talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group G Matchday 2 - 23/24 June - Belgium 5-2 Tunisia, England 6-1 Panama

football forums

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

You mean like Brazil would smash Croatia?

Honestly with the performance Peru showed so far they wouldn´t stand a chance against the likes of Czech Republic, Ireland, Greece, Turkey and more than 10 other European countries, who all didn´t qualify. By the way I never said it would be hard to qualify from Europe; it was you who, may i say uncalled for, several times said South America would be the hardest continental federation to qualify from- now live with the consequences when your claim is proven by a reality check.

This tournament is a one off. Also, all those nations you mentioned are teams we would beat. You're just too european centric.

Its no wonder you've avoided the facts. Why do South America have 7 quarter finalists in the last 2 tournaments and have had 9/10 teams qualify from their groups (usually over Europeans) if we are so shit?

We are having a bad tournament but our worst teams are still comfortably better than most 2nd tier European teams.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colour me shocked that the Europeans avoided my facts and questions. They realized they are speaking out of their rears.

32 minutes ago, Blue said:

I find it hilarious that everyone has avoided my question in who is the second best continent.

You lot know you're talking bollocks. Especially when one of them says that Mexico, Panama and Honduras is a part of South America xD

South America clearly. Although I don't think you were aiming the question at me.

I'm not sure though if you might be a bit missenformed about Europe though. Most Europeans aren't euro.centric. Most don't care if a team from Europe wins the world cip

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

South America clearly. Although I don't think you were aiming the question at me.

I'm not sure though if you might be a bit missenformed about Europe though. Most Europeans aren't euro.centric. Most don't care if a team from Europe wins the world cip

Well clearly they are if this German fella thinks there are 20 European sides better than Peru xD

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Well clearly they are if this German fella thinks there are 20 European sides better than Peru xD

That's only one person though. And the reason people are complaining about about Panama being there and not Holland or Italy is because they are better sides. Most would be complaining if Argentina hasn't qualified 

38 minutes ago, ASF said:

What I've learned from this thread is that Cannabis is awful in Geography. 

He's awful with football knowledge too, apparently

17 minutes ago, Blue said:

Colour me shocked that the Europeans avoided my facts and questions. They realized they are speaking out of their rears.

I think you are actually being quite racist if I'm honest 

23 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

How the fuck do we end up talking about the same fucking country in every thread. Jesus Christ.

To be fair, the original debate was that South America is underrepresented, and I argued against that. It was Cannabis who brought Peru into the mix, so he's contradicting himself.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

This tournament is a one off. Also, all those nations you mentioned are teams we would beat. You're just too european centric.

Its no wonder you've avoided the facts. Why do South America have 7 quarter finalists in the last 2 tournaments and have had 9/10 teams qualify from their groups (usually over Europeans) if we are so shit?

We are having a bad tournament but our worst teams are still comfortably better than most 2nd tier European teams.

The last 3 WC have been won by European countries.

11-9 in favor of Europe, currently.

We are the best continent, when it comes to football. 

1 minute ago, ASF said:

The last 3 WC have been won by European countries.

11-9 in favor of Europe, currently.

We are the best continent, when it comes to football. 

I never doubted that, but to say we aren't the second best continent is silly, even for the biggest of football hipsters.

Ive supported England since Euro 96. I never once thought we would see England score five in a first half, Jesse Lingard score a real world class goal, Harry Kane equal the top Goalscorer at the last World Cup in less than two matches, John Stones score more World Cup goals than Wayne Rooney, a nation so happy and united as one behind a manager nobody particularly wanted with a squad nobody particularly rated.

However, if you were tell me if all that was to happen and @Blue would still manage to make this thread about a casual link to Peru through the quality of South American football id actually believe you. For once just give it a rest.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

Ive supportes England since Euro 96. I never once thought we would see England score five in a first half, Jesse Lingard score a real world class goal, Harry Kane equal the top Goalscorer at last World Cup ib kess thab two matches, John Stones score more World Cup goals than Wayne Rooney, a nation so happy and united as one behind a manager nobody particularly wanted with a squad nobody oartixularky rated.

However, if you were tell me if all that was to happen and @Blue would still manage to make this thread about a casual link to Peru through the quality of South American football id actually believe you. For once just give it a rest.

I didn't even make this thread about Peru xD that was Cannabis.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

I never doubted that, but to say we aren't the second best continent is silly, even for the biggest of football hipsters.

You're second best, no doubts about that.

Also, qualifying from South America is difficult. You only have to see that your continental champion didn't make it, to the WC.

Fucking hell. Just watched an interesting half of football between two fascinating, evenly-balanced teams, and I'm sat at half-time listening to Phil Neville argue that a well-worked England free kick is goal of the tournament.

I think I need some credit on here for not hating England more than I do.

Edit: meant this for the Senegal-Japan thread, but meh.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Yes, you do. It has been pointed out a few times during this World Cup that you have been caught lying about players that you have seen, only for other members to point out that you are talking rubbish.

Just the other day you told me you'd seen a lad playing well when you'd seen him in the Europa League yet when I ran his name through Google, he had only played six times all season, finishing 90 minutes once and scoring zero goals despite being a striker. Once again, lying. Add this to the other lies about being a football chairman etc. 

Anyway, this is a topic about Belgium, England, Tunisia and Panama so can you kindly keep to the topic rather than wanking off to Peru at any given opportunity. I thought going out after two games might have mellowed you but it sadly isn't the case. 

I am not responding to any further rubbish or baiting on this matter, my job is to keep this forum tidy and by giving you the time of day I have sadly failed to do that today, further rubbish being spouted will result in a warning and/or suspension because quite frankly I and the rest of the forum are tired of it. 

Do with this post how you wish, but do understand that I am quite frankly tired and bored of being a babysitter.

I was just abrasively discussing about why I think the whole debate is silly and I'm being threatened with a warning? I don't lie either. I saw Hwang Hee Chan play against Marseille but I never cliamed to be an expert.

I am bored and tired of being targetted and nothing is done about it. Don't be power hungry, and the only one posting rubbish is you. If you want to warn me, go ahead and do it. Ban me if you wish, but you instigated this yourself and I will not allow you to take over my pride in such way.

Good day.

Put it this way Cannabis, you are warning me because you don't believe me when I say I am not a liar.

Christ, if you want just get me off the forum. I will not put up with such rubbish.

England were clinical and Panama seemed to get ridiculously rattled by it, to the point that they embarassed themselves and the game descended into a pounding.

This England team seem very good at set pieces which is what stereotypically England should be. A big win should be great for momentum and confidence. Let's hope we get something against Belgium so spirits can remain high going into the knockouts for a change.

The real test will come with how they respond to teams who can and will hurt us. Tunisia and Panama are barely better than the teams we had to beat in qualifying. We've been fortunate with this group draw. Probably the easiest draw in the competition. You need good fortune to do anything and we seem to be having a fair bit of it so far.

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

Put it this way Cannabis, you are warning me because you don't believe me when I say I am not a liar.

Christ, if you want just get me off the forum. I will not put up with such rubbish.

Shutup, you're being a dickhead. Have some self-awareness and move on.

Archived