few days. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Could be that they're committing to Richarlison as a centre forward and Zaha to take his place as a wide player. I doubt it though as there are strong rumours we're about to finalise the Moise Kean deal in the next few days. 

Would Richarlison or Kean be good enough to get you pushing for where you want to be though?

(Not doubting their qualities, but are they enough as an out-and-out forward for the season?)

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Stan said:

Would Richarlison or Kean be good enough to get you pushing for where you want to be though?

(Not doubting their qualities, but are they enough as an out-and-out forward for the season?)

I prefer not to play Richarlison as an out and out striker. Kean has some good numbers but hasn't played many games, I've never seen him play so I don't know.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Everton should sign Ben Yedder, imo. Underrated striker, in his prime years, the reported prices I've seen in various transfer rumours is actually really low considering the quality. His goal record for Sevilla isn't the greatest (which actually surprised me because whenever I see him play, I think he's one of their better players - but maybe there's stuff I'm missing in the matches where I don't see him play), but I think he'd be a big improvement up front compared to your current crop of strikers.

But honestly, if you've got that kind of money to drop on Zaha, you could go for some more prolific strikers across Europe probably. You'd also get to keep Richarlison where I think he's more effective for you. But Zaha with Richarlison up front wouldn't be bad.

22 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

What's your opinion on his performances last season? I hardly saw any Palace from what I can remember, but his numbers seemed to dip a bit?

Hope you're right anyway, seems to be getting a lot of traction with the papers though.

He improved as the season went on but he wasnt as good as the previous season. Which in a way was a half blessing for us as it stopped us from being so one dimensional.

The traction from the papers seemed to have started from Kaveh Solhekol, who when he is not sniffing Boris bikes enjoys doing all he can to hype up Wilfried Zaha leaving Crystal Palace. His mate Jim White usually laps up any of his sources about an hour later. To me theres a conflict of interest given these are Sky pundits essentially swaying the betting market that involves Sky Bet. However that's a debate for another topic.

As a bid, the only logical explanation I can think of is that Brands and Silva see Richarlison's long term future as a complete forward so that Zaha can start on the wing. Ironically I would have taken £60m plus Lookman, but I assume Lookman must have only wanted to join one team. We have been interested in Tosun and McCarthy for the last three summers so theres a small hope that a deal can be agreed with them.

Losing Zaha and AWB in one transfer window seemed like a disaster three months ago, but the more I think about it the more I'm worried we may not see a ready made replacement available like Alain Saint-Maximin in a years time. It's a big decision for our board to make if somebody can come up with the funds. The dream would be 50m plus Batshuayi with Zaha on loan for a year from Chelsea but I cant see that happening.

• Subscriber

Too much smoke for there not to be fire on this now. Time to stop crying about how much money we might spend here and just look forward to the possibility of us signing a very good player who could easily play for sides in European competition.

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Too much smoke for there not to be fire on this now. Time to stop crying about how much money we might spend here and just look forward to the possibility of us signing a very good player who could easily play for sides in European competition.

He will be a marvelous signing if you get him, I wouldn’t worry about the money.

I can’t believe I’m actually a bit jealous of a potential Everton signing. Like I know we’ve got better wingers, but if we had Zaha we’d have City like depth for our wingers (well not quite City like, maybe if we had 2-3 of him).

He’s an excellent player and one of the best wingers in the country, so that’s why he’ll cost so much 

2 hours ago, ... said:

Can't blame him for wanting out at Palace. Not sure if it's what we need though.

From what has been said I dont think Wilf wants this transfer either. Even his brother is keeping quiet. The only person that wants this transfer is Kaveh.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.515afb45837eb7e8dee1819da0c7f86f.png

Crystal Palace has turned down an offer from Everton for Ivory Coast winger Wilfried Zaha. (Mail)

The Toffees have made a £55m cash-only bid for Zaha, with no players offered in exchange to their Premier League rivals. (Sky Sports)

Palace wants £60m upfront for the 26-year-old and also have concerns about how Everton want to structure the payments in any potential deal.(Mirror) 

• The title was changed to Wilfried Zaha - Chelsea & Spurs Linked
  • The topic was locked

Archived