talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group G Matchday 2 - 23/24 June - Belgium 5-2 Tunisia, England 6-1 Panama

football forums

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

You're completely missing the point. Nobody is saying the continent as a whole is terrible, just that there is a massive gulf between the likes of Brazil and Argentina and the likes of Honduras and Paraguay. 

Even Peru, though you think I'm trolling have been absolutely embarrassed despite you saying you'd do well.

There isn't a massive gulf between Argentina and everyone else. Only Brazil in my opinion.

And we haven't been completely embarrassed. Did you even watch the games? We are back for our first world cup in 36 years,  played some good football and conceded only 2 goals. Hardly embarrassing.

Venezuela gave Argentina a good game and drew them. They finished bottom. The only 2 far from everyone else are Bolivia and Brazil, the latter is better than everyone else, former worse than everyone else.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Pretty embarrassing how many people in this thread think Panama are South American to be honest.

Not more than people on this forum who think Iran is an Arab country 

Wait a minute you taught that too o.O

9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Imagine celebrating like that though xD such a tinpot nation. 

They're a small 3rd world country they're allowed to

For those Europeans that think South America isn't the second best continent, have a day off xD shocking comment to make and agree with.

16 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Don't present facts to an argument with Blue. Never ends well.

I presented the next facts to you. 9/10 South Americans out of their group in the last 2 World Cups and 7 quarter finalists. 3 semi-finalists out of 8 where as the other 5 are from the only better continent. Embarrassing comment to make and agree with. 

Uruguay, Colombia and Paraguay are in there as quarter finalists and Chile were penalties away from being one too.

South America - 9 World Cup wins

CONCACAF - 0 World Cup wins

AFC - 0 World Cup wins

OFC - 0 World Cup wins

CAF - 0 World Cup wins

UEFA - 11 World Cup wins

#SouthAmericaOverrepresented

21 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Our defending in general has been shoddy today. Think Belgium will have a field day if we defend simarlarly. 

There's always one miserable cunt

• Subscriber

Tough game to even analyse. They were the worst side I've ever seen in the World Cup. Even Saudi Arabia were better.

But too many times we've seen England fail to break down shite like that. While I don't think people should get carried away with it, it's definitely progress. It's how I expected really, we're doing better than in previous tournaments and it's already probably our best tournament since 2006 (which is depressing really) but I don't think people should get too carried away by it, we've played two absolutely dire sides.

What's strange now is that we've gone and matched Belgium's record for points, goals scored and goals conceded, meaning that if we draw with them, it'll come down to disciplinary records xD what's even more farcical is that given Germany have blown their group, it's actually looking like a long term beneficiary to finish 2nd rather than 1st. I don't read into the next round - I think there's little between the four, they're all beatable but they're all tricky, it's the round after that that concerns me, if we win the group, we would likely face Brazil, and if we come 2nd it's likely to be Mexico or Switzerland.

This will be a very weird game.

25 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

You're completely missing the point. Nobody is saying the continent as a whole is terrible, just that there is a massive gulf between the likes of Brazil and Argentina and the likes of Honduras and Paraguay. 

Honduras aren't even in South America though.

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think England should be looking for a quarter final. I was devastated when Southgate got the job but he has done better than i thought already

He's had help from Pep, Souhgate came to City for a few coaching sessions 

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Yep, watched them both. 

You are out after two games, literally out of the door at the quickest possible time of asking. You have been embarrassed no matter how much you claim that you haven't because you've "played from the back".

You say you watched them yet failed to tell me what happened in both those games.

Its our own fault for being wasteful in the first game but its unfair to judge us against France, who are a better team. Your comment on Argentina being superior to everyone is embarassing as Argentina failed to beat Paraguay, Peru, Venezuela and Brazil in qualifying.
You've avoided my question too, which continent is underrepresented if its not South America? Both them and Europe should have more spots if its about the "best teams".

Just now, Happy Blue said:

He's had help from Pep, Souhgate came to City for a few coaching sessions 

Doesn't matter how you get there mate

1 minute ago, Machado said:

How did Panama get here? They have players playing in Guatemala and Mexico's 2nd division.

Luis Tejada plays for Sport Boys, who are a big club but are fighting relegation in Peru and just won promotion. Yet another example.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

This is why an extended World Cup is crap. We will see more semi-pro drips like this who are just happy to turn up, kick a few footballers and have a party. 

I'd just throw Panama out after today to be honest, pointless them even being here.

exactly.     this drubbing ain't a demonstration of how strong england is but only the fact that panama is a lowly football country.    possible opponents of england in the r16 is either japan or senegal or even colombia, can we say that'll be a lucky straw ???

Archived