talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Discussion on Power Abuse

football forum

Hi all, and I'm putting it in this second in order to avoid a big backleash, but I need to talk to the staff. Sending a DM won't help because they'll just leave the room.

Please read all of it before reading this as a meltdown, or as a "sympathy" thread, etc. This is just a friendly bit of criticism for the staff. @Stan 

In the past few days, I have received a power abuse trip from Cannabis. You could argue that I was being a dickhead in a certain thread, etc but just hear me out.

I was put on post preview last night for sharing my opinion, rather aggresively perhaps because of certain baiters claiming me to know nothing about football etc. You could say I took it to heart, and that would be fair enough. Maybe I did and just don't see it myself. However, the point is to not feed the baiter and talk to them rather than to me. Besides, it was just a discussion on football and it never came to insults. It just came to "you're spouting nonsense" etc.

Today, I saw a post in the Liga MX for the first time by Teso, gave him criticism and that was seen as "baiting" which others have done to me and gotten away with it. Why do I get picked out for baiting and not others to me?

People always blame me for being the victim, but it genuinely is that way and its getting old. Its clear I am getting targetted when the likes of Cicero and Eco bait every day and get away with it, yet I do it and its the end of the world.

Oh and if this gets deleted by Cannabis, I will just DM the staff to discuss it, but this needs to be made public because its getting out of control.

Keep in mind, Cannabis said this: in the Liga MX thread.

I am a staff member and can do whatever I like

Its just criticism mind you, but its gotten old and needs to be changed.

Thanks.

- Brian.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Blue said:

I have to say I have been receiving bullshit forum warnings in the last few days.

I have been criticizing the staff for the way they are running things and they have just been getting deleted. Are you really so blind as to close the door to any of my suggestions? Do the staff ever want to listen?

I made a thread criticizing the staff, and it gets deleted. There are too many problems with the way the staff is running this forum at the moment and its making me really uncomfortable. Learn to accept criticism lads.

I have PM'd Stan the issue at hand as this will just get deleted again no doubt. Its getting fucking tiring.

@DeadLinesman @Stan

this is very rich of you considering you've literally just told me that you like the way me and Phil have been handling things and the fact I've had to listen to you for the last week and have tried to help you before. Furthermore you even admitted that you went against what I recommend you to do (not bait people back or respond to anyone who does bait you) but you went and did it. Very, very ignorant of you to say 'do the staff ever want to listen' as well. 

Was there any need for you to go public with this? 

Just because we don't bow down to the kind of request you make, doesn't mean we don't listen. It doesn't mean that everything you ask us to do must be comprehended.

I'll be brutally honest - I think you need to learn to accept criticism. I also don't think you need to take all of this so personally or to heart. Literally everyone gets baited on here at any given time. People react in different ways but when you go digging up posts from two weeks ago for no reason, there's no wonder people will bite back a bit. 

You go from staff member to staff member asking for these things you want because you don't get the answer you want from the person before. 

Just now, Stan said:

this is very rich of you considering you've literally just told me that you like the way me and Phil have been handling things and the fact I've had to listen to you for the last week and have tried to help you before. Furthermore you even admitted that you went against what I recommend you to do (not bait people back or respond to anyone who does bait you) but you went and did it. Very, very ignorant of you to say 'do the staff ever want to listen' as well. 

Was there any need for you to go public with this? 

Just because we don't bow down to the kind of request you make, doesn't mean we don't listen. It doesn't mean that everything you ask us to do must be comprehended.

I'll be brutally honest - I think you need to learn to accept criticism. I also don't think you need to take all of this so personally or to heart. Literally everyone gets baited on here at any given time. People react in different ways but when you go digging up posts from two weeks ago for no reason, there's no wonder people will bite back a bit. 

You go from staff member to staff member asking for these things you want because you don't get the answer you want from the person before. 

I didn't want to give names. I think both you and Phil have done an excellent job with running the forum, because you are targetting both the baiter and the biter. A few days ago I fell out with Eco and you told us to both stop. That's how it should be done.

A few others have told me to stop and let the baiter go on with it. There is a few problems with that. 1, it makes me feel like the victim, so don't blame me afterwards if I keep saying that I'm a target. Secondly, it feeds the baiter to go on.

The 2 reasons I have gone public is I am scared of PM spam, and because I am frustrated! I am uncomfortable! Not everything I do is going to turn into a backleash, and if I really am a poison (which is not in any way intended), don't target me and then delete my posts when I criticize the staffs way of running things.

As for your last point, maybe I don't know how to accept criticism and don't even know it myself, but even if true, that's not an excuse to target me as the only baiter and biter.

Please understand that I am uncomfortable. You don't have to pander to me in any way, I am rather saying that some shouldn't abuse their power and then get delete their posts in blindness because its not what they wanted to hear.

Stop giving warnings, I didn't do anything that no one else doesn't do.

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Tell you what, have your thread open then, but don't cry if you don't get the response you want. 

I won't cry, but I'm sick of you abusing your position.

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I had hidden this thread to save Blue the embarrassment, but as he is so passionate about this being put to the forum I have opened it again so that our members can have their two cents. I am not going to delve too much into this topic as quite frankly I am sick and tired of being a babysitter. I've got a full time job outside of the forum and at the moment it feels like I'm working nights on here trying to keep things under control. 

I'd also like to point out that the quote in the opening post has been manipulated by Blue, the real post can be seen above (just putting this out there to make things clear). 

When you say comments such as "the rest of the forum agree with me" like you did the other day, how do you expect me to respect you? How do you know the rest of the forum agrees with you when nobody said anything?

I made this thread to critique certain members, and I don't want it to be seen as a meltdown. If it is, fair enough and I'll pay the price, but you are uncomforting me and taking away all my freedom on here.

I don't intend to be a poison, you know.

• Subscriber

To be honest with you @Blue, I like you as a poster and appreciate your passion for your country, which must have gone into overdrive in the last 6 months and even moreso the last 6 weeks given Peru's history with World Cup qualification, but as a patient person, I've been tired for a while of reading utterly pointless drivel in half of the threads on this website that are frequently linked to discussions about Peru, Peruvian players, and whatever else. Now whilst there is fault on both sides such as people joking about Guerrero non-stop for a while, and people generally trying to wind you up, the majority of the forum have no hand in it yet keep having to read about how situations involving Brazilian players who play in Serie A remind you of a Peruvian player you scouted once who has been linked with a move to a Second Division Mexican side. I know you care and want to talk about it to people but when you're constantly getting the piss taken out of you or general negative feedback from people who just don't care, it surprises me that you continue to post about Peru in threads where it isn't relevant when you surely must know that 2-3 people are going to bite and end up upsetting you or drawing you into an argument while many other forum members will roll their eyes and ignore it but have to read through the 20+ posts of drivel that follows.

I think it's been said enough times but basically try and stop making so many threads about Peru, and try not to bite when certain people try and draw you into doing so. Another thing I've noticed lately is you going out of your way to try and "prove" that people are talking bollocks as if something they've posted is outrageous with a xD emoji as if everyone thinks they're a total bell when in actual fact they might have only said something that's mildly debatable.

Hopefully you can take this as friendly criticism or whatever you want to call it, try not to have the last word in every thread and accept your responsibility in derailing threads, and leave others to do the same. It's like I say to my students "you might not be the only one doing it but that doesn't mean that it isn't wrong for you to do it too". I think it is clear that aside from what I've said, you (and your passion for your country in moderation) are appreciated as a contributor on this forum and that is reflected in the widespread sympathy towards you and Peru's World Cup campaign.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

To be honest with you @Blue, I like you as a poster and appreciate your passion for your country, which must have gone into overdrive in the last 6 months and even moreso the last 6 weeks given Peru's history with World Cup qualification, but as a patient person, I've been tired for a while of reading utterly pointless drivel in half of the threads on this website that are frequently linked to discussions about Peru, Peruvian players, and whatever else. Now whilst there is fault on both sides such as people joking about Guerrero non-stop for a while, and people generally trying to wind you up, the majority of the forum have no hand in it yet keep having to read about how situations involving Brazilian players who play in Serie A remind you of a Peruvian player you scouted once who has been linked with a move to a Second Division Mexican side. I know you care and want to talk about it to people but when you're constantly getting the piss taken out of you or general negative feedback from people who just don't care, it surprises me that you continue to post about Peru in threads where it isn't relevant when you surely must know that 2-3 people are going to bite and end up upsetting you or drawing you into an argument while many other forum members will roll their eyes and ignore it but have to read through the 20+ posts of drivel that follows.

I think it's been said enough times but basically try and stop making so many threads about Peru, and try not to bite when certain people try and draw you into doing so. Another thing I've noticed lately is you going out of your way to try and "prove" that people are talking bollocks as if something they've posted is outrageous with a xD emoji as if everyone thinks they're a total bell when in actual fact they might have only said something that's mildly debatable.

Hopefully you can take this as friendly criticism or whatever you want to call it, try not to have the last word in every thread and accept your responsibility in derailing threads, and leave others to do the same. It's like I say to my students "you might not be the only one doing it but that doesn't mean that it isn't wrong for you to do it too". I think it is clear that aside from what I've said, you (and your passion for your country in moderation) are appreciated as a contributor on this forum and that is reflected in the widespread sympathy towards you and Peru's World Cup campaign.

Mate, I don't want this to be a sympathy thread or an attension seeking one, even if it will likely come across as one.

I try not to be a poison on this forum, believe me. But its hard when some members make more drama out of my posts and then when I try to argue my case (usually a totally harmless debate) I get shit from some of the staff members for bollocks. I think some have been doing a good job with the forum like Stan and Phil who have been trying to kill the debate, and maybe what I'm doing is wrong, but given others do it all the time it makes me uncomfortable and with less freedom of speech. I hope you understand...

Everytime I make a post, I get threatened with post preview. Do you see how I feel?

@RandoEFC as for the Peru thing, I think what you said is fair but I still think I should be able to make examples of things given its what I can best relate to. I get some might not understand and I accept that but this thread isn't about that. Its about receiving warnings that make me feel less free compared to everyone else.

When Cannabis says "the rest of the forum agree with me" when nobody said anything, it sums up my point.

• Subscriber
Just now, Blue said:

Mate, I don't want this to be a sympathy thread or an attension seeking one, even if it will likely come across as one.

I try not to be a poison on this forum, believe me. But its hard when some members make more drama out of my posts and then when I try to argue my case (usually a totally harmless debate) I get shit from some of the staff members for bollocks. I think some have been doing a good job with the forum like Stan and Phil who have been trying to kill the debate, and maybe what I'm doing is wrong, but given others do it all the time it makes me uncomfortable and with less freedom of speech. I hope you understand...

Everytime I make a post, I get threatened with post preview. Do you see how I feel?

Ask yourself "what can I do about this situation?"

Can you control what other members post trying to wind you up? No.

Can you control what you do in response to this regardless of how the posts might annoy you the first time you read them? Yes.

If you want the situation to change, you should listen to what other people are telling you. I don't have a crystal ball but I expect that if you don't we'll find ourselves having this exact debate yet again three months down the line.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Ask yourself "what can I do about this situation?"

Can you control what other members post trying to wind you up? No.

Can you control what you do in response to this regardless of how the posts might annoy you the first time you read them? Yes.

If you want the situation to change, you should listen to what other people are telling you. I don't have a crystal ball but I expect that if you don't we'll find ourselves having this exact debate yet again three months down the line.

I don't pledge myself innocent to reacting to posts.

I do feel like a target for a few though. Some are totally harmless in reality, those I can't speak for, but when the staff threaten me with post preview because I'm "spouting rubbish" is what bothers me, and then I get blamed for making me feel like the victim.

I'll take your word though. I still don't feel like I have very much freedom though.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't pledge myself innocent to reacting to posts.

I do feel like a target for a few though. Some are totally harmless in reality, those I can't speak for, but when the staff threaten me with post preview because I'm "spouting rubbish" is what bothers me, and then I get blamed for making me feel like the victim.

I'll take your word though. I still don't feel like I have very much freedom though.

There is a definite freedom though in choosing not to engage in a silly conflict with someone, denying them what they want which is getting a rise out of you and ultimately leading you into the situation you find yourself in now.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

There is a definite freedom though in choosing not to engage in a silly conflict with someone, denying them what they want which is getting a rise out of you and ultimately leading you into the situation you find yourself in now.

But I didn't get into a "silly conflict" to receive these warnings?

I was on post preview all day yesterday because Cannabis said "I was spouting rubbish" and "the rest of the forum agrees with me", that's a bit shitty in my opinion.

I have tried my best to respect the staff, and I still do to some. When I get cornered behind a wall for something others do all the time, what can I do? It uncomforts me.

Even if I did get into a "silly conflict" that perhaps I am missing, ultimately the point is to not feed the baiter with things they want to hear. If the staff gives me warnings for reacting, doesn't that ultimately feed them instead of also cleaning them up? I may react, but ultimately I can't be the only one to blame. 

Anyways... thanks for taking this thread maturely @RandoEFC. I am a very anxious person, hence why I can be defensive.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Blue said:

But I didn't get into a "silly conflict" to receive these warnings?

I was on post preview all day yesterday because Cannabis said "I was spouting rubbish" and "the rest of the forum agrees with me", that's a bit shitty in my opinion.

I have tried my best to respect the staff, and I still do to some. When I get cornered behind a wall for something others do all the time, what can I do? It uncomforts me.

Even if I did get into a "silly conflict" that perhaps I am missing, ultimately the point is to not feed the baiter with things they want to hear. If the staff gives me warnings for reacting, doesn't that ultimately feed them instead of also cleaning them up? I may react, but ultimately I can't be the only one to blame. 

Anyways... thanks for taking this thread maturely @RandoEFC. I am a very anxious person, hence why I can be defensive.

I mean, I don't really have much to say on the post preview stuff, I don't k ow what specific content was being referred to. Really I'm just feeding back to you why people get annoyed by some of your posting, even if it's not just your fault by any means, and if you solve that problem then you'll never end up having the problems clashing with staff that have led to this thread and situations like it.

I like you @Blue, you know that or at least I hope you do.

But I don’t like silly shite like this. @Cannabis certainly doesn’t abuse his mod powers, nor do any of the mods. I think they all do a very good job - it’s not easy to police people being idiots and saying/doing things on the internet. So I think that’s a bit of a ridiculous accusation in all honesty. I think we’re lucky to have a forum with mods as good as ours, I’ve been on some forums with some real dogs shit mods. Here the team is all fucking ace.

For everything else, I think there’s no way I can say anything better than @RandoEFC did.

I don’t think the thread was necessary at all tbh. But if you wanted member insight, there’s mine. Also I wouldn’t take too much of the banter here personally at all, unless it’s soemthing very personally, directed clearly at you, and in normal circumstances couldn’t/wouldn’t be considered banter/joking. Or if you’re being harassed. Personally I haven’t seen that happen to you, I’ve seen some light hearted banter re: Peru, but I don’t think anything malicious at all.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

I mean, I don't really have much to say on the post preview stuff, I don't k ow what specific content was being referred to. Really I'm just feeding back to you why people get annoyed by some of your posting, even if it's not just your fault by any means, and if you solve that problem then you'll never end up having the problems clashing with staff that have led to this thread and situations like it.

I have no problems in admitting that I get why some people get annoyed by me.

As for what Cannabis just said, I don't get what the warning was for. I wasn't spamming ffs. Me, Rucksanfranzose and Cannabis were all having a debate or rather argument about which is better between Europe or South America. It started with this

If you want the best of the best qualifying, have 18 from Europe and 7 or 8 from South America.

Again though I don't think thats the ultimate point of the World Cup, even if FIFA say something different.

I got picked on for saying that, and I didn't even react aggresively until I began getting called a liar, and Cannabis trying to prove why I am a liar and it ended with "the whole forum agrees with me and is tired of it" which is just an assumption. Basically another way of saying "I'm right, you're wrong. Go fuck yourself". Its quite shitty if you ask me.

Today's warning was a complete misinterpretation of a post I hadn't seen 2 weeks ago. I replied with some criticism to Teso and Cannabis thinks I am lying when I said I hadn't seen the post.

No insults were thrown out, other than calling me a liar which is against the rules, no Martin?

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I like you @Blue, you know that or at least I hope you do.

But I don’t like silly shite like this. @Cannabis certainly doesn’t abuse his mod powers, nor do any of the mods. I think they all do a very good job - it’s not easy to police people being idiots and saying/doing things on the internet. So I think that’s a bit of a ridiculous accusation in all honesty. I think we’re lucky to have a forum with mods as good as ours, I’ve been on some forums with some real dogs shit mods. Here the team is all fucking ace.

For everything else, I think there’s no way I can say anything better than @RandoEFC did.

I don’t think the thread was necessary at all tbh. But if you wanted member insight, there’s mine. Also I wouldn’t take too much of the banter here personally at all, unless it’s soemthing very personally, directed clearly at you, and in normal circumstances couldn’t/wouldn’t be considered banter/joking. Or if you’re being harassed. Personally I haven’t seen that happen to you, I’ve seen some light hearted banter re: Peru, but I don’t think anything malicious at all.

I am expecting piss takes in this thread at one point and have braced myself for it.

But I am tired of being put up against a wall because people don't like me. Its one thing to react to regular members, its another thing to receive a warning because a Staff member doesn't agree with you and is blinded with anger.

I have few complaints with the team and I always remember they are a group of friends, so I'm not expecting professionalism in any way. But I expect better than to uncomfort members.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I am expecting piss takes in this thread at one point and have braced myself for it.

But I am tired of being put up against a wall because people don't like me. Its one thing to react to regular members, its another thing to receive a warning because a Staff member doesn't agree with you and is blinded with anger.

I have few complaints with the team and I always remember they are a group of friends, so I'm not expecting professionalism in any way. But I expect better than to uncomfort members.

that's a very wild accusation. I hate @SirBalon and @Cannabis .

Lads, this thread may not have been necessary

But I have had 3 posts deleted today which was just criticism, albeit in an aggresive way but not insults and have had 2 warnings in the past 2 days because Cannabis doesn't agree with my style of posting.

I felt I needed to get out that I don't feel comfortable.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

If anything, @Stan is the abuser. Has the audacity to delete original threads and make them him his own to get credit. 

Power hungry and deserves to be stripped of his title. #BlameStand2K18

who's Stand?

Just now, Stan said:

that's a very wild accusation. I hate @SirBalon and @Cannabis .

Haha, well you get my point. Its not a company.

I think once we have resolved this issue we can close the thread. But please take my criticism and stop throwing out warnings because of an assumption.

I don't expect an apology but just stop uncomforting me. I told Stan this morning I would not react as often, but if I feel placed on a wall with these warnings.

11 minutes ago, Blue said:

The one time I ever needed to go to the mods with something they were as professional as you could ever want people volunteering their personal time to police some stupid internet dispute to ever be. It was @Stan and @Batard and they’ve known me as a poster for years here and on that old forum... never once had to deal with me really in any kind of “serious” aspect & I wouldn’t have blamed them for not taking things as seriously because of that. But they took on a very professional and super serious tone & handled the situation really well. So I can’t say I agree that you can’t expect professionalism.

• Administrator

Also holy shit, I’ve been talking about football and other shite with some of you for over a decade! That’s mental, I was a kid when I first started talking to some of you and now I’m fucking 30.

yeah you cunts have taken up 8 years of my life and I started getting some greys in that time. It has nothing to do with family deaths, a few break-ups, changing jobs, becoming a home-owner...it's all you lot xD:P 

Also holy shit, I’ve been talking about football and other shite with some of you for over a decade! That’s mental, I was a kid when I first started talking to some of you and now I’m fucking 30.

How many were you fucking back in 2007?

Archived