talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group B Matchday 1 - 15 June

football forums

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With everybody looking forward to the late game. I imagine it will be a game where Spain have lots of possession but Portugal are structured enough defensively to hold it. Could be an underwhelming day given the other two teams are better at defending too.

18 hours ago, Cannabis said:

The Morocco and Iran game will be intersting as both teams need to win. Neither will want to go up against Spain or Portugal needing to take maximum points. 

Good point that. I forgot Hakim Ziyech chose to represent Morocco. He could be the differential.

On 6/9/2018 at 08:20, Cannabis said:

The Morocco and Iran game will be intersting as both teams need to win. Neither will want to go up against Spain or Portugal needing to take maximum points. 

I actually think the winner of Morocco - Iran will go through. Portugal vs Iran is a nailed on 0-0, as is vs Morocco. Spain will probably beat them too. I can see them being disappointing in this tournament.

• Subscriber

Going to miss Morocco v Iran sadly. I say sadly in a deadly serious way as well, these kinds of games can often be decent, anyone who fails to win in the game is basically out. With them only conceding a goal between them in qualifying, I expected this to be a banker 0-0 draw, but I think a draw won't do either much good in this game so they'll be forced to attack.

Spain v Portugal is just impossible to call. I'll be annoyed if Spain win convincingly though as that'll mean they've overcome a real test early doors in spite of all the bollocks that's happened with them lately - meaning my decision to cash out on them winning the trophy may be a wrong one.

Ah my god the World Cup. I absolutely love it.

I'll be missing Spain vs Portugal. Same time as the class I missed the last 2 weeks. Feel like that's the second WC that's happened, I missed Netherlands vs Spain last time. If this ends in a thrashing I'll be pissed.

I'm usually realistic about our chances, in any tournament. 

I was confident of a good result before the Lopetegui saga. But now, I'm confident it's our game to lose.

It's without arrogance that I say that we'll win this one. 2-0

I can see it already - Uruguay is going to try and provoke a Salah injury tomorrow. They are a very indirectly provocative. Think of the Suarez bite on Chiellini a few years ago. 

• Administrator

Missing Spain vs Portugal as at a leaving do for 3 people at work. Hopefully we're done with the meal quick and find a pub for the 2nd half 

I'm a bit worried this will end 0-0. In the qualifiers, neither of them conceded many goals. Actually I think Morocco didn't concede any.

Both teams are VERY defensive. I've not watched Morocco any time lately, I'm basing that off their qualification statistics. But Iran play like a low budget Portugal.

Chances are high that this will be an ugly match.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Fun fact: my family always sung the pre-revolution Iranian national anthem for the Iran football matches over the new one. So I'm doing that now.

Didn't know you were Iranian. 

My Mom's side of the family only sings the words to the pre-revolution Russian National Anthem. 

Just now, Eco said:

Didn't know you were Iranian. 

My Mom's side of the family only sings the words to the pre-revolution Russian National Anthem. 

Yeah I'm half on my mum's side. Right before the revolution she left with her brother to live with her aunt who was living in exile in England. Shortly after, their parents and another brother (older than them by a bit though- he lives in Tehran now, but he's lived all over the place; cool guy) followed along with a lot of the rest my family.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah I'm half on my mum's side. Right before the revolution she left with her brother to live with her aunt who was living in exile in England. Shortly after, their parents and another brother (older than them by a bit though- he lives in Tehran now, but he's lived all over the place; cool guy) followed along with a lot of the rest my family.

Very interesting. 

So are you cheering for Iran or do you not give a shit? 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Very interesting. 

So are you cheering for Iran or do you not give a shit? 

Yeah I'm cheering them on, I've always liked their national team - even though it's not very good lol. But if they were playing England, I'd want England to destroy them.

Archived