The better place to talk football.

Group B Matchday 1 - 15 June

football forums

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Are the letterings for the country abbreviations all in that weird font everywhere, like worldwide? Telemundo and Fox both have it. And I got a snapchat from a friend watching from the Czech Republic and they've got the same font.

yeah, some Russian style typeface.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Are the letterings for the country abbreviations all in that weird font everywhere, like worldwide? Telemundo and Fox both have it. And I got a snapchat from a friend watching from the Czech Republic and they've got the same font.

The same here. Like this, right?

fifa-world-cup-2018-font-scores.jpg

Your observation made me curious and I went to research: 

The FIFA World Cup 2018 is using a custom font, known as Dusha, in both its logo and broadcast graphics.

Dusha. which translates to “spirit,” was designed by Brandia Central in 2014, when the look for the 2018 FIFA World Cup was first announced. 

Though the thick strokes are indicative of the perhaps stereotypical Russian typeface look, the curved accents seem to likely be inspired, again somewhat stereotypically, by the Asian continent as a whole.

https://www.newscaststudio.com/2018/06/15/fifa-world-cup-font-2018/

Just now, Machado said:

I appreciate the hilarity-o-meter but I wasn't trying to amuse you.

What was the point of the post then? These 2 teams have quality players too, so I don't see why you insist in posting shite.

Omid coming off for Montazeri isn't just a substitution for injury - it's a tactical shift, bringing on a defender for a midfielder. Probably for the best because this tactical surprise at the beginning has failed. Probably asking too much of these players to be super adaptable.

Great save there, and Morocco almost score again in the resulting corner.

Just now, Blue said:

What was the point of the post then? These 2 teams have quality players too, so I don't see why you insist in posting shite.

I see plenty of quality players indeed. It's a shame they all seem to be sitting on the bench.

Just now, Machado said:

I see plenty of quality players indeed. It's a shame they all seem to be sitting on the bench.

Ziyech, Benatia, Azmoun, Alireza, Belhanda, and Ghobbos all have something about them.

Shame you won't believe me because of your weird dislike towards me.

Just now, Machado said:

Iran have just about 3 decent players, I'd say. Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun, and Haji Safi. But the rest of the quality of the side is pretty poor - the Persian league isn't great and that's where most of the players are from. I don't think a few good players can really do much to lift a side that's just bog standard - it's not realistic.

Having said that, I wasn't expecting Iran to be this poor. But it's typical Iran, always very good against the Asian sides... but against anyone else they play like dogshit.

Archived