• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
Bluebird Hewitt

E3 2018

Recommended Posts

Actually almost forgot that E3 was here, but we have had our first conference of this year courtesy of EA.

In all honesty, there didn't seem to be a lot to be excited about from EA (maybe Battlefield 5).

The conference in a nutshell.

1. Battlefield 5 having a Bad Company vibe to it. No loot boxes or premium passes (though still expecting EA to find some way of fucking it up) and there's a battle royale mode called Royale. Very original.

2. FIFA securing the Champions League rights after PES lost it. In other news, I took a cracking shit earlier. 

3. Origin Access Premier was announced for PC that costs a bit more a bit but adds new releases in there as well.

4. Respawn announcing a Star Wars game called Jedi: Fallen Order. Set between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. Out at the end of the year.

5. Clone Wars content coming to the pay to win wallet rape fest known as Battlefront 2.

6. Unravel 2 was announced and now released. I don't know much about this but think the first one was well received.

7. New Command and Conquer released. Interest immediately gone when announced for mobile.

8. EA has partnered with a Berlin indie studio to create a game called Sea if Solitude. Out early next year.

9. Some American sports games to be bastardised.

10. Gameplay for Anthem was shown and has a release date of 22nd February. No loot boxes either.

Any that you're looking forward to see?

I'm hoping for Nintendo to highlight new content rather than Wii U ports mainly, though Smash Bros will make an appearance so that always helps.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top thread @Bluebird Hewitt. Glad that BV doesn't have lootbox shite but this is EA, so they will have something to up their sleeve. 

Always intersted in FIFA news. Hate it with an absolute passion but it's like heroin, I keep coming back to it because I'm mentally weak. 

Unravel 2 interests me, I wanted to love the first one so so so much but couldn't get into it. Will probably watch U2 on YouTube instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing really spectacular in that lineup and even Anthem is going to be another Destiny with an EA badge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Did EA specifially state there would be no loot boxes @Bluebird Hewitt?

This is the live report from Eurogamer in regards to EA's conference.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-09-ea-e3-2018-conference-live-report_3

Battlefield 5 is mentioned at 19.06, while Anthem is mentioned at 20.11 in regards to loot boxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

 

2. FIFA securing the Champions League rights after PES lost it. In other news, I took a cracking shit earlier. 

xD 

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Top thread @Bluebird Hewitt. Glad that BV doesn't have lootbox shite but this is EA, so they will have something to up their sleeve. 

Always intersted in FIFA news. Hate it with an absolute passion but it's like heroin, I keep coming back to it because I'm mentally weak. 

Unravel 2 interests me, I wanted to love the first one so so so much but couldn't get into it. Will probably watch U2 on YouTube instead.

I say this now - I think this year's FIFA will be the first I won't buy in about 7 or 8 years. 

I barely even use my PS4 anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Pro evo is absolutely done then,, not that they were really challenging Fifa anyway but losing the champions league rights will surely finish them off for good. It's a shame if that's the case because I still buy it every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't bought PES since before they started naming it after the year instead of PES3, PES4 etc. apparently the gameplay is much better than fifa but you can see from ultimate team that people care more about collecting special players than playing a good football game and EAs absolute dominance on the licensing front severely limits what PES can do to compete in that way.

It's a shame how little appreciation there is for a more realistic game but then why would FIFA waste time trying to give their customers a better experience when they can just make constant millions off of naive 12 year olds buying fifa points after seeing weird 30 year old men called #Beastnaldo16 jizzing their tits off when they pack a rare player on Ultimate Team.

I fucking detest our generation.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

So Pro evo is absolutely done then,, not that they were really challenging Fifa anyway but losing the champions league rights will surely finish them off for good. It's a shame if that's the case because I still buy it every year.

Not really. PES has done fine with next to near no rights for some time before the CL. The only way PES will go down will be via Konami, especially as they've cut back on AAA games now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping BF is good, didn’t particularly enjoy the most recent one but not sure if that’s because i haven’t given it enough playing time. Battle Royale is no surprise they had to do it. And all the premium bollocks does my but in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Microsoft's conference is still going, but it looks like it's going well so far.

Big highlight is the purchase of Playground Games (developers of Forza Horizon series), Compulsion Games (developers of Contrast and We Happy Few) and Ninja Theory (developers of Enslaved, the DMC prequel and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a bit disappointed with M$s showdown this year. I mean this is the time to make a mark and all you're giving us is PC offshoots and company purchases with a promise of a new Gears and Halo next year? I still don't get what their gameplan is and I am waiting for Sony to make me break the bank. I did like the idea behind Sekiro because I quite enjoy the Dark Souls and Bloodbourne franchise but still nothing to get excited about just yet but that is coming to the PS4 as well.

Today we're going to get some finalised Sony games like Death Stranding which so far has been what I expect from Kojima and a true AAA title ... Last of Us. And then the big reveal, hopefully, for the new Metroid on the Switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone see Sony's press conference last night? I was particularly wowed by two things - Nioh 2 and the run for LoU. The other game that looked great was Control but I am not sure what to really expect there. As expected Kojima showed us bits of what hes actually upto as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading that Nintendo's one was a bit meh, dedicating a lot of time for Smash Bros rather than showing off new games.

At the same time, they must of had fun negotiating with Sega, Capcom, Namco, Konami, Platinum and Square Enix, seeing as the roster is every character that has appeared in the entire series, including third party and DLC characters. Adding the Inklings and Ridley as well, I think that gives you over 60 playable characters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want more output from Nintendo. 

Bring out some switch original Donkey Kong, Yoshi stuff...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Reading that Nintendo's one was a bit meh, dedicating a lot of time for Smash Bros rather than showing off new games.

At the same time, they must of had fun negotiating with Sega, Capcom, Namco, Konami, Platinum and Square Enix, seeing as the roster is every character that has appeared in the entire series, including third party and DLC characters. Adding the Inklings and Ridley as well, I think that gives you over 60 playable characters. 

I was hoping for something more than just Smash honestly and the interview and play with Pokemon nearly put me to sleep. Disappointed that they didn't even try and mention a Metroid release date leading me to believe that they are doing it in the Fall of 2019. The only other good thing was a Fire Emblem game announcement for Spring 2019 but that's about it. Really disappointing but atleast we get Smash over the Christmas season. 

Fortnite isn't worth its salt on a Switch imo seemed a bit buggy and very non-Nintendo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Fortnite isn't worth its salt on a Switch imo seemed a bit buggy and very non-Nintendo.

Though most people will play this on PS4 and Xbox One, it's good to get this on Switch, especially as it should be free and you could arguably play this on the move as well (so long as you have WiFi of course).

As for it being non-Nintendo, other than it being a shooter, I think graphically and with it being 'non violent' (ie. there's no blood or limbs being decapitated etc), it's actually a good fit for Nintendo. Whether it'll be downloaded and played a lot remains to be seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Though most people will play this on PS4 and Xbox One, it's good to get this on Switch, especially as it should be free and you could arguably play this on the move as well (so long as you have WiFi of course).

As for it being non-Nintendo, other than it being a shooter, I think graphically and with it being 'non violent' (ie. there's no blood or limbs being decapitated etc), it's actually a good fit for Nintendo. Whether it'll be downloaded and played a lot remains to be seen.

i think the issues they had with Doom when it launched were pretty visible but people downloaded that too. It really all depends on how much of the market is not already playing it on their PCs/other consoles and want to give this a try on the Switch. It may be a good idea but considering how bad their netcode (Nintendo) has been from day one I can't see anyone taking it too seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement