talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group B Matchday 1 - 15 June

football forum

Right finally time for a proper game after the shit that's been on show.

I think Spain's lack of world class striker will be their downfall. Costa will be able to bully some sides but Pepe and Fonte should be able to handle him.

WHy is Nacho starting ahead of Carvahjal or even Azpi?

Come on CR7. Cement yourself as the GOAT

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more confident this time than I was the last two times we faced Spain. We have a more experienced side while theirs is less than it was. With the amount of talent they've got though, you never know.

13 minutes ago, Marc said:

Right finally time for a proper game after the shit that's been on show.

I think Spain's lack of world class striker will be their downfall. Costa will be able to bully some sides but Pepe and Fonte should be able to handle him.

WHy is Nacho starting ahead of Carvahjal or even Azpi?

Come on CR7. Cement yourself as the GOAT

I guess Carvajal is still injured.

Nacho is a decent player, anyways. Somewhat limited, but extremely poised.

Forecast: portugal wins 2-0.

If Spain represents 'total football' and has a well established philosphy amongst it's set up, why on god's green earth are they starting Costa? On what basis? Iago Aspas checks all the boxes for a striker that beautifully fits their system. 

Nothing pisses me off more when national teams start names ahead of players that actually fit the fucking system. 

12 minutes ago, Asura said:

Day 2: The Europeans are still crying about the quality of Asian football teams in the world cup :ph34r:

Iran just won their second ever match in a World Cup without even having a shot in the second half. That's infinite shot accuracy statistics! And they say Asian teams are shite.

1 minute ago, Kowabunga said:

I think the key is if the Portugal midfielders get to disrupt the Spanish ones. I think they will.

Difficult to predict. Spain have the creativity but intensity is important in these. Portugal vs Spain are usually very close. 0-0 and 1-0 to Spain the last two wasn't it? Expect nothing but a good game here.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived