talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group F Matchday 1 - 17/18th June - Germany 0-1 Mexico, Sweden 1-0 South Korea

football forums

• Administrator
Just now, El Profesor said:

That´s a good comp. If only Vardy was mexican... He fits that team perfectly. 

it's one reason I'd love Lozano to come to us but never happening in a million years.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well deserved and Mexico continuing to play in the same way after the goal which is great to see, hope it continues in the second half.

mexico fans are creating an amazing atmosphere to.

viva la Mexico 

Just now, Inverted said:

Khedira and Kroos totally overwhelmed by pace through the middle.

Khedira I have no clue why he's still in the team - should have plugged in someone from last years B team instead. Kroos is just having a bad game.

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

The only quality he's missing to be the best CB is a Peruvian passport.

If he was Peruvian he wouldn't even be in Europe.

Not quite sure why folks are so dismissive of Mexico. Racism? Anyone that's ever watched them play knows they're dangerous. 

That said, am a bit surprised how they're dominating Germany so far. Definitely not the Germany of 2014 or even 2010. Is Muller even playing? Once he gets going (IF he gets going) Germany will be fine. 

Seems like a routine win on paper for the Germans but when I saw the group matchup I knew it wasn't going to be a straightforward win for them.

Viva Mexico! :):) (proper North American representatives!!)

• Administrator

yeah regarding Boateng (was gonna quote the comment earlier but Mexico scored xD ) 

I don't think anyone's ever said he's world class on here but you can be consistently solid and reliable without being compared to being world class/elite/the best or being labelled over-rated.

Having said that, even the world's best players over history have made errors in their games.

Just now, Paulo Dybala said:

Not quite sure why folks are so dismissive of Mexico. Racism? Anyone that's ever watched them play knows they're dangerous. 

That said, am a bit surprised how they're dominating Germany so far. Definitely not the Germany of 2014 or even 2010. Is Muller even playing? Once he gets going (IF he gets going) Germany will be fine. 

Seems like a routine win on paper for the Germans but when I saw the group matchup I knew it wasn't going to be a straightforward win for them.

Muller is playing - but I don't blame you for not noticing it. Been totally anonymous so far.

Mexico is a good team when they get going, Osorio nailed his tactics today - but keep in mind his teams often implode. It already happened with Mexico vs Chile - and it happened several times when he was at Atletico Nacional.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

yeah regarding Boateng (was gonna quote the comment earlier but Mexico scored xD ) 

I don't think anyone's ever said he's world class on here but you can be consistently solid and reliable without being compared to being world class/elite/the best or being labelled over-rated.

Having said that, even the world's best players over history have made errors in their games.

I've seen a few people say he's an unreal CB. Not really, I don't watch the Bundesliga at all but I do watch Bayern in the Champions League and really don't think he's that great. Defenders make errors a lot, but against the top sides I see it all the time from Boateng.

He's got completeness about him, but he can't stay on his feet. Always seems to be slipping, and that's a necessity as a defender. As I said, if he was Peruvian, he wouldn't be in Europe because we've had defenders who have made 1 or 2 mistakes and have been sent back home. Not sure why Viva la FCB has to bring that up anyways.

2 minutes ago, Paulo Dybala said:

I am latino and I dismissed Mexico before the World Cup. Nothing to do with race and more about Juan Carlos Osorio.

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Khedira I have no clue why he's still in the team - should have plugged in someone from last years B team instead. Kroos is just having a bad game.

Kroos even at his best is not able to handle men attacking him 1v1 in the centre, or chase runners like Mexico have. Yet with Khedira charging into rn box right before losing the ball, that’s what he is being asked to do. 

Its a big tactical mistake not to have the centre prepared for Mexico’s counters, and if Hummels and Boateng need to keep charging forward to challenge Mexico’s passes out one of them’s getting sent off.

Go on México.

I've been enjoying this game as much as anyone else, but I think it's only a matter of time until Germany goes on 3rd gear and changes the game and the score completely.

• Subscriber

Boateng has had several injuries over the last two seasons. He's been fairly inconsistent when fit over that span but to deny his talent and qualities outright is kind of outrageous. Your silly claim deserved a silly response ol Blue.

Well, this was underwhelming, Draxler and Kimmich having a mare, Plattenhardt absolutely not involved in the match due his team mates always playing through the right side and completly ignoring him. Mexico was the better side and desrve their lead. Here´s hope we will see another match in the second half though.

1 minute ago, ASF said:

Go on México.

I've been enjoying this game as much as anyone else, but I think it's only a matter of time until Germany goes on 3rd gear and changes the game and the score completely.

I am not, Andre. If Germany finishes 2nd and Brazil 1st we´ll be meeting them right after the group stage. And for obvious reasons, I´m scared to death of Germany. xD 

• Administrator

@Paulo Dybala definitely not racism. Not sure how it can even be construed as that?!

Just they've flattered to deceive in previous tournaments and have exited early in the knockouts.

Having said that, given the efficiency that Germans are usually known for, I don't think anyone expected Mexico to play this good.

Just hope they keep it up for the 2nd half!

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

Boateng has had several injuries over the last two seasons. He's been fairly inconsistent when fit over that span but to deny his talent and qualities outright is kind of outrageous. Your silly claim deserved a silly response ol Blue.

I'm not denying his qualities. I'm saying I think he's overrated. You can have lots of qualities about you and be crap - in the same manner that you can be limited and be good. 

David Luiz for me has a ton of things about him, but he's not had a good record in his career when it came to actually defending.

Its a preference thing and is my opinion. Nothing silly about it. 

2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I heard from some Bayern fans he lost a bit of pace. Do you think this is a fair assessment? I still think he can be very effective even if a bit slower, but he needs a partner that can compensate for it, and it can´t be Hummels, in my opinion. I am curious about your thoughts, @Viva la FCB

4 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I am not, Andre. If Germany finishes 2nd and Brazil 1st we´ll be meeting them right after the group stage. And for obvious reasons, I´m scared to death of Germany. xD 

Seven obvious reasons.

Archived